• irrlicht
    • Jan 2007

Re: Yes or No?

petar petrov jacket.. yes?

Comment

• matthewhk
      • Jan 2007

hard to say without seeing that jacket worn, but based on that pic alone I'd give it a no. Unless you are in need of something like that to fill up a void in your wardrobe, that jacket doesn't do anything for me, sorry :(

Comment

• laika
        • Sep 2006

Vivienne Westwood Red Label, wool & cashmere blend. I am in dire need of a coat.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

VW Red Label coats are one of my favorites in terms of look. I like the buttons a lot, and her collars are very elegant. However, my concern is VW's quality, which I feel had somewhat deteriorated. So, I would say Yes, provided you can return it.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Thanks, Faust.

Guys, the rest of you are being supremely unhelpful...surely there are some other opinions out there? [51]

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• bellapietra1501
              • Sep 2006

imo i think you can find something more versatile. dont get me wrong its a beautiful coat. i just think with your style you will find one that suits you better. [70] dont kill me... i think its because it is all black. the one that the model is wearing has a pattern that accentuates the simplicity of the garment. if you can, maybe you should look at that one. im not a very stylish person as other ppl on this forum but for some reason thought i would give my 2 cents. im kinda regretting it already. ^_^

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

Thanks, Faust.

Guys, the rest of you are being supremely unhelpful...surely there are some other opinions out there? [51]

[/quote]

It could prove to be a very nice looking and reliable coat but definitely not an accent piece, I find the pictures make it somewhat bland, which is fine and even desirablefor an item that gets worn everyday. The coat'sskirt is the best part imho as it flares very nicely, but depending how tall you are it might end up less flattering as the "miniskirt" effect that gives the garment its potential *humpf* gets lost and the coat becomes a regular A-line.

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• drexl
                  • Sep 2006

I'd say yay, I like the little twist where the lapel rolls over and the one-and-a-half breasted-ness, which looks alot sleeker than the typical double breasted coat. Do you have the choice between black and the patterned version? I kinda like the oversized check version a tad bit more.[Y]

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

hmmm...what patterned version are you referring to? [76] The two I posted are the identical coat.

Thanks for the opinions, guys, I really appreciate them.

Comment

• drexl
                      • Sep 2006

The one on the left is all black (unless my monitor's playing tricks on me), whereas the one on the right is a brown/darkgrey/black oversized check...no?

Comment

• Johnny
                        • Sep 2006

Laika I'm not a fan of that at all. Like Faust I think the quality will be poor, unlike Faust I hate the buttons (I find them rather vulgar). You could get a better plain not overly expensive coat than that - what about V Bruno or APC?

Comment

• Seventh
                          • Dec 2006

Laika,

I also see the pattern on the right photo (if that is what is being talked about). I don't mind the buttons and I really like how the collar overlaps and appears to emerge out of the center of the coat. But there is something about the proportions that looks a little clunky--the ratio between the arms and body in particular--it doesn't look right. Do you have a chance to try it on and is it a good deal? The fit might look correct on your frame.

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="drexl"]The one on the left is all black (unless my monitor's playing tricks on me), whereas the one on the right is a brown/darkgrey/black oversized check...no?
                            [/quote]

No you're right--it was my monitor! [:O] I agree, the one with the checks is better. I haven't seen it anywhere though.

Johnny, thanks. I don't get to see much VW in person over here, but I've seen enough to know that the quality could be a problem. I've been waiting for something to show up at A.P.C. (Vanessa Bruno is no good this year ), but I really want something with some shape to it....their coats tend to be very casual and boxy. [*-)]

Seventh, it will of course be a bit longer on me, but still above the knee. I guess it really does have to be tried on for any meaningful assessment.

I just know this is going to be hugely difficult....finding an interesting, well-cut coat of good quality for a reasonable price....why so hard? [:'(]

Comment

• Seventh
                              • Dec 2006

"why so hard? "

I know the feeling. I have been searching for a good warm coat for a while now as well. It is really difficult to find a good one, for a reasonable price...

Comment

• ionn26
                                • Feb 2007

so... I am debating whether I should get the Julius leather jacket that Andrew got or the silver coated cotton jacket? Any suggestions???[72]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎