Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • several_girls
    • Nov 2010

Thanks for the thoughts everyone. I personally love the way they look, especially how they (if not something terribly similar) were styled with the skirts for S/S 2012. Something about the proportion is a breath of fresh air from the traditional straight silhouette or bulky/layered top with tapering bottoms. There's a tinge of retro-futurism in some of Rick's design alongside the punk, goth and athletic elements. I've seen similar design in Fujiwara, Pugh and Juun J and it can get pretty cheesy, too. We've all seen that pic of those guys wearing l'incognitos and latex pants, I'm guessing.

Comment

• mrbeuys
      • May 2008

^ This
      Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Shucks
        • Aug 2010

yeah. it's not rocket science, is it?

Comment

• aussy
          • Jul 2011

Originally posted by Eternal
          act like you don't care
          where can I purchase this attitude?

Comment

• Lane
            • Aug 2010

I think with anything you just have to wear it and it grows on you. Plus, I think pictures make things seem more extravagant than they do in real life for some reason. I've had trouble making decisions to buy items because of this, and im glad I just took a chance because once I put the item on it dispelled any fear about "pulling it off," etc

Comment

• aussy
              • Jul 2011

I do like the Gundam-esque shape of them ;)

Comment

• several_girls
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Eternal
                If you want to wear them, then do so.
                Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                ^ This
                Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                yeah. it's not rocket science, is it?
                I think my question got misinterpreted somewhere down the line. It wasn't "How can I wear these?" nor was it "Should I buy these?"

I was looking for some thoughts and opinions on the design.

Comment

• nictan
                  • Jul 2009

Am looking for some sort of snow mountain jacket, for ski-ing/snowboarding and the likes. So preferably something waterproof/goretex/tech fabric etc.

Been scouring yahoo for junya/UC/visvim.

Came across this.

Y/N? If no. need some suggestionssssssss

Has anyone handled this? What are the little flappy things on the arms and chest? Pockets?

Last edited by nictan; 10-19-2011, 08:50 PM. Reason: spellingggg

Comment

• tigo
                    • May 2009

If you're getting a jacket solely for riding, I wouldn't look into the labels you've listed. For the purpose I think it'll be too expensive; things can get rough on the mountains, so there's bound to be rips and such, unless you don't care for that.

I suggest you look at some clearance deals at ski/snowboard shops and websites, and go for flashy colourful stuff; on the mountain, shades of black and grey are really really boring. You'd wish you're the dude in the neon orange jacket, first for visibility, and second for the mountain steeze

Also, a lined shell, together with layers, should be enough.

Comment

• kuugaia
                      • Feb 2010

Originally posted by tigo View Post
                      If you're getting a jacket solely for riding, I wouldn't look into the labels you've listed. For the purpose I think it'll be too expensive; things can get rough on the mountains, so there's bound to be rips and such, unless you don't care for that.

I suggest you look at some clearance deals at ski/snowboard shops and websites, and go for flashy colourful stuff; on the mountain, shades of black and grey are really really boring. You'd wish you're the dude in the neon orange jacket, first for visibility, and second for the mountain steeze
                      ^Agreed. I'm actually looking at getting some snowboarding apparel too, but definitely some with good waterproofing and some breathability. Comfort and functionality is definitely a first.

Snowboaridng steez. Hawt.

Comment

• nictan
                        • Jul 2009

thanks tigo. any websites to recommend? one that ships internationally.

eternal: will check out my local volcom retailers. but seriously doubt they stock winter clothing in singapore. any websites that ships internationally to recommend? I saw a brand called Norrona as well. are those good?

Comment

• tigo
                          • May 2009

There's a lot of online stores, ones I used to check for my gear are:

evo is an outdoor experiences company specializing in ski, snowboard, mountain bike, skate and surf sales, rentals, service, lodging and travel.

...and loads more, pm me if you want more, I have a whole bookmarks folder :p

These ones are all from the States, they should ship international, but even if they don't, you can sign up for a postal box proxy-service thing. Ie you sign up, you get your own US "address" where you can ship out stuff, they charge a small fee per item, and ship it out to you.

Again, pm me for details if you're interested, don't want to clutter the thread.

Comment

• KM80
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by tigo View Post

Also, a lined shell, together with layers, should be enough.
                            I never want to be that dude! I go all black and I like the Holden stuff I found a couple years ago. slimmer fitting than I have ever been able to find snowboard gear that wasn't for ladies. I was getting really sick of snowboard clothes in size small fitting like XL.

And I'd try to find a jacket pants that match and can zip together, and just rock a one piece jumpsuit underneath, will keep you warmer if there's no gaps in the gear and you wont get snow inside if you bail in powder!

Comment

• swrecked
                              • Sep 2011

Anyone got the Augusta cordovan lace up boot, as seen here:

Wondering how comfortable the cordovan is and how big the toe section looks in person. It doesn't seem as big as some of the other Augusta boots I've seen in pictures.

Comment

• nictan
                                • Jul 2009

haha yea me neither. I'm not a fan of bright colors, thanks for the suggestion. i'll check out holden as well. :)

Originally posted by KM80 View Post
                                I never want to be that dude! I go all black and I like the Holden stuff I found a couple years ago. slimmer fitting than I have ever been able to find snowboard gear that wasn't for ladies. I was getting really sick of snowboard clothes in size small fitting like XL.

And I'd try to find a jacket pants that match and can zip together, and just rock a one piece jumpsuit underneath, will keep you warmer if there's no gaps in the gear and you wont get snow inside if you bail in powder!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎