X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oskar
    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Dane View Post
    Thanks guys...it's so frustrating when companies are so inconsistent with their sizing.
    blame the material ! my experience tells me that it is not always the patterns fault, but most likely the material itself . different leather stretch/shrink differently with treatments etc etc, you get the point . but yeah i understand your frustration!

Comment

• Dane
      HAMMERTIME
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by oskar View Post
      blame the material ! my experience tells me that it is not always the patterns fault, but most likely the material itself . different leather stretch/shrink differently with treatments etc etc, you get the point . but yeah i understand your frustration!
      Then they should relabel before sending to stores! This was marked as a 2, but is clearly a 3 at least.

I'll continue to blame the company...wasn't the goat's fault.
      i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Nikov
        • Nov 2008

i think it's a problem with the pattern, actually. they used to make the jut necks with raglan shoulders. have no idea why they decided to switch for this iteration. never tried it on, but i heard that that particular jacket, even in your correct size, still fits rather boxy.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Not sure what happened, but my friend tried it on, and he's a 40 and it fit, but rather snug, like a Julius spring/summer fit. I think it would fit a 38 perfectly if they wanted to layer.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

I had a sz1 for a minute and I thought that was too big and long for me and I'm a slim 46. Julius's sizing has changed on their leathers. Love that black goat though, the blackest leather I've seen from Julius. I think if you were taller it would probably work better, for this jacket.

Comment

• marc1975
              • Dec 2010

Too small?

Received a package from Yoox today with a light, unlined wool jacket from Aviatic in size L. There is also a size XL available, which I unfortunately didn't order... now I am not sure whether the jacket is too small...

What do you think? Don't worry about the sleeves - these can be shortened. I am not sure as there are wrinkles around the armholes when the jacket is open, and as it's forming lots of wrinkles when closed in the back...

Send back and order an XL or keep it ?
              I want to have a slim fitting jacket, but it shouldn't look like I didn't have the money to buy the right size...

Comment

• franz
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by marc1975 View Post
                Received a package from Yoox today with a light, unlined wool jacket from Aviatic in size L. There is also a size XL available, which I unfortunately didn't order... now I am not sure whether the jacket is too small...

What do you think? Don't worry about the sleeves - these can be shortened. I am not sure as there are wrinkles around the armholes when the jacket is open, and as it's forming lots of wrinkles when closed in the back...

Send back and order an XL or keep it ?
                I want to have a slim fitting jacket, but it shouldn't look like I didn't have the money to buy the right size...

Looks too small to me.
                Btw, when possible, I always buy Each item in 2 sizes on Yoox, just to make sure. That what free return shipping is for!!!
                Originally posted by Faust
                True story. Dude walks into Hostem, looks around, says, "I like how you took this whole All Saints thing and ran with it."

Comment

• marc1975
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by franz View Post
                  Looks too small to me.
                  Btw, when possible, I always buy Each item in 2 sizes on Yoox, just to make sure. That what free return shipping is for!!!
                  Thanks for the confirmation. I had ordered size "M" and "L", as they stated e.g. "M - international size". In some other designers, I am "M"... I should have ordered all three sizes...

Comment

• swrecked
                    • Sep 2011

Anybody have the ma+ f/w 2011 heavy jersey zipped leg pant, as seen here:

The smallest size I've seen is 46, and I'm concerned the waist might be a bit too big for me. My waist is 30. Anyone out there who has these and altered them in the waist or length (there's a full length zipper). Any comments on how they have fit or look on.
                    Last edited by swrecked; 10-13-2011, 09:16 AM.

Comment

• kuugaia
                      • Feb 2010

^ It's hard to help you out when nobody knows your actual waist size? The Atelier guys are really nice anyway, so just give them an email and ask for measurements.

I generally wouldn't drop any money on MA+ clothing without trying it on first...it's prone to be ill-fitting.

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

i think the waist runs a little big but i also think there is a layer underneath which accounts for some of it and i also think u want to wear these low on ur hips with a little sag.

whachoo talking bout ill fitting? sizing can vary somewhat but i wouldn't call it ill fitting. maybe not what u expect, not traditional, even a little awkward with the sleeves etc., but it is as intended. not ill fitting. i have quite a bit of grandma all purchased online.
                        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

the heavy jersey on those is nice and substantial. the sizing is quite true to size or slightly big. I'm a slim 50 and 48 worked for me.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kuugaia
                            • Feb 2010

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                            i think the waist runs a little big but i also think there is a layer underneath which accounts for some of it and i also think u want to wear these low on ur hips with a little sag.

whachoo talking bout ill fitting? sizing can vary somewhat but i wouldn't call it ill fitting. maybe not what u expect, not traditional, even a little awkward with the sleeves etc., but it is as intended. not ill fitting. i have quite a bit of grandma all purchased online.
                            Whoaa settle down fella haha! I'm a grandma kopper of all sorts too but what I meant was that it's very hit and miss with MA+. Like you said, the unconventional and intentional awkwardness of the tailoring makes it one of the more difficult labels to kop online (imo). For example, I tried on the FW11 buffalo leather aviator and the sizes never fit me well (both 46 and 48), but the moment I slipped on the 46 cotton aviator...perfection. What up? Sometimes just the material that Amadei chooses to use can totally mess with the fit of the same item. Hence (stating the obvious) I say its better to try before you buy. :)

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

lol was supposed to be read in arnold's "whachoo talkin bout willis?" voice. supposed to be more funny than confrontational. but yeah after i posted that i started to remember the times when i have been disappointed by a grandma fit. seems i had recalled only my successes and not my failures. like a 54 fitting smaller than a 52. armholes too narrow to fit my whole arm into. tight shoulders + wide body. yeah it happens. for sure it is better to try before you buy when u can
                              dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• michael_kard
                                • Oct 2010

I'd go for the KVA ones.
                                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎