X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DudleyGray
    • Jul 2013

Originally posted by eloquent View Post
    Has anyone handled the RO Chukkas? From my searching they seem to be from a/w 14, much quieter silhouette than the others and was wondering if they are worth the purchase, if they look good on feet, and is the construction any good?
    I have a pair, I like them and wear them often for work. Good enough construction, pretty leather, but it's very "desert boot," so not much to it and uppers are flimsy. I like the way they pair with waxed jeans for a contrast in texture. Oh, also that lacing configuration is a lie, I had to stretch out the holes and skip holes.

Also FYI, this isn't really the right thread for that, would fit better under small questions.
    bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• scanner
      • Mar 2015

Originally posted by DudleyGray View Post
      I have a pair, I like them and wear them often for work. Good enough construction, pretty leather, but it's very "desert boot," so not much to it and uppers are flimsy. I like the way they pair with waxed jeans for a contrast in texture. Oh, also that lacing configuration is a lie, I had to stretch out the holes and skip holes.

Also FYI, this isn't really the right thread for that, would fit better under small questions.

Since DG responded, I'll chime in too, at one point these were my favorite pair of Rick boots, and I hate desert boots. The leather is really soft and pliable around the ankle, while the rest is very sturdy, and the blistered leather gives off a cool effect. The silhouette, at least when I got them was very sleek and modern, rather than chunky and aggressive. The sole as well is incredible.. I didn't see goodyear flex anywhere near it like the new ones do but the single layer sole was just so comfortable and I wore into these for like 2 years and the sole was still nearly intact. I will say, I did as well have to open the holes up and the I ended up cutting nearly half the laces off to wear them normally.

My current favorite boot ever right now though is the Creeper Distressed-Suede Boots with zipper. They are insanely comfortable and look gorgeous.

Comment

• eloquent
        • Sep 2016

Thank you, theres a pair for a very good price on spence and was just wondering why they've been unsold for so long. I could use a new pair of black suede desert boots :)

Sorry for asking on the wrong thread, I'll make sure I ask an appropriate question next time on this thread.

Originally posted by scanner View Post
        Thank you for the sole and leather information. I'tl be my first rick boot without the goodyear flex sole, so I wonder how it walks. These holes that you and DG talk about is confusing to me, but I'm sure i'll get it when I receive my pair in december from a friend, as getting things sent to Thailand is a pain :/

Comment

• vah
          • Aug 2016

Not sure if anyone has noticed it yet but Rick has gone back to using Raccagni zippers this season.

Comment

• scanner
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by vah View Post
            Not sure if anyone has noticed it yet but Rick has gone back to using Raccagni zippers this season.

My new Mastadon jacket uses raccagni and is made in italy and i've noticed most of the items released after pre-co are like this.. just as well as his labels have started to change to a silk / cupro type style and everything is made at "Owenscorp".

Comment

• Nickefuge
              • Nov 2014

everything is made at "Owenscorp".
              That’s because he bought Olmar & Mirta. At least that’s what I’ve heard.
              "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
              -Paris Hilton

Comment

• vah
                • Aug 2016

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                That’s because he bought Olmar & Mirta. At least that’s what I’ve heard.
                Yeah the store staff have told me this as well.
                Seems like production is split between the factory in Italy and Moldova. Bought a pair of DRKSHDW shorts from this season that are made in Moldova.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                  • Jul 2013

Originally posted by vah View Post
                  Yeah the store staff have told me this as well.
                  Seems like production is split between the factory in Italy and Moldova. Bought a pair of DRKSHDW shorts from this season that are made in Moldova.
                  It begins :(

Comment

• the breaks
                    • Sep 2007

It begun a long time ago, no?
                    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• vah
                      • Aug 2016

Yeah didn't he start splitting production during 2015, or even earlier? Guessing the scale of production is too big for the factory in Italy to handle everything. Not even sure how the split is being made, because I've handled DRKSHDW stuff from FW16 that are made in Italy.

Comment

• DudleyGray
                        • Jul 2013

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                        It begun a long time ago, no?
                        Yeah, but I just naively assumed that Moldovan production would remain limited to leathers.

It continues :(

Comment

• stemcell
                          • Jul 2011

Yeah, but I just naively assumed that Moldovan production would remain limited to leathers.

It continues :(
                          There was actually a pair of pants I saw I think from cyclops, maybe even before, that were moldova. But I have been wondering this for a while cause I haven't checked the leathers or heard anyone comment on the subject.

Comment

• eloquent
                            • Sep 2016

Whats the general consensus on washed calf? Is it as bad as the glass ice lamb I always read about, I picked up a couple of jackets in what I presume to be these leathers (judging from pictures here and here)

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by eloquent View Post
                              Whats the general consensus on washed calf? Is it as bad as the glass ice lamb I always read about, I picked up a couple of jackets in what I presume to be these leathers (judging from pictures here and here)
                              Haven't been able to see any of the leathers this season yet, but have a jacket in 'boxed calf' from 09 (this is washed calf, right?) and it still is my favorite leather ever.

Comment

• MSMMode
                                • Oct 2015

My new Mastadon jacket uses raccagni and is made in italy and i've noticed most of the items released after pre-co are like this.. just as well as his labels have started to change to a silk / cupro type style and everything is made at "Owenscorp".
                                Does anyone know why the Owenscrop is dipped in honey or if this is true?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎