X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jorge Hache
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

I've just bought the exact same blazer, it looks good on me (i think) when unbottoned, but because it's very slim fit i look like a sausage when buttoned, i've never tried this shape of blazer (cutaways) before but i think it works on me (i'm 6'1") the sleeves are super long so i folded and looks good, in your case coldrice i think it's not a bad idea to shorten the sleeves but i'm not sure about the shape, makes you look wider than you are, i like mine and decide to keep and always wear it unbottoned (for respect to the human race).

Comment

• xcoldricex
      • Sep 2006

haha yeah this blazer is very slim (despite how it looks i guess) - maybe you can put up a picture of you wearing it? i've actually got a relatively wide torso (at least i think i do), so maybe that's the problem and only taller/skinnier people can pull it off.

Comment

• xcoldricex
        • Sep 2006

decided to let it go- if anyone is interested in it before i return it shoot me a pm. it's a size 48.

Comment

• dontbecruel
          • Sep 2006

I like the look of this Ann coat, and with 21.5 inch pit to pit measurement it should be more than big enough for me, but the seller has listed its size as small. Anyone remember when these were made and were they cut to be hugely oversized?

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

He could be right, if this was cut to be worn over a thick sweater. I don't think it'll be babby, but her older stuff is cut pretty loose (especially by today's standards).
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]He could be right, if this was cut to be worn over a thick sweater. I don't think it'll be babby, but her older stuff is cut pretty loose (especially by today's standards).
              [/quote]

So what would you do? My beloved SS05 Ann blazer is sized medium, measures 20.5, and fits me beautifully, so in theory this could be a perfect fit for a raincoat style. But a small? I just can't picture myself fitting into anyone's idea of a small.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="dontbecruel"]

[quote user="Faust"]He could be right, if this was cut to be worn over a thick sweater. I don't think it'll be babby, but her older stuff is cut pretty loose (especially by today's standards).
                [/quote]

So what would you do? My beloved SS05 Ann blazer is sized medium, measures 20.5, and fits me beautifully, so in theory this could be a perfect fit for a raincoat style. But a small? I just can't picture myself fitting into anyone's idea of a small.

[/quote]

I would buy this, a pair of sunglasses, and an M16!

LOL, honestly, I just think it might be hard to pull off, BUT, if you think you can, than you should definitely go for it. Ann's leather is usually of excellent quality! I think this should fit you well.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                  • Sep 2006

Yeah, I think you're right. I was thinking of it as a 60s Parisian-style raincoat with the twist (and warmth) that it is made of leather. I wasn't really thinking of it as a "long leather coat" which is definitely not a look I want to try and pull off.

<delete from watch list>

Comment

• djrajio
                    • Sep 2006

Not feeling the Ann coat. Like Faust said, unless you want to look like your in the Matrix. Personally from the picture provided, it looks cheap.

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

What do you guys think of this Helmut Lang sweater from yoox?

I've been looking for a white sweater (though this is more cream), but I can't decide if I just want it because it's Helmut Lang or if I really like it. The patch details are cool but I wonder if it is a bit plain for the price. Of course if it got marked down recently that would make it an easier decision.[img]javascript:prototype.emptyfunction()[/img]

music

Comment

• xcoldricex
                        • Sep 2006

you could always just bleach it to make it white.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

No from me, Casem. I hate ribbed sweaters. They always remind me of generic stuff from Gap or Banana. A huge no if it's made of cotton. If it's wool, than maybe.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• casem
                            • Sep 2006

It is wool, I'm also a bit turned off by ribbed sweaters aswell (I don't currently have any).
                            music

Comment

• djrajio
                              • Sep 2006

No from me. I don't like ribbed sweaters as well, feels too BR/J.Crew for me. If you want a white, buy a white.

Comment

• kucejoe
                                • Sep 2006

I'd say no as well, there is something about it that I just don't like and I can't put my finger on what it is.

...maybe it is the fact that it is ribbed and there is something about how the patch adds a weird volume to the shoulders, but the photo may be deceiving in that regard.

Suspension Point Store (Online + Montreal, QC) / Tumblr / Instagram

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎