X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cowsareforeating
    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by swrecked View Post
    I considered both of these boots recently as well. I really like the look of the hockeyes, but am a bit unsure about the color. For me, that color is harder to wear than a grey, black, or dark brown. I didn't realize there was a structured and unstructured version.
    Get the lamas,
    The hockeyes are only easily worn in the black structured version, or if you have a very good wardrobe color palette like zb's or mbds..

Comment

• ChrisL
      • Oct 2009

I like to toe box better on the augusta's. And as far as color goes the augusta's are better, and if you can find a cobbler that you really trust, it shouldn't be a problem dying the shoes, but i would think twice before I buy a pair of shoes for $1000+ just to dye them to another color.

Comment

• droussin
        • Oct 2011

I was thinking about getting these but i really dont care for doc martens but am sort of in love with the finish of the shoe. Its less generic than patent leather tends to be and i do think the overall color is less cheap looking than docs tend to be. and they could work with an overall slim suited look (which i wear often)
        what is black?
        an absence, a presence, a mood, a mantle.
        -Martin Margiela

Comment

• luke
          • Mar 2011

@droussin, go for it! i've seen them a few times around london and everytime i think they look great.

Comment

• kuugaia
            • Feb 2010

^^ I think those shoes have an identity crisis. The soles look like work boot soles (thick and heavy). The top design looks like a formal shoe (conventional). The finish on the leather looks like...well...horrible. No dice for me, but that's just me. If you like it and know how to wear it...go for it. I'm not sure in which situation would you wear a suit with those though?

But then again, I keep suiting up for the formal occasions.

Comment

• luke
              • Mar 2011

i think they would look great if you wanted to look like you stepped out of neuromancer.

Comment

• Creep
                • Oct 2011

yes or no. pair of Silent SS10 kicks for school? i usually wear earth tones/black, wondering if these go w rick tops. i just need a cheap pair of kicks i can fuck up without worrying about anything. LInk for pics here : http://hypebeast.com/2010/06/silent-...ction-astilbe/

thinking about the one in beige, black's boring.
                hip hop died with biggie and pac.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Creep View Post
                  yes or no. pair of Silent SS10 kicks for school? i usually wear earth tones/black, wondering if these go w rick tops. i just need a cheap pair of kicks i can fuck up without worrying about anything. LInk for pics here : http://hypebeast.com/2010/06/silent-...ction-astilbe/

thinking about the one in beige, black's boring.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• shah
                    • Jul 2009

if you can find the black one in leather let me know...

Comment

• droussin
                      • Oct 2011

Originally posted by kuugaia View Post
                      ^^ I think those shoes have an identity crisis. The soles look like work boot soles (thick and heavy). The top design looks like a formal shoe (conventional). The finish on the leather looks like...well...horrible. No dice for me, but that's just me. If you like it and know how to wear it...go for it. I'm not sure in which situation would you wear a suit with those though?

But then again, I keep suiting up for the formal occasions.

Yeah see there's the problem im having. The sole is really the issue, but its sort of just the standard doc sole (which i am against) and thats why im sort of torn about wearing them because they fit in rather awkwardly into my wardrobe. and i guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the finish hahaha.

oh and to Luke stepping out of nueromancer never seemed like a bad thing to me
                      what is black?
                      -Martin Margiela

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by droussin View Post
                        Yeah see there's the problem im having. The sole is really the issue, but its sort of just the standard doc sole (which i am against) and thats why im sort of torn about wearing them because they fit in rather awkwardly into my wardrobe. and i guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the finish hahaha.

oh and to Luke stepping out of nueromancer never seemed like a bad thing to me
                        Please don't buy those.
                        i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• michael_kard
                          • Oct 2010

If it wasn't for the chrome finish I think noone would have a problem with these. They scream London to me, which is never a good thing.
                          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Dane
                            HAMMERTIME
                            • Feb 2011

I'm okay with Dr. Martens, but those are just hokey and will probably only get worn once or twice, and the quality ain't what it used to be. I'd personally save the cash and invest in something else.

Comment

• swrecked
                              • Sep 2011

I wholeheartedly agree. Spend your money on something else.

Originally posted by Dane View Post
                              Please don't buy those.

Comment

• droussin
                                • Oct 2011

well then i will follow that advice and say no. ill save that cash for shoes that bring about less scorn hahahaha. thanks guys
                                what is black?
                                -Martin Margiela

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎