X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • xcoldricex
    • Sep 2006

Re: Yes or No?

shoot. thought about the collection privee jacket for too long and missed out [:S]. yeah. i like the shape of the above jacket a lot though. elasticated waists are iffy but...

Comment

• bakla
      • Oct 2006

I personally don't mind the elastic. A blouson is fresh again now.

Comment

• minomni
        • Oct 2006

been hunting down this lithium homme white crumpled blazer, hesitating a bit on the color - thought it might develop a bit more depth with some wear. thoughts?

Comment

• implicit
          • Sep 2006

what do you guys think of this?

i was thinking of getting it off of yoox. it's raf simons, if that matters.

Comment

• xcoldricex
            • Sep 2006

i was waiting for the gray to go on sale.. but it sold out. i probably needed a 50 rather than my normal 48 though anyway...

there's a cool elbow detail on the back

Comment

• djrajio
              • Sep 2006

The leather used on lithium homme actually isn't very good, my riders jacket is a bit-plasticy (I bought it for the cut and color). I'm pretty sure they did some treatment to the leather to make it that way but I feel that the leather will not age very well. Try looking out for Julius pieces, since the label also did crumpled leather in gray, black, and white in blazers and the leather they use is much much better.

Comment

• designersheep
                • Oct 2006

implicit//
                That's a knit I always wanted, butI hesitated and then decided otherwise, because where I live is summer now and I won't be wearing it till much later.

Onestrangethingisthattherunwayphotoandtheyooxphoto showsdifferentpositioningonthepatternsespeciallyar oundtheneck.
                Ontherunway,thepatternsaremuchclosertotheneck.

Comment

• peanut
                  • Nov 2006

[quote user="implicit"]

what do you guys think of this?

i was thinking of getting it off of yoox. it's raf simons, if that matters.

[/quote]

That's been living in my dreambox since it arrived on Yoox, along with lots of the other AW 0506 stuff. I'm waiting for the sales and then the bun fight will begin. By the way, as coldrice implied, these sweaters are all styled incredibly narrow (see runway photos) so sizing up is a must. I've already had to return one size 50 top from this collection because it didn't fit me (my chest is a little under 40 inches and I can often get into a size 48).

Comment

• implicit
                    • Sep 2006

damn. i don't think i'm going to chance it then. i generally wear a 52 (i'm a big, broad-shouldered guy) in raf and dior type stuff, so if it's cut slimmer than the norm i'm probably out of luck.

Comment

• Avantster
                      ¤¤¤
                      • Sep 2006

minomni I really like the look of that crumpled blazer but I'm not sure about the material as I haven't seen it in person. I'd listen to djrajio - definitely check out Julius! They did quite a few white pieces in the most recent collection..
                      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="implicit"]damn. i don't think i'm going to chance it then. i generally wear a 52 (i'm a big, broad-shouldered guy) in raf and dior type stuff, so if it's cut slimmer than the norm i'm probably out of luck.
                        [/quote]

Oh yea, man, forget it - it's crazy slim.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• minomni
                          • Oct 2006

[quote user="Avantster"]minomni I really like the look of that crumpled blazer but I'm not sure about the material as I haven't seen it in person. I'd listen to djrajio - definitely check out Julius! They did quite a few white pieces in the most recent collection..
                          [/quote]

yeah, much to the relief of my japanese friend/correspondent, i'm going to abandon the search of that lithium homme blazer. i was curious to see how the thin white leather would break down..

i also considered this julius off white leather blazer, but it was relatively expensive and eventually sold out. i really liked the understated miniature peak lapels.

Comment

• minomni
                            • Oct 2006

[quote user="djrajio"]The leather used on lithium homme actually isn't very good, my riders jacket is a bit-plasticy (I bought it for the cut and color). I'm pretty sure they did some treatment to the leather to make it that way but I feel that the leather will not age very well. Try looking out for Julius pieces, since the label also did crumpled leather in gray, black, and white in blazers and the leather they use is much much better.
                            [/quote]

liked the leather pieces i've seen from lithium homme, so it's a bit disappointing to hear about the quality. thanks for the feedback.

Comment

• casem
                              • Sep 2006

I have a feeling we're all going to be fighting it out over the great Raf stuff when it's on sale. I've also been watching that sweater, a 48 should work for me but I really want it to get a bit cheaper first.

Here's another one I've been looking at. I like that it's short and I like the idea, but I'm afraid it will be too boxy. What do you guys think?

music

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

i don't like how it looks like its literally cut off- if he wanted to make a short jacket then he should've just made a one button short jacket. this looks a bitt odd to me... but to each his own. the shape and everything is nice, probably not as boxy as you think it'd be.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎