X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • casem
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

Yes or no to this leather jacket (in light grey) for around $1000...

I didn't think I was much of a leather jacket person, but the color and lack of "biker" details really appeals to me. The leather is baby soft calfskin (that's desirable right?). The only thing holding me back is that for a few hundred more I could get one of those natty wool jackets from the new dior collection...

music

Comment

• soultek
      • Feb 2007

I say yes, I bought the black version on salefrom OC in LA. I'm not a leather jacket person either, but somehow this jacket dispells the 'leather jacketyness' that I've come to not associate w/. The fit is great and the collar is really neat.

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

Casem- I would say go for it, it looks great and I think everyone needs some kind of leather jacket. [:)]

Sam- The shirt fits you perfectly in my opinon.
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

Question for you guys;
          I am looking at getting a jacket this winter but it looks as though I am staying in SoCal for a while longer (was planning on moving to NY, but new job...) and so I am looking for something that would be good for the weather as it never gets really cold but just 'chilly'.
          Here are the ones I have narrowed it down to;

Rick Owens tobacco leather jacket (yes, another leather)

Rick Owens wide button coat

Rick Owens moleskin bomber sport jacket

I know they're all very different, but I'm interested in what everyone thinks. Also, the last two I would probably never get the chance to see in person (stores here don't buy very many jackets).

:)

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

I would say #1 or #3 Cas. The wide coat never struck me as anything great... and actually I find it kind of garish. It's all boxy cut and rather plain... if Rick Owens' name wasn't attached to it, it would easily be on the rack at K-mart in my opinion.

If you're going for a range of pieces, I'd say #3... but the leathers this season... ah... so nice! I may just spring for one this weekend!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Thanks Albert and I agree about the second jacket. I was hoping maybe it's a little different in person than what it looks like on LVR (LVR's pics usually stink), but I'm beginning to be rather 'bleh' about it, especially compared to the other two.
              Ahhh, decisions.

BTW Albert, good luck with the jacket. Did you get my pm?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

yeah, #2 sucks.

i would actually suggest the bomber. i think since you already have a RO leather plus the fact that the tobacco color isn't so hot (my opinion) that the bomber would suit you better.

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

I would say #1 or #3 Cas. The wide coat never struck me as anything great... and actually I find it kind of garish. It's all boxy cut and rather plain... if Rick Owens' name wasn't attached to it, it would easily be on the rack at K-mart in my opinion.

If you're going for a range of pieces, I'd say #3... but the leathers this season... ah... so nice! I may just spring for one this weekend!

[/quote]

I'm going to second Albert and say #1 or #3. Practically speaking #3 will be all the jacket you need (like that'll keep you from accruing more pieces). Easy to work in layers with that one.

But if it were up to me, I'd go with #1. It's beautiful and consider the time of year. The leather will serve you well for several months to come. If you stay in SoCal, that's a year round jacket.

#2 has got buyer's remorse written all over it. Not to say that it's without it's charm.

Originally posted by Faust
                  fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• winQ
                    Banned
                    • Dec 2006

Another vote for #1. I quite like #3 as well, but the ro leathers are sooo beautiful this season [57].

I can't find the appeal for #2.. it's always looked like a shapeless mass of fabric to me.

Comment

• Avantster
                      ¤¤¤
                      • Sep 2006

Another big thumbs up for #1 Casius! Out of the three I think it is probably the most timeless.
                      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• pactum
                        • Oct 2006

I actually own #3 so I must say that you should get it Casius. Especially because you already have some other leathers. The bomber might look quite boring in that picture from Atelier, but wearing it with the top three buttons unbuttoned and the jacket zipped down a bit and then fold out the top of the jacket/collar/hood it gets a very nice look. =)

Hmm, if you have any questions just ask and I´ll try to answer them.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

I'm not a huge fan of the color on the leather one, so my vote goes for #3. I hope I'll be able to try that jacket on at the store next month.

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

I'm having a totally opposite reaction from Mike, I think the color of the leather is gorgeous. I've become a big fan of chocolate (besides, it should be a bit darker in person, I could see the flash working in this pic.), and I love the high 3-snap collar. [Y]
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

I'm sure the tobacco color would be gorgeous on you, Cas. But since you already have leather, I vote for 3 (which is my personal favorite anyway). I think it is both the most unusual and the most versatile; and it picks up the youthful, sporty vibe that you like so much in the Spring collection....it just seems very you. [61][51] Besides, you can get an RO leather any season...
                              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]I'm having a totally opposite reaction from Mike, I think the color of the leather is gorgeous. I've become a big fan of chocolate (besides, it should be a bit darker in person, I could see the flash working in this pic.), and I love the high 3-snap collar. [Y]
                                [/quote]

its definately not terrible, just a bit too redish for my taste I think

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎