X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: RICK OWENS

Oh haha, I didn't notice those in that shot.

Yeah... one of Rick's mistakes for sure!

That look with combat boots though... perfect.

The photos of his paris atelier/home are really quite awesome. I wish I had full artistic license to just do things like that with my time.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]What about the high heel boots though?! They are seriously dodgy![/quote]

Sold out at A though! [:O]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

Really! New Yorkers eh.....

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]Really! New Yorkers eh.....[/quote]

Yeah. And you know, my first reaction was just like yours, WTF? My next reaction was, "Smart, there is always that one person who'll buy this." And you just knew that noone in the US would even dare buy something like this, so A would be the only place.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

after seeing the photos on Rick's website again, I just gotta say that the collection is going to FUCKING ROCK.

Thank god 90% of RO's stuff makes it to sale hehe

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ionn26
              • Feb 2007

Yes I stock up on Rick Owens stuff especially his leather jacket.

I saw the high heels last season in HK but it had like 3 pairs left... pretty hefty price too like 900USD... he did also another verion like the boots.. it was hot.. when I saw it was like last pair, and damn $750USD... Crazy... and last pair??? geez...

I just also bought the RO leather jacket on LVR. I am usually a RO Large and I bought the large.. and surprise enough.. it was bigger then last season I feel.. weird...

I have to warned you guys about the stitching of RO.. I have them came undone on two of the leather jacket and had to get it re-sewn.. so watch out!!!

I just saw the Ghost rider.. I am pretty sure that one of the leather jacket is by Rick Owen, the biker jacket, the first one that Nicholas cage wore.. can someone confirm it???

Comment

• matthewhk
                • Jan 2007

good to see you around, ionn.

haven't seen the Nic Cage movie but that must be really something, Rick Owens making its way into a mainstream hollywood film.

In that pic of Rick above, what jeans are those? From his own line? The only jeans i've seen him do were all distressed though...that's an awesome fit. Love the biker jacket w/ layered t-shirts as well.

Comment

• goethe
                  • Oct 2006

I have to warned you guys about the stitching of RO.. I have them came undone on two of the leather jacket and had to get it re-sewn.. so watch out!!!

guhhhh the same thing happened to me!!! i bought his leather from lvr and the shoulder seam just ripped apart. on both shoulders. and the jacket is a size bigger so its not like the size is the issue. if anyone else buys RO leather make sure to have a tailor open the shoulder seam and just re-sew it tighter and more efficient.

other than that its one amazing jacket.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]

good to see you around, ionn.

haven't seen the Nic Cage movie but that must be really something, Rick Owens making its way into a mainstream hollywood film.

In that pic of Rick above, what jeans are those? From his own line? The only jeans i've seen him do were all distressed though...that's an awesome fit. Love the biker jacket w/ layered t-shirts as well.

[/quote]

It's no surprise at all. He had excellent connections in LA, plenty of celebs wore his stuff before he got famous.

I'm sorry to hear your trouble goethe and ionn.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ionn26
                      • Feb 2007

Goethe... I am glad to hear that I am not the only one encountering this problem.. I am suspecting if it is poor craftmanship that is coming from China. The one that I got from LVR actually just did not sew together.. when I saw it first I thought I ripped it but on close inspection it just stopped and had the big hole, looked like they ran out of thread and could not be bother to finish it... The other one just simply ripping...

Yes and I still can't complain that his jackets I still love very much for some weird reason.. everyone has told me this season the leather jacket is cut smaller.. so I ordered one size up from LVR.. and it was loose on me ie size Large and I actually have also gained like 15 pounds of weight and it was still loose on me.. but my past season Rick Owens' leather jacket I had it in Medium and it is now TIGHT... lol

What am I going to do with all these crazy and unstable sizing??(it is rhetorical question btw)

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="ionn26"]

Goethe... I am glad to hear that I am not the only one encountering this problem.. I am suspecting if it is poor craftmanship that is coming from China. The one that I got from LVR actually just did not sew together.. when I saw it first I thought I ripped it but on close inspection it just stopped and had the big hole, looked like they ran out of thread and could not be bother to finish it... The other one just simply ripping...

Yes and I still can't complain that his jackets I still love very much for some weird reason.. everyone has told me this season the leather jacket is cut smaller.. so I ordered one size up from LVR.. and it was loose on me ie size Large and I actually have also gained like 15 pounds of weight and it was still loose on me.. but my past season Rick Owens' leather jacket I had it in Medium and it is now TIGHT... lol

What am I going to do with all these crazy and unstable sizing??(it is rhetorical question btw)

[/quote]

From what I hear everything is done in a small factory in Italy from scratch. Rick actually spends about 10 months out of a year there, he makes all the samples himself (his team consists of one assistant). He's in Paris basically on weekends and for the shows.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

^ if that's true, I respect the man even more! To be that hands on with both a menswear and womenswear AND now a fur line is impressive to say the least.

Too bad not so many other designers are so dedicated.

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

Not sure if this is the right place or not, but I have been looking for these shirts for a while now and I am wondering where to really find them?

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

^ email those photos to the guys at Atelier. I think they stock the second one you have photo'd there at least!

Hope you score em!

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

the cut of those shirts look so ridiculous without them being worn on a human.
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎