• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by volta View Post
    are you even trying anymore?
    I'm sorry volta, I should have understood that it's time to give up.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• aussy
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by swrecked View Post
      That's a nice jacket. I personally think it could do without the button in the front. I really like the frayed edges, hem lines, and elbow patches. Second on the fit pic if you get it.
      Agreed, but more so the button strap on the back. Feels superfluous in an unthoughtful way, just tacked on.

Comment

• cowsareforeating
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by aussy View Post
        Agreed, but more so the button strap on the back. Feels superfluous in an unthoughtful way, just tacked on.
        yes but i think it fits quite well with takahiro is trying to do given that he has never been one for complete minimalism and doesn't necessarily subscribe to the "only functional embellishment" sentiment

Comment

• copacetic
          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
          I'm sorry volta, I should have understood that it's time to give up.
          i think this is colloquially called a "red flag".

http://www.medicinenet.com/suicide/page4.htm#signs ?
          And "When the prince has gathered about him
          "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• messenoire
            • Nov 2009

michael, i think the cut of the jacket is fine but the fabric looks like a cashmere + terrycloth blend. i'd go with no. there's a sleu of designers who do very similar things to this in better fabric choices. i'd keep looking.

Comment

• liuhan610032
              • Sep 2011

Looks gorgeous, just get it

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
              Soloist CPO jacket?? Purple suede elbow patches are pretty rad

Comment

• Oasis
                • Apr 2011

Not really yes or no, more this or that?

Been on the lookout for boots and narrowed it down to two pairs I like that I can stretch my budget too..

Augusta Split Lama Boots or CCP Hockeyes..

I'm aware both are different in style but I like both. Would be nice to hear from anyone who owns/owned either as to what they liked or didn't like about them. I feel the Augusta will be more solid and will last longer and these would be my 'go to' boots but I'm still unsure..
                Originally posted by christianef
                u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• zamb
                  • Nov 2006

depends on your needs

if you are getting a 'structured" hockeyes then its certainly a go.
                  i had the collapsible version and i sold them. I love the look of the hockeyes, but i cannot wear boots that are not structured

Augustas are nice, and sturdy if that's your thing theb certainly. I have a pair of Augusta derbies now and I really like them a lot.

better to put up visuals of both boots for better response

Originally posted by Oasis View Post
                  Not really yes or no, more this or that?

Been on the lookout for boots and narrowed it down to two pairs I like that I can stretch my budget too..

Augusta Split Lama Boots or CCP Hockeyes..

I'm aware both are different in style but I like both. Would be nice to hear from anyone who owns/owned either as to what they liked or didn't like about them. I feel the Augusta will be more solid and will last longer and these would be my 'go to' boots but I'm still unsure..
                  “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                  .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
                    • Apr 2011

Julius boots worth the price?

Im in the market for some sweet beat up/vintage style boots and came across these. what do yall think? yay or nay?

H.Lorenzo brings a diverse aesthetic to the high-end retail industry showcasing emerging designers from around the world.

H.Lorenzo brings a diverse aesthetic to the high-end retail industry showcasing emerging designers from around the world.

Comment

• DHC
                      • Jul 2007

Maybe a bit late Nicelynice, but I would pass on that jacket. There are very nice details like the fabric running the bias from the angled shoulder seam and the linear continuity of this detail found at the hem. I am actually a fan of tailed shirt hems on outerwear and it really works here for the reasons stated. The back strap isn't entirely bad either. It seems to show as a translation of lines found in some personally significant or favored architectural structure. However, the cuffed sleeves with the straps sitting just above it just kills it for me..and the buttoned flap chest pocket isn't helping either.
                      Originally posted by Faust
                      fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Oasis
                        • Apr 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                        depends on your needs

if you are getting a 'structured" hockeyes then its certainly a go.
                        i had the collapsible version and i sold them. I love the look of the hockeyes, but i cannot wear boots that are not structured

Augustas are nice, and sturdy if that's your thing theb certainly. I have a pair of Augusta derbies now and I really like them a lot.

better to put up visuals of both boots for better response
                        Funny you should reply, an old fit pic of yours re-kindled my interest in the hockeyes!

Yeah, the structure is an issue I've considered and it is the 'unstructured' version I have been eyeing up.. The hockeyes are also brown. The grey of the Augustas is probably a more forgiving colour for a 'go to' boot. Will work easier with a wider variety of things.

Definately leaning towards Augusta, maybe pick the CCP up at a later date, but still CCP is alluring...

Pics for viewing pleasure:

Augusta

CCP

Comment

• DHC
                          • Jul 2007

As much of an eyesore as the elastic bands are to me, the Augusta pulls would get a lot more wear, if you're looking for a "go to" pair of boots.
                          Originally posted by Faust
                          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• zamb
                            • Nov 2006

those are exactly the ones i had, and they are ore versatile and nicer in real life than you think.............at least for me anyways because i can easily pair a lighter color shoes with darker clothing and make it work. I've often thought about buying them back, but know I'd have the same problem that made me sell them in the first place.

I wad a damn idiot to not buy Joey's when he was selling the black structured ones........(owner who has them, holla if you hear mi!)

Anyways, I have enough CCP boots/ shoes anyways.
                            If someone has a seven hole carpes in 41 you know who to link
                            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Oasis
                              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                              As much of an eyesore as the elastic bands are to me, the Augusta pulls would get a lot more wear, if you're looking for a "go to" pair of boots.
                              Yeah, I'm not really a fan of the contrasting elastic. Was thinking about maybe buying them then dying them black (so they ended up similar to the ones seen here: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/AUGUSTA-ADICI...item3a6bcfb526)

That does however require me to find a cobbler I'd be confident in letting dye $1000 boots.

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                              those are exactly the ones i had, and they are ore versatile and nicer in real life than you think.............at least for me anyways because i can easily pair a lighter color shoes with darker clothing and make it work. I've often thought about buying them back, but know I'd have the same problem that made me sell them in the first place.

I wad a damn idiot to not buy Joey's when he was selling the black structured ones........(owner who has them, holla if you hear mi!)

Anyways, I have enough CCP boots/ shoes anyways.
                              If someone has a seven hole carpes in 41 you know who to link
                              Why couldn't you just have told me the Augusta's were better!?

Comment

• swrecked
                                • Sep 2011

I considered both of these boots recently as well. I really like the look of the hockeyes, but am a bit unsure about the color. For me, that color is harder to wear than a grey, black, or dark brown. I didn't realize there was a structured and unstructured version.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎