Page 5 of 462 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Yes or No?

Default Re: Yes or No?

paul harnden shoulder bag.

i haven't really handled his bags before. i can get this at an ok price - people that have handled his bags - yay or nay?

eh probably won't get it - but would like to know about his leather bags anyhow

[quote user="xcoldricex"]eh probably won't get it - but would like to know about his leather bags anyhow
    [/quote]

His leathers are usually very soft, but this bag does not look like it.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

got the nicolo ceschi berrini blazer it's made out of a cotton canvas that's distressed at the seams. fit is very slim. sleeves are LONG and flared at the end. i'll have to get them shortened if i decide to keep it- while i do that i can probably ask to get rid of the flare (i don't think it works very well?) that'll cost me maybe $18. what do you guys think? need opinions as i've never worked with these cut away blazers before.

It looks a little too big from the pictures.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

it's definitely not too big, if it was smaller i wouldn't be able to put it on. you could be misled because of the sleeves?

If its not too big then the cut is unflattering. I also thought the jacket looks too big. Personally, I don't think the jacket looks right on you. Seems like your entire body is ballooning from the shoulder down. Are you standing straight in these pics?

nope, but i don't think it'd matter anyway. the balloon affect is being emphasized by the flares - but yeah, i think that's why most cut aways diddn't work on me (i had the same feeling with LUC's blazers and some harnden blazers (but those are just cut large to begin with)) thanks for the input, any other opinions are welcome.

For what it's worth...I don't think it looks too big at all, especially when you see it buttoned up. I agree with you about the flared sleeves though--combined with the cutaway part of the jacket, they are just too much. They drag the eye down too, which makes the jacket seem bigger/longer than it is.
    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

so the question is, would it be worth it to shorten the sleeves and get rid of the flare? :)

or maybe i just can't do cutaways. don't know.

I've just bought the exact same blazer, it looks good on me (i think) when unbottoned, but because it's very slim fit i look like a sausage when buttoned, i've never tried this shape of blazer (cutaways) before but i think it works on me (i'm 6'1") the sleeves are super long so i folded and looks good, in your case coldrice i think it's not a bad idea to shorten the sleeves but i'm not sure about the shape, makes you look wider than you are, i like mine and decide to keep and always wear it unbottoned (for respect to the human race).

haha yeah this blazer is very slim (despite how it looks i guess) - maybe you can put up a picture of you wearing it? i've actually got a relatively wide torso (at least i think i do), so maybe that's the problem and only taller/skinnier people can pull it off.

decided to let it go- if anyone is interested in it before i return it shoot me a pm. it's a size 48.

I like the look of this Ann coat, and with 21.5 inch pit to pit measurement it should be more than big enough for me, but the seller has listed its size as small. Anyone remember when these were made and were they cut to be hugely oversized?

He could be right, if this was cut to be worn over a thick sweater. I don't think it'll be babby, but her older stuff is cut pretty loose (especially by today's standards).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

[quote user="Faust"]He could be right, if this was cut to be worn over a thick sweater. I don't think it'll be babby, but her older stuff is cut pretty loose (especially by today's standards).
    [/quote]

So what would you do? My beloved SS05 Ann blazer is sized medium, measures 20.5, and fits me beautifully, so in theory this could be a perfect fit for a raincoat style. But a small? I just can't picture myself fitting into anyone's idea of a small.

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

[quote user="Faust"]He could be right, if this was cut to be worn over a thick sweater. I don't think it'll be babby, but her older stuff is cut pretty loose (especially by today's standards).
    [/quote]

So what would you do? My beloved SS05 Ann blazer is sized medium, measures 20.5, and fits me beautifully, so in theory this could be a perfect fit for a raincoat style. But a small? I just can't picture myself fitting into anyone's idea of a small.

[/quote]

I would buy this, a pair of sunglasses, and an M16!

LOL, honestly, I just think it might be hard to pull off, BUT, if you think you can, than you should definitely go for it. Ann's leather is usually of excellent quality! I think this should fit you well.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Yeah, I think you're right. I was thinking of it as a 60s Parisian-style raincoat with the twist (and warmth) that it is made of leather. I wasn't really thinking of it as a "long leather coat" which is definitely not a look I want to try and pull off.

<delete from watch list>

Not feeling the Ann coat. Like Faust said, unless you want to look like your in the Matrix. Personally from the picture provided, it looks cheap.

What do you guys think of this Helmut Lang sweater from yoox?

I've been looking for a white sweater (though this is more cream), but I can't decide if I just want it because it's Helmut Lang or if I really like it. The patch details are cool but I wonder if it is a bit plain for the price. Of course if it got marked down recently that would make it an easier decision.[img]javascript:prototype.emptyfunction()[/img]