• Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yohji top

[quote user="merz"]

by jove, yes.

[/quote]

2nd. If I had the money, I would.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Buckwheat
      • Sep 2006

that's a sweet top Laika. Is it rayon?

Faust - you can get the darkshadow hoodie (if you are still interested)for $200 at Pollyanna now. (take out VAT and add shipping it's $200)

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Buckwheat"]

Faust - you can get the darkshadow hoodie (if you are still interested)for $200 at Pollyanna now. (take out VAT and add shipping it's $200)

[/quote]

Yea, I saw that - might tempting, dammit...

StyleZeitgeist - Would you vote for the hoodie or for Cloak black selvege jeans?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

I would say the jeans, but I guess that would also depend on the jeans you already have. Both are fine choices though.

So shipping is free on F/W items? I have something in my cart on LVR but it's still showing the 50euro shipping charge. If it was free, I would order immediately (as I can save close to $100), but if not, it comes out to about the same price as here in the states. Anyone know more about this...??
          "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Buckwheat
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Buckwheat"]

[/quote]

Yea, I saw that - might tempting, dammit...

StyleZeitgeist - Would you vote for the hoodie or for Cloak black selvege jeans?

[/quote]

I thought you said you can't get your leg through Cloak jeans? [:D]

The hoodie will give u more breathing room (that if you are not trying to kill yourself with it completely zipped :)

The bondage and raw edge on the hoodie is a nice touch.

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

Faust, is that a yes? I mean, do you really like it, like, a lot? [:D]

I am determined to get exactly what I like and need (within my financial constraints) this season. I'm trying to avoid ending up with less than perfect items on sale, and aiming to buy only things that are exactly right, even if I have to pay more and have much less. Hence my contemplation of this full price top, which I might not have considered otherwise.

Cas, just email LVR and ask them. They advertise free international shipping, so I see absolutely no reason why the shipping should not be free. Perhaps they correct the charge after the sale?

Buckwheat, it's wool blended with polyamide. Does that make it rayon? [:^)]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Thanks Laika. Figures I skip the flash on the start page that advertises the free shipping....lol. I'm too quick to get to the collection pages.

Laika- I'm with you on the buying strategy. I started doing this for Spring (with a few hiccups, but hey, we're human) and I feel much more fullfilled with my purchases.

Comment

• laika
                  • Sep 2006

^lol, I know what you mean.

I think the buying strategy is a good one, and it's nice to know someone else is doing it too! It takes a lot of will power, but if you tell yourself you won't buy unless something is 100% perfect (and know exactly what perfection means for you) your choices actually narrow down automatically. I've fooled myself into thinking that I've been doing this all along, but it's actually something rather new for me.

Can't afford hiccups at these prices though, gulp. [:S]

btw, i emailed them to ask about the shipping--i'll post when i hear back.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Thanks Laika, and please update us here about the shipping, I'm dying to know.

And I always thought I was doing it too, but I when I started looking through my closet and noticing clothes I haven't yet worn, I knew something was wrong. heheh. My real only surprise buys were during sale season, everything else was pretty much planned. I know this may sound rather nerdy, but I like to type everything out when the season starts, basically a list of what my wardrobe needs and what items will fill that need. I find, that for myself, this will keep me from buying items I 'like' rather than 'love'.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Faust, is that a yes? I mean, do you really like it, like, a lot? [:D] [/quote]

Well, it wasn't exactly a yes. It was more like, "If I saw you in this I'd follow you home and worship you for the rest of my life."

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

awww, Faust, I'd be honored to have you follow me home. [;)]

Thanks very much for the opinions, all.

Comment

• matthewhk
                          • Jan 2007

yes, laika. that's an elegant top and i can see it working on you very well.

Comment

• sam_tem
                            • Apr 2007

cloak pants

anyone familiar with these old cloak pants?

seem interesting without going too farbut i'm just not sure if they could be easily pulled off in the real world

Comment

• Servo2000
                              • Oct 2006

Re: cloak pants

[quote user="sam_tem"]

anyone familiar with these old cloak pants?

seem interesting without going too far but i'm just not sure if they could be easily pulled off in the real world

[/quote]

The "non-runway" world makes a little more sense than "the real world," haha
                              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• laika
                                • Sep 2006

Re: cloak pants

This is probably irrelevant, since the free shipping period is over, but I finally heard back from LVR, and they assured me that no shipping would be charged at the time the order is shipped.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎