X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

maybe i'll go for the leather instead, seeing in that picture. its actually cheaper too haha... maybe both?! ah god. thanks rajiv.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Which CCP gloves? I'm leaning towards the kangaroo leather instead of the shearling...

...I think the "frozen" gloves may be a bit too pricey.

Hope to hear from you guys soon!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I like the shearling better, cause they are WARM! I think they are freaky though...
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

I definitely prefer the leather--i think it articulates the shape better. Fantastic!

I love the creature-like quality.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

Thanks for the opinions guys!

I ended up getting the leather ones in a 50 (ah, CCP sizing) since they are unlined. I'll just layer them with some thin cotton fingerless gloves. The shearling ones looked kinda neat but probably wouldn't have looked quite right with my monochromatic wardrobe.

Just to let everyone know, A has one last pair of the "frozen" black leather gloves as pictured on their website. In a 46 though. $650 is the price. That means it probably fits a small/Xsmall hand.

-A

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

Thanks for the opinions guys!

I ended up getting the leather ones in a 50 (ah, CCP sizing) since they are unlined. I'll just layer them with some thin cotton fingerless gloves. The shearling ones looked kinda neat but probably wouldn't have looked quite right with my monochromatic wardrobe.

Just to let everyone know, A has one last pair of the "frozen" black leather gloves as pictured on their website. In a 46 though. $650 is the price. That means it probably fits a small/Xsmall hand.

-A

[/quote]

$650 - Jeebus [:'(]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• darkanimal
                • Sep 2006

Not the best picture in the world. Solid Black or Two tone creepers? I don't have a long jacket and not looking forward to buying anything that is 3/4 in length like a trench or peacoat. I'm simply planning to wear these with button ups, jumpers, and I have short jackets. Will check with the Guerilla store for the all black, as I haven't seen them yet. I have no idea what price these are, so if you guys know, it will also help me in my decision making. Many thanks!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I think they are around $500. Which guerilla store are you going to check? Which hemisphere are you in today? I liked the black on black, naturally. Usually CDG shoes is not their strength though.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

I think they're too clunky looking (both of them). They make your feet look a lot larger than they are and the black pair has such a THICK sole!

I must say though, I was (and never will be) a fan of these shoes. Reminds me of swing dancers too much. I'm a bigger fan of slim silhouetted shoes/boots.

but if you really want one or the other... I agree with Faust. Black on black.

Comment

• darkanimal
                      • Sep 2006

Thanks guys, I'm referring to the one in Chelsea, NY if that's still open. Last I was there was Spring 2005. Knowing how they move around, I was actually lucky enough to see the Guerilla store in HK last year before they closed, was a pain in the ass to get there, but that's reserved for another story. Yup these are clunky alright, I still don't know how they will look on my legs. If we're talking about creepers, I have seen some pointy ones from other labels, much slimmer, not as thick sole and easier to pull off. But I just want to check on these CDG babies. My heart is not yet set on these, and I would like to go more for that punk look rather than a 60's prom date, so maybe the all black if ever. Good to know on what people think![:)]

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="darkanimal"]Thanks guys, I'm referring to the one in Chelsea, NY if that's still open. Last I was there was Spring 2005. Knowing how they move around, I was actually lucky enough to see the Guerilla store in HK last year before they closed, was a pain in the ass to get there, but that's reserved for another story. Yup these are clunky alright, I still don't know how they will look on my legs. If we're talking about creepers, I have seen some pointy ones from other labels, much slimmer, not as thick sole and easier to pull off. But I just want to check on these CDG babies. My heart is not yet set on these, and I would like to go more for that punk look rather than a 60's prom date, so maybe the all black if ever. Good to know on what people think![:)]
                        [/quote]

Oh, that's a flagship store! That will not close.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

hmmmm.....unless you have *really* skinny legs, i don't think the clunkiness is a problem. And if you are going for punk, then the shoes must be clunky! I say yes to the all black (the black and white are a little too dandy for me).

I like a sleek/slim silhouette with big shoes. Just watch out for clown-foot, which can be a problem if the front of the shoe is wide and round. Or if your feet are really big. [:P]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• darkanimal
                            • Sep 2006

Yeah I have skinny legs and always wear black pants, the upside is I have a small shoe size. But I never have any lo cut shoes, a problem whenever I have formal occassions to attend. I just called the CDG store and said they sold out of my size plus the fact they go for $780 [:O] That would make me think twice then before blowing out my cash for something that can end up as impulsive. We'll see, I'll just have to sleep on it.

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

Forest print top by Alexandre Herchcovitch

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I am tending towars no based on the pictures. It looks a bit matronly. However, the print might look very different in person - not sure.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎