• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Umami
    • Sep 2010

Originally posted by swrecked View Post
    Anyone got the Augusta cordovan lace up boot, as seen here:

Wondering how comfortable the cordovan is and how big the toe section looks in person. It doesn't seem as big as some of the other Augusta boots I've seen in pictures.
    MINE IS VERY SOFT AND FIT ONE SIZE SMALLER

Comment

• zxc4030
      • Aug 2009

Mollino vs Scuba
      This is more like this or that question..
      I'm about to pull the trigger for my first leather jacket and I decided to choose from these two.
      What I like about the scuba is that it has full asymmetric zip style except hood.. on the other hand, Mollino has less-asymmetrical zip but it doesn't have hood, which I like..
      Which one would you choose between two?

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Mollino IMO
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

Mollino.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• docus
            • Dec 2010

Mollino for me as well.

Comment

• Lane
              • Aug 2010

if blistered lamb then get scuba..

otherwise Mollino, you can't go wrong since the asymmetric design is simple yet gives it an interesting design. Worn open Mollino looks best. 3/4 zipped they both look good. Closed I think mollino wins out 100%..lol

I think the hood isn't that great an addition man. However, I think just simply asking, and doing what a majority thinks is good for you is the wrong route to take. Just sleep on it and decide. Or get both, solves the problem easily :D

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

depends on mollino, those combos are terrible

Comment

• CUTUP
                  • Sep 2009

If its your first high end leather, go with the mollino ( hopefully oiled calf)

I would suggest a more straight forward and clean design if this will be your primary piece. I own a blistered scuba and get loads of compliments when its worn due to how unique it is, but I have a safari and a stooges as my basic go to's.

And if the choice were mine, I would get the most basic and inconspicuos jacket first, you can always get something more funky later on
                  Originally posted by marco-von
                  this all hurts my brain more than child birth hurts vagina's.

Comment

• swrecked
                    • Sep 2011

I totally agree with CUTUP on this. If its your first, go with a clean design that ages well with time.

Comment

• Musashi
                      • Dec 2008

Black Sole vs. White Sole

Hated to have to ask, but speaking of Rick firsts, them senakers. What'd be a better starting point, black soled or white?

I'm not sure if I attribute it to several years of catholic school education, but the black on black has this tendency to appear a bit school boy for me.

I'm about 3 Rick bottoms deep, and I'm trying to decide whether I should invest more in garment then actual footwear. They've a tendency not to play nice with others.

Comment

• Crowzer
                        • Feb 2011

Not plan to buy but what do you think about this leather ?

@Musashi. IMO I really prefer white sole but depend or the rest of the shoes.

Comment

• bonejelly
                          • Jul 2008

I'm not a huge fan of the rubbery feel of the oiled leather on that particular boris jacket. looks pretty great though. have you had a chance to check it out in person?

Comment

• messenoire
                            • Nov 2009

i like that jacket! it reminds me of obscur a bit. have you checked obscur this season? i prefer obscur pricing over bbs any day as well!

Comment

• swrecked
                              • Sep 2011

I have this jacket. Its simple, clean, and slim-fitted. I really like the high collar, which looks good up or down.

Comment

• Laconic
                                • Apr 2009

That BBS jacket is really solid. I quite liked the leather, which, I imagine, would fit beautifully with some wear. I'm typically a small/46 and the M fit me very snugly with a sweater underneath. Apparently sizing on the outerwear is running very slim. The lining is neat too--cut very close to the body, especially on the sleeves. Like the rest of Boris' jackets that have similar shoulder construction, it's probably best to try this one on, as it can fit awkwardly in that area if you don't have the right body type. Probably evident from the pictures, but the placket doesn't really stay down, kind of useless if you don't want the zipper exposed.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎