Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"... I put away childish things..." (the kids' clothes thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

fuck, that baby dresses way better than i do.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

looks like we finally have come close to nabbing baby
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• doldrums
        • Dec 2008

I'll hold back on unleashing the wife's 'baby' links but for all the dads:

Last edited by doldrums; 01-12-2009, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

we stick to gap kids, children's place, imps and elfs and targhey for knock-around clothes. i'd rather save for their future and i have 3 rugged boys.

but, that said, i spend a lot on my oldest son's stuff (or at least have) as it will get worn by the next 2. he has a great leather jacket, a few pair of apcs, lots of doc martens and a stone island coat. not as big a deal with all the hand me down potential.

when i see these manhattanite kids of privilege dressed in burberry, i tell my kids to go jack them, brooklyn style.

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

this kid is a dick.

[QUOTE=Avantster;115932]

Comment

• Test
              • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
              While I have no problem with little girls in perfect clothing, I find this picture oddly disturbing. Something just not right about it. It might be because I associate children in perfectly fitted clothing with horror movies where children are the evil entities.

Parents, if you don't mind me asking, how do you determine your spending limit for a child's clothing? What's your spending cap? What are items you're willing to spend extra and what will you never buy for more than $20? I ask because I imagine being a terrible, stupid parent.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

While I also think boys in blazers should be shot (well, their parents actually), maybe this was a special occasion? I dunno, boys gotta be messy and crazy and running around, jumping and breaking shit so you can smack them and they wouldn't care still. But I have a girl, so... I spend extra on outerwear and boots, because America produces terrible garbage I go for Italian stuff. Daffys in NYC solves all my daughter's problems though - $100 tops for a good winter jacket, $50 for Italian leather boots. For tops, jeans, sweaters I go either to Daffys, or my wife goes to Childrens place or to Disney outlet when my daughter demands all that princess trash. I'd say we spend maximum $25 top/jeans, $35 sweater, unless it's something drop dead gorgeous - bu on average it's much less, $10 top/$20 jeans/sweater. Once a season we go to Woodbury and that's where my wife buys bulk of the stuff - I only get special pieces (outerwear, footwear).
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• dontbecruel
                  • Sep 2006

My son's favourite trousers are a credit crunching pair of cords we bought from Sainsbury's for £2. But such prosaic reality doesn't mean you can resist the £50 shoes twice a year. We parents are drawn to them like a moth to a flame, no matter how many times we get burned.

Comment

• YoungM
                    • Nov 2008

I think the kid looks great, assuming its a special occasion.

Here's a question for you guys- what about once the kids get older? As a sixteen year old myself, I would love parents interested in this aesthetic- or any aesthetic at all (God love them) for the financial value. How much will you gents help your teenage kids dress well?

Comment

• Johannes Thorsen
                      • Jun 2007

As for myself, I found some old clothes (that im giving my nephew) and the jeans are just wasted after playing football/hockey, fighting, playing in the sandbox and all that crap.
                      Kids dont really care about that anyway (most kids I know, including myself, first started carring that much in 5th grade - Diesel was the shit at my school ).

Girls probably care earlier, cant speak for them atleast. What mattered for us (if anything mattered) was maybe to be good at sports, make some nice drawings of some guys shooting each other... Or get to stay up late to brag about having watched a horror movie next day in school...

I do feel that some parents (some of my friends at work do this) push their kids to much, trying to dress them in expensive clothes and make them "popular" in that way. Maybe, they had a hard time in school themselves and their big dreams where to be part of "the gang" in school.

I will let my children, decide when they need special clothing, else I will buy them cheap crap (ofc. something that look decent, and can withstand some wear) but nothing at all pricey - if I could wear it, my kids can.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Right on. Most of that stuff is for parents anyway. But I can tell you, my daughter cares. It's a lot of fun watching her evaluating clothes as she grows up.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• destroyed
                          • Nov 2006

my mother badly wanted a girl so she let my hair grow out and dressed me in pink until i was old enough to notice

and i turned out okay...

i will be fathering a girl in march and i have been looking for a nice pair of selvage jeans for her----that will probably be the only article of clothing that i will spend any appreciable amount on

but that's my particular bias
                          broken mirror, white terror

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

my oldest son is very particular about what he wears to the point that between he and i, we are late to nearly every event we are supposed to attend.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Good luck, destroyed - it's a beautiful and ugly experience.

Kunk, once they hit junior high, all hell breaks loose.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

glad i went to catholic school-shoes and hair were the only areas for debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎