Page 3 of 462 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes or No?

Default Re: Yes or No?

[quote user="darkanimal"]Thanks guys, I'm referring to the one in Chelsea, NY if that's still open. Last I was there was Spring 2005. Knowing how they move around, I was actually lucky enough to see the Guerilla store in HK last year before they closed, was a pain in the ass to get there, but that's reserved for another story. Yup these are clunky alright, I still don't know how they will look on my legs. If we're talking about creepers, I have seen some pointy ones from other labels, much slimmer, not as thick sole and easier to pull off. But I just want to check on these CDG babies. My heart is not yet set on these, and I would like to go more for that punk look rather than a 60's prom date, so maybe the all black if ever. Good to know on what people think![:)]
    [/quote]

Oh, that's a flagship store! That will not close.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

hmmmm.....unless you have *really* skinny legs, i don't think the clunkiness is a problem. And if you are going for punk, then the shoes must be clunky! I say yes to the all black (the black and white are a little too dandy for me).

I like a sleek/slim silhouette with big shoes. Just watch out for clown-foot, which can be a problem if the front of the shoe is wide and round. Or if your feet are really big. [:P]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Yeah I have skinny legs and always wear black pants, the upside is I have a small shoe size. But I never have any lo cut shoes, a problem whenever I have formal occassions to attend. I just called the CDG store and said they sold out of my size plus the fact they go for $780 [:O] That would make me think twice then before blowing out my cash for something that can end up as impulsive. We'll see, I'll just have to sleep on it.

Forest print top by Alexandre Herchcovitch

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

I am tending towars no based on the pictures. It looks a bit matronly. However, the print might look very different in person - not sure.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

agreed, looks very matronly.

which one, or none?

OR

None. But that's because I have a strict no skulls/crossbones policy nowadays. Haha.

[quote user="xcoldricex"]

agreed, looks very matronly.

which one, or none?

OR

[/quote]

I'd say none because, like DJRajio, I'm quite tired of skull/old keys. You do have your own style that could incorporate both successfully without looking like a poseur though, so I'd say it just depends on which color of jewelry (black or silver) you want to match it with. Maybe I'd take the feathers since from what I remember you got other stuff with native themes.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

I'd say no unless you already know what you'll wear it with and it's something that offsets the granny vibe.

good deal. that just forces me to find something better :) thanks for the input guys.

I don't mind the black one, depending on how you wear it (I probably would try to work something with a bag, rather than with clothes, put it around the handles or something like that). It's borderline discreet. A definite no on the silver one.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Thanks guys. I actually like the print--it's forest not flowers. But the styles are kind of dull, and I fear the matronly vibe as well--eek!

coldrice, it's a no for me. [:(] I'm really anti-skulls these days.

[quote user="laika"]

Thanks guys. I actually like the print--it's forest not flowers. But the styles are kind of dull, and I fear the matronly vibe as well--eek!

coldrice, it's a no for me. [:(] I'm really anti-skulls these days.

[/quote]

Skulls have been emasculated. Even Rick Owens said so - and he is authority on skulls [;)]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

[quote user="laika"]

Forest print top by Alexandre Herchcovitch

[/quote]

I'm drawn more to the first photo just so because it's fall season, and I'm very influenced with my choices based on the current climate. If you asked me summertime, I would pick the second. Both are great, tho there is more versatily wearing the black one (layering and all). I couldn't think of other ways to wear the 2nd other than necklaces on top of it. Either way you can't go wrong, just have a killer footwear.

Laika, I think the neckline on the black one is kind of sexy actually. And the print is very pretty.

thanks dontbecruel and and darkanimal!....i agree that the print looks lovely. I'm going to see if Opening Ceremony has it so I can check it out in person. The styles don't look so great on the mannequins, but Herchcovitch always cuts really well, so i am anticipating it will look better on a real person.

Also, I wear a lot ( i mean A LOT) of black, so i think that may offset any granny vibe that may be present.

Still looking for a small wallet. What do you think of this one? Say my cost would not exceed $120 after jumping through some hoops? Trustworthy seller, I got my rick owens jacket from him. The only think that is a litte turn off are the two creases inside the wallet seen in the last picture.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I know I'm being nitpicky here but aren't you a "I wear loads of black especially leather" kind of person? Wouldn't a black wallet fit you more, especially considering you'll be having it with you all the time and for a few years. Personnally I like the cheap stuff sold by ex-cons but that's because my grandfather once bought one for me when I was a kid from some newly rehabilitated guy that was passing by so they bring back fond memories.

I quite like it but what does the monogram signify?

[quote user="Fuuma"]I know I'm being nitpicky here but aren't you a "I wear loads of black especially leather" kind of person? Wouldn't a black wallet fit you more, especially considering you'll be having it with you all the time and for a few years. Personnally I like the cheap stuff sold by ex-cons but that's because my grandfather once bought one for me when I was a kid from some newly rehabilitated guy that was passing by so they bring back fond memories.[/quote]

I like brown as well. My current small wallet is of that color. Dontbecruel, I guess the "M" is for Margiela, but who knows.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine