Thread: Rick Owens

Does anyone know the history of Rick's materials procurement and production?

I forget the latest tally on the number of stockists, but surely things have changed up since he started.

Quote Originally Posted by Heirloom View Post
    I dont understand these types of editorials where they just shoot the stuff as they appeared on the runway.
    not seeing it. This looks nothing like his runway shoot. Totally different.

The photography styling here looks great for the aesthetic they are trying to convey.

Heirloom

im talking about the outfits. they're the same.

Even using the same model

Longtime reader, first time poster here.

I've been reading this thread for hours...so enlightening.

I splurged on a blistered lamb safari from ss11 that i've been wearing religiously.

Really beautiful stuff.

looks like one from f/w 2010, made them in cashmere and merino

just a few random ones i've scanned from encens. nothing quite like hannelore in rick and styled by haider.

the way the clothes are a physical manifestation of rick's idea of work out couture is really beautiful
    hip hop died with biggie and pac.

I know this is more of a 'small questions' type inquiry but I figured that this would be the place to check since the Rick perfume was recently brought up.

Two years ago, I would have been ashamed to ask this but at this point, I can't help myself.

Can anyone triangulate what the scent is that rick's clothes carry? Whether it's a tank top, a pair of jeans or non-leather outerwear, it all has this very distinct, clean scent to it.

I know it's a ridiculous query but if I could have my whole house smell like this, I would sleep better at night. And it's not because it's attached to rick's products as much as it's just a really subtle, clean scent that isn't too masculine, too feminine or too overbearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by mizzar View Post
    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

I've been wanting to ask this same question..

Quote Originally Posted by beardown View Post
    I know this is more of a 'small questions' type inquiry but I figured that this would be the place to check since the Rick perfume was recently brought up.

Two years ago, I would have been ashamed to ask this but at this point, I can't help myself.

Can anyone triangulate what the scent is that rick's clothes carry? Whether it's a tank top, a pair of jeans or non-leather outerwear, it all has this very distinct, clean scent to it.

I know it's a ridiculous query but if I could have my whole house smell like this, I would sleep better at night. And it's not because it's attached to rick's products as much as it's just a really subtle, clean scent that isn't too masculine, too feminine or too overbearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackisthenewblack View Post
    great shoot!
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

black is the new banned
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Image Hosted by PicturePush - Photo Sharing
    not sure if this is on here yet or on the net somewhere...but going through a bunch of junk and came across this. click..click..click larger.

Default RICK Interview in Norwegian Daily Financial Times / D2

there is an interview with RICK in the norwegian newspaper- D2 today. D2 is a weekend supplement to the norwegian version of the Daily Financial Times.

Basically talks about his lifestory and ways of living - "I like that what I do is functional. When I went to art school, it scared me to death, because its so corrupt and poltitical. Art is only about preception, whereas Fashion is something that is used." ( loosly translated from norwegian)

I know the guys who conducted the interview and upon the question on drugs, admitting to using coke, meth, speed in his younger days, he asked the interviewer - "areŽnt you on drugs now? drugs have many forms!"

Could you pretty please post the whole thing?

^ I second that. I'm assuming you're translating it yourself?

The text is in Norwegian - ill scan it later - but I think it will be online soon as well.

Ill keep you posted.

thank you.

That's a great portrait of Rick.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine