Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Rick Owens

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    new_dawn_fades

Default Rick Owens

i thought we could have a thread of all things RICK OWENS

is there already a thread? sorry if there is.

i never knew rick has a site

http://www.owenscorp.com

some cool stuff there

thought id share !

cheers ppl

Default Re: RICK OWENS

wow neither did i! thanks!

ditto. That guy shaved his eyebrows off in the DRKSHDW link![:|]! Here are more photos of his store:

Rick Owens store

pretty cool website. i'm still waiting to find my first rick owens piece... has anyone seen pics of his paris apartment... it's very "swank". is slab by rick owens? not sure where i might have gotten that impression.

yes slab is also rick owens, i'm not sure why it's not on his site.

[quote user="xcoldricex"]yes slab is also rick owens, i'm not sure why it's not on his site.
    [/quote]

Drkshdw replaced Slab as the jeans line. As fare as I'm concerned it's the same stuff, just different name.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

I have to thank you for bringing this site to my attention because I discovered that a store in my area now stocks Rick Owens, and thus I got to see his stuff for the first time. I was somewhat pleased, especially with the long thin sleeves that scrunch up beautifully and with the 'organic' look some of it has.

First, in terms of wearability, the Drkshdw line is better, but it seems overpriced for what it was, even though a long sleeve shirt looked cool with the sleeves scrunched up. The main line had some nice items (especially the sweater with the raw, uneven edges), but alot of the stuff, such as a cape and long, wrap sweaters, do not scream practicality for me and I don't see too many guys going after that look in my area. The prices mean that I probably can't even consider most of it even if it reaches sale (I'm curious to see how well it sells here) and I was afraid to look at the price of the leather jacket.

Does anyone know why he didn't show a men's collection for S/S 2007?

He did. Where did you get that idea?

Campbell

For purchasing information please email campbell@darklandsberlin.com

From the Lilies line. Lilies fabrics are pure heaven, but I'd be so afraid for them, they seem extremely delecate.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

new ss07 mens collection pictures are now up on http://www.owenscorp.eu/
    i'm really liking what i see...

The new F/W 07-08 Mens collection is up on the site and it is a must see. Check it out http://www.owenscorp.com/#

FUCK - there goes my money.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Does anyone know who is stocking this right now?

Does anyone have more pictures of this piece?

Thanks!

Thanks Cas

went by the store today and they still don't have the entire collection on the floor, but I was told the "motherload" of shipments is coming in on Monday. Rick is going to be there on Friday reorganizing their shop for women's fashion week. Saw a couple new things though, including a really nice thin leather long coat, the combat boots (790EUR), various shorts, and a really nice pair of black pants/jeans with a horizontal texture, but they didn't have my size.

I took a picture of their wall as it stands today...some interesting new things on it as well

1st row: distressed reversed leather combat boots, slip on boot
    2nd row: cds, leather toiletry bags, sneakers, large drkshdw bath towels
    3rd row: more boots, diagonal zipper pants in muddy white, diagonal zipper pants in black, another pair of boots with a zipper on the side, jeans
    4th row: more sneakers
    5th row: sneakers, smaller bath towels, more diagonal zipper pants

all the other stacks are his book

i saw these pants today, really nice [Y]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

it's too bad they run small... I tried on the same size as my waxed drkshdw jeans and I couldn't even button the top 2 buttons

when I asked the SA about the bath towels she said along with the furniture, CDs, and books, it's turning into RickOwens Ikea [:|]

[quote user="ardeetee"]it's too bad they run small... I tried on the same size as my waxed drkshdw jeans and I couldn't even button the top 2 buttons
    [/quote]

Really, did they change the fit? I have last season's zipper jeans and I had to size down since they ran so big [:|]