• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onemancult
    • Dec 2006

Re: Yes or No?

I think the slouchy boots are more versatile than the others, because
    of their simplicity. And, that toe on the others is really bothering me, too.

Comment

• minomni
      • Oct 2006

just a word of caution: i think it's been mentioned on another thread here as well, but hare's quality isn't exactly great. i think many of the garments are passable, but from what my japanese friend has told me, you can expect a couple seasons at best with the leather items. i also remember seeing some used hare boots, shoes, etc on yahoo japan - they looked a bit... tattered. the leather doesn't age/wear down too well.

Comment

• Servo2000
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="minomni"]just a word of caution: i think it's been mentioned on another thread here as well, but hare's quality isn't exactly great. i think many of the garments are passable, but from what my japanese friend has told me, you can expect a couple seasons at best with the leather items. i also remember seeing some used hare boots, shoes, etc on yahoo japan - they looked a bit... tattered. the leather doesn't age/wear down too well.
        [/quote]

I'll really only be wearing them on weekends anyway, so frankly, they won't get a terrible amount of wear. I wasn't expecting much for around $100 anyway; just something to fill the boot-sized hole in my wardrobe as decently as it can for as cheaply as I can. Christ, I feel like I'm spamming this thread. I'm going to try and let two people in a row post that aren't me.

WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• casem
          • Sep 2006

Servo, I prefer the slouchy boots, but both pairs you posted look nice for the price. The only thing that looks cheap is the bag, could just be a bad pic with the flash and all, but it looks like the kind of cheap leather that if you rub it you get black dye on your hand.

So, I just ordered the Jil Sander jacket I posted earlier, despite the general opinion here (i still appreciate it though!). It's just one of the things that really stuck in my head, I kept seeing myself wearing it and I like how it looks simple from afar but when you get close the material and feel is unique. Plus I think I'll get a lot of use out of it, I didn't really have a nice winter coat until this season (the wool dior one) and since that one is long I don't like to take it on long car rides, so I think a warm stylish shorter jacket will come in handy.

OK, this is it for F/W winter sales, must not buy anything till next season, must go repent...
          music

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Servo, I like the slouchies too. I usually prefer laceups, but on these it looks really cheap.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

Thanks for the comments, guys. Like I said, I know the leather looks a little cheap, but that's what you get for $100, and I'm pretty okay with that. Aesthetics over quality, at the moment, is the only way I'm ever going to be able to afford clothes at the moment.

I'm thinking that (if the shipping isn't terrible) I might get them both and then return one of them. How do you guys wear your slouchy boots / seen it done? The only way that I can see myself being able to pull it off is slim jeans tucked inside the boots.
              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• xcoldricex
                • Sep 2006

if you're not going for the slouchy ones but the regular combat ones- i'd probably get something off ebay instead. how much were those boots off zappo's that verb (i think?) got. i don't think hare is worth buying from japan with the markup. i don't know of any cheap alternatives for slouchy boots off the top of my head, so if you're set on those, go for it. if you're going to get a leather bag, i really wouldn't get a cheap one- it will probably rip and give out quickly and it will feel/look cheap - i'd rather have a better quality canvas/cotton bag over a cheap looking leather one.

i would not advise buying two and returning one. you're going to spend at least $60 in shipping (~$30 for EMS)....

Comment

• xcoldricex
                  • Sep 2006

aforementioned boots:

$149 shipped (return shipping free if you don't like them) @ zappo's

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                    • Nov 2006

I would say check out Bronx shoes on zappos if you go that way. They are all on sale for 25% off, Leather is very good quality for the money, I just got this pair yesterday and the pictures do not do it justice.

The leather is really awesome, the worn suede really looks badass in the light, the laces are also almost identical to the laces on my Undercover boots. The boot quality is not up their with my Varvatos, Undercover, or Fiorentini + Baker, but its really not far off.

Zipper is covered in the inside with leather. Downside, is the sole, synthetic sole, not surprising, but very comfortable. I would stay clear of the type Z brand shoes, I got them in the mail sent them back [gross leather, ugly], got these for $7 cheaper.... FAR better quality. I really like these boots [incase you couldnt tell] and I dont feel terrible wearing them everyday, giving them a little abuse. They also run true to size.

Comment

• xcoldricex
                      • Sep 2006

good deal. servo, get those instead of the hare's unless you must have slouchy boots...

they even have diaganol zips! haha.

Comment

• amojojo
                        • Oct 2006

Hmm, for $100-200 you actually should be able to get good leather. I wear my hundred dollar Danskos literally every day, and after five years the part that has gone bad first is the synthetic sole - the leather is still beautiful.

Agreed wtih the above; the Bronx women's shoes I've tried seem excellent!

Comment

• sbw4224
                          • Sep 2006

Great suggestion, Andrew. I'll be looking at those as well. Some of the models are pretty nice for the price!

Comment

• onemancult
                            • Dec 2006

I'll also vouch for the quality of Bronx shoes- the leather is suprisingly good and sturdy.
                            A friend of mine had a pair that she wears to this day, they're about two years old- she's re-soled them once with a better quality sole, but the rest of the shoe is in great condition.

Comment

• khiev
                              • Nov 2006

I don't know much about Neighborhood jeans in general except that they are targeted for street wear pple. These particular jeans were only one of the 100 produced in Japan. Personally I think they're overdone, and they would certainly clash with my wardrobe. I'm not exactly considering buying it for that price because I might as well get a 45rpm, but what do you guys think? Oh yeah, they also happen to be of the small and narrow type, which is quite rare on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120063555297&ssPa geName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

Comment

• djrajio
                                • Sep 2006

Buy it to flip it on some hypebeasts to make a profit, otherwise no.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎