• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Re: Yohji top

[quote user="laika"]

Faust, is that a yes? I mean, do you really like it, like, a lot? [:D]

I am determined to get exactly what I like and need (within my financial constraints) this season. I'm trying to avoid ending up with less than perfect items on sale, and aiming to buy only things that are exactly right, even if I have to pay more and have much less. Hence my contemplation of this full price top, which I might not have considered otherwise.

Cas, just email LVR and ask them. They advertise free international shipping, so I see absolutely no reason why the shipping should not be free. Perhaps they correct the charge after the sale?

Buckwheat, it's wool blended with polyamide. Does that make it rayon? [:^)]

[/quote]

i am in Firm Agreement with this, I too have come to this conclusion (along with making my own stuff which i've been neglecting for the last couple of years)

I just bought a few Margiela pieces, an told my brother, which is 3/4ths the shopaholic that, what we need to do is buy less (quantity) and better Quality stuff as we already have enough junk we hardly ever wear anyways and always end up giving away.........

I know your question is to Buckwheat, but if He permits I wil try to respond,

Regarding polyamide........It is difficult t explain in layman's terms but i will try

In the sense of which you are speaking (the meaning changes slightly with the context of its usage),
    It can be a natural or artificially made substance/product used to treat fabrics to enhance the qualities , usually to reduce wrinkling, tear, reaction to/ with chemicals during laundering etc .

While rayon can be considered a form of polyamide/polymer it is different in the sense that it is a cellulostic/ regenerated ( I am going to stop now as its getting too scientific) fiber eg. viscose (arificial silk) which is natural as opposed to Nylon which is also a form of polyamide but entirely man made. silk and wool can also be polyamides but they occur naturally

In your particular item it's more of a treatment for the wool (probably to make it more comfortable against the skin, reduce shrinkage etc,) than as a fabric within itself

to help here goes.

.1. wool and silk- Entirely natural polyamides (as the are produced by animals without necessity of mans input)

.2. Rayon/ Viscose - Regenerated from natural fiberswith the aid of man

.3. Nylon.- entirely man made fiber (artificial fabric)

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Zam, you are an absolute treasure! [51] I actually love learning about this stuff, so I appreciate the detailed explanation. [8-|]
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Anytime Sis,

Whatever we have in life (knowledge, possessions, wealth etc) is only truly valuable when we share it with others,

so its a pleasure to share with you and everyone else here

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

I agree with Laika, your input is invaluable, Zam [Y]
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• badseeds
            • Mar 2007

Julius pants

Crazy piece from julius. on 30% off sale now so the price is good... but I am not sure whether it could be easily pulled off...... Ideas? thanks.

btw i personallydislike the waythey were worn in the following pix....

Comment

• interman
              • Dec 2006

Re: Julius pants

I like it. How much is it with the discount applied?

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Affirmative, badseeds. I don't see anything crazy about it, and it's very hard to find a good cargo pant.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• badseeds
                  • Mar 2007

Thanks you guys :)

Interman, the price was 42,000yen * 70%....

Faust, thanks for the suggestion. I think it was the texture that made me hesitate.There was a brown/dark greenpair from julius runway pic which showed the details more clearly. I will probably give it a try since yes I dont have any nice cargo pants :P

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="badseeds"]

Thanks you guys :)

Interman, the price was 42,000yen * 70%....

Faust, thanks for the suggestion. I think it was the texture that made me hesitate.There was a brown/dark greenpair from julius runway pic which showed the details more clearly. I will probably give it a try since yes I dont have any nice cargo pants :P

[/quote]

Can you post the runway pic? From this pic, it looks like the fabric may have some metal mixed in to give it a crinkled look. I love that.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• badseeds
                      • Mar 2007

Thx faust. Sorry cant find any larger pic for now. As I remember the colorof this pair looked likecoated while I am not a big fan of that. (found exactly the samepairon a japanese website which had very detailed pix. too bad cant find it now). the crickled look amazed me too.

Here isanother pic of awhite pair which shows the pockets details. love it.

Comment

• mabac011
                        • Dec 2006

yea, I have these pants and love them...
                        a better pic,

Comment

• badseeds
                          • Mar 2007

thats it! thanks mabac.

Comment

• burgerbot
                            • Jun 2007

Re: Yes or No?

these cloak shoes...anyone have them?
                            Last edited by burgerbot; 10-03-2008, 08:09 PM.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

^ beautiful shoes. Came from Cycle-Two
                              www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• sam_tem
                                • Apr 2007

yeah, those cloak shoes are a must. literally anything black (including shorts) would go fine with them.

as for me, I was going to post the below pics asking if I should go with a sizeM or sizeS ann d. jacket (the shirt shown is a size M). i'm used to wearing skinny clothes and skinny pants so the medium shirt was giving me doubts since it fits loose and long on me. however, after looking at the pics it's not as bad as i imagined and i guess the intent is for the clothes to fit loose.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎