Page 2 of 462 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes or No?

Default Re: Yes or No?

kinda funny, but also kinda corny. you could probably get a nicer card holder if you looked around..

Thanks for the suggestions Faust. I was thinking CDG too--have to go over there and take a look. I WISH I could do an Ann jacket, but I'm just too petite--even the 36 swims on me, and it's impossible to find 34.

I am in New York--how nice that you are as well. I saw the black Chalayan jacket at century and it was cheaper by a $100, but too big for me. [:(]

re: the cardholder--it's cute in a gimmicky way, but I don't think it's worth 50....maybe $35?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

[quote user="laika"]

Thanks for the suggestions Faust. I was thinking CDG too--have to go over there and take a look. I WISH I could do an Ann jacket, but I'm just too petite--even the 36 swims on me, and it's impossible to find 34.

I am in New York--how nice that you are as well. I saw the black Chalayan jacket at century and it was cheaper by a $100, but too big for me. [:(]

re: the cardholder--it's cute in a gimmicky way, but I don't think it's worth 50....maybe $35?

[/quote]

Yea, I'll pass on the cardholder. Can't throw yourself at every thing just because it's inexpensive. So great to see a fellow New Yorker with a REAL style! Bummer about the Chalyan jacket - hopefully you will get it on Yoox.com when it goes on sale.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I like it /\
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

This is Julius. SO YES! [:D]

By the way. Notice on the 2nd side picture the way they cut the vest at an elongated angle, such that the front is lightly longer. This is why I love Julius so much. The way the garment rests and flows when you walk in this cut is awesome. I've never seen a label that made such a unique and beautiful cut.

yes, i like it! How would you wear it?
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

[quote user="laika"]yes, i like it! How would you wear it?
    [/quote]
    Like this...also Julius...

Oooh, I love the leather one! DjRajio, have you check out Ann Demeulemeester's collections up close? A lot of her clothes is cut like that, especially older stuff.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

thanks djrajio! A definite yes for me then, i really like that.

maybe i'll go for the leather instead, seeing in that picture. its actually cheaper too haha... maybe both?! ah god. thanks rajiv.

Which CCP gloves? I'm leaning towards the kangaroo leather instead of the shearling...

...I think the "frozen" gloves may be a bit too pricey.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

I like the shearling better, cause they are WARM! I think they are freaky though...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I definitely prefer the leather--i think it articulates the shape better. Fantastic!

I love the creature-like quality.

Thanks for the opinions guys!

I ended up getting the leather ones in a 50 (ah, CCP sizing) since they are unlined. I'll just layer them with some thin cotton fingerless gloves. The shearling ones looked kinda neat but probably wouldn't have looked quite right with my monochromatic wardrobe.

Just to let everyone know, A has one last pair of the "frozen" black leather gloves as pictured on their website. In a 46 though. $650 is the price. That means it probably fits a small/Xsmall hand.

-A

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Thanks for the opinions guys!

I ended up getting the leather ones in a 50 (ah, CCP sizing) since they are unlined. I'll just layer them with some thin cotton fingerless gloves. The shearling ones looked kinda neat but probably wouldn't have looked quite right with my monochromatic wardrobe.

Just to let everyone know, A has one last pair of the "frozen" black leather gloves as pictured on their website. In a 46 though. $650 is the price. That means it probably fits a small/Xsmall hand.

-A

[/quote]

$650 - Jeebus [:'(]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Not the best picture in the world. Solid Black or Two tone creepers? I don't have a long jacket and not looking forward to buying anything that is 3/4 in length like a trench or peacoat. I'm simply planning to wear these with button ups, jumpers, and I have short jackets. Will check with the Guerilla store for the all black, as I haven't seen them yet. I have no idea what price these are, so if you guys know, it will also help me in my decision making. Many thanks!

I think they are around $500. Which guerilla store are you going to check? Which hemisphere are you in today? I liked the black on black, naturally. Usually CDG shoes is not their strength though.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I think they're too clunky looking (both of them). They make your feet look a lot larger than they are and the black pair has such a THICK sole!

I must say though, I was (and never will be) a fan of these shoes. Reminds me of swing dancers too much. I'm a bigger fan of slim silhouetted shoes/boots.

but if you really want one or the other... I agree with Faust. Black on black.

Thanks guys, I'm referring to the one in Chelsea, NY if that's still open. Last I was there was Spring 2005. Knowing how they move around, I was actually lucky enough to see the Guerilla store in HK last year before they closed, was a pain in the ass to get there, but that's reserved for another story. Yup these are clunky alright, I still don't know how they will look on my legs. If we're talking about creepers, I have seen some pointy ones from other labels, much slimmer, not as thick sole and easier to pull off. But I just want to check on these CDG babies. My heart is not yet set on these, and I would like to go more for that punk look rather than a 60's prom date, so maybe the all black if ever. Good to know on what people think![:)]