X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cem
    • Apr 2007

Re: RICK OWENS

I just called Barneys New York in Beverly Hills and the sales associate there told me that they do not carry Rick Owens or DRKSHDW and that the only thing they carry from RO is his Slab label jeans. Sad, because I would much prefer Beverly Hills to carry at least DRKSHDW. :(

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="cem"]I just called Barneys New York in Beverly Hills and the sales associate there told me that they do not carry Rick Owens or DRKSHDW and that the only thing they carry from RO is his Slab label jeans. Sad, because I would much prefer Beverly Hills to carry at least DRKSHDW. :(
      [/quote]

I thought SLAB is dead?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="cem"]I just called Barneys New York in Beverly Hills and the sales associate there told me that they do not carry Rick Owens or DRKSHDW and that the only thing they carry from RO is his Slab label jeans. Sad, because I would much prefer Beverly Hills to carry at least DRKSHDW. :(
        [/quote]

I thought SLAB is dead?

[/quote]

Ditto.
        I thought BH Barneys did carry DRKSHDW items....
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• baizilla
          • Sep 2006

Rick Owens' photography

Comment

• cbdas
            • Oct 2006

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="zamb"]the zipper in the side is nice, i dont like them though, reminds me too much of the eighties hip-hop scene, which is something I dislike very much
            [/quote]

Faust-I know, $1200 for sneakers! And we all thought Ann D.'s sneakers were expensive.
            [/quote]

Shit , At least Hare did a an alright rip-off job of the Rick Owen sneakers .

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Thought I would update this thread with some new pics I found of the A/W 08 lineup. (they are kind of crappy though...)

Comment

• Tiger
                Banned
                • Sep 2006

Korean actor/model Kang Dong Won in Rick Owens

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

Some interesting leathers this coming Fall. Also, click on the pictures for bigger pics.

Comment

• Jorge Hache
                    • Sep 2006

More interesting pieces:

Coat

Leather jackets

Details

Enjoy!

Comment

• sleazie ninja
                      • Jun 2007

^^ i need that leather jacket in my life...

Comment

• laika
                        • Sep 2006

I take it this is F/W 07-08? I wonder why we don't see a stand alone men's show from RO.

Aside from the last leather jacket, these pieces look awkwardly cut to me, even on the models. [*-)] Do you guys have the same fit/sizing issues with this stuff that women do?

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• deuxmille
                          • Nov 2006

If by fit issue you mean that everything is 2 sizes too big all the time, then yes.

Looking forward to seeing some of the trousers in stores.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="deuxmille"]If by fit issue you mean that everything is 2 sizes too big all the time, then yes.

Looking forward to seeing some of the trousers in stores.

[/quote]

You mean two sizes too small? [:D]

Notice how they show the leather jacket open even on the model, and I'm sure this guy is no fatty...

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

Yea, I'm sure he's pretty skinny! I don't know if they did that to show the gathered tees underneath or if the jacket is too small for him, but if it was the latter, it would be pulling like crazy in the shoulders still (unless he has little muscle).
                              Mostly I see the styling of the jackets fully zipped like this;

Laika- One of the reasons I like the clothing so much is the fit! I am 6'3" with muscle and a long torso so his tops are like a God send for me as most other manufacturer's are cut smaller (length wise). But I agree with Faust, most of his jackets, leathers especially run small. The tees run about true to size, but only because they stretch like mad! Bottoms are what I find to be the most inconsistant in terms of sizing.
                              But usually his cuts are perfect in my opinion. [:)]

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

I really like the last outfit Casius posted, but those sneakers are ghastly! Put on some boots on that boy (not the high heels).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎