• Ahimsa
    Vegan Police
    • Sep 2011

RICK OWENS: FURNITURE
    StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• aussy
      • Jul 2011

Cheers, received mine the other day, I was sick of constantly Google image searching

I hope MOCA continues this process series, I can only listen to curators and academics analyze and disect for so long

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

RICK OWENS: MY LIBRARY

Images of Rick Owens’s library from StyleZeitgeist print Volume 5.
        StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• aussy
          • Jul 2011

KCRW/NPR interview on the exhibit and more
          starts at 11:50
          Last edited by aussy; 04-13-2017, 10:26 PM.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by aussy View Post
            Cheers, received mine the other day, I was sick of constantly Google image searching

I hope MOCA continues this process series, I can only listen to curators and academics analyze and disect for so long
            How is the book? I'm a bit on the fence of purchasing it myself. Loved the Rizzoli book he put out a few years ago.

Comment

• aussy
              • Jul 2011

I never buy books and currently own less than a handful, but at the Amazon price this purchase was a no brainer. The book extensively catalogs their work from inception (including prototypes) until I'd say late 2015 (so no NY flagship pieces, some of my favorite). There are also photos of Michelle Lamy in her element, construction and installation of the pieces (half of which I'd say are throwaways but these make up a minority of the content), and excerpts from interviews. The layout design on a few of the pages is a little too highschool poetry mag for me, but most of it sticks to your typical art book format (large photo + white margin + small text || full spread).

Comment

• Nickefuge
                • Nov 2014

I was wondering: What’s the situation with Rick and Moldova? We had a discussion on SZ about it a while ago. Are current season leather items still being made there?
                "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                -Paris Hilton

Comment

• MSMMode
                  • Oct 2015

Hey
                  Do you guys know if there is a playlist of SS13 Matthew stone, How do you feel? I know there is a vinyl out there, but have a hard time finding the songs

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MSMMode View Post
                    Hey
                    Do you guys know if there is a playlist of SS13 Matthew stone, How do you feel? I know there is a vinyl out there, but have a hard time finding the songs
                    I know there is a Black Asteroid mix, that's on his mix for StyleZeitgeist magazine.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Nickefuge
                      • Nov 2014

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                      I was wondering: What’s the situation with Rick and Moldova? We had a discussion on SZ about it a while ago. Are current season leather items still being made there?
                      Ok so apparently DRKSHDW is now being produced entirely in Moldova. I guess I’ll stick to older seasons and the second hand market now. :/

(Picture by Ad Lau from the Rick Owens Buy/Sell/Trade Facebook page)
                      "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                      -Paris Hilton

Comment

• aussy
                        • Jul 2011

"RICK AND MICHELE WILL BE SIGNING COPIES OF THE NEW FURNITURE BOOK, PUBLISHED BY RIZZOLI, AT RICKOWENSSTORENEWYORK TOMORROW NIGHT, SATURDAY 29 APRIL, 7-8PM. 30 HOWARD ST, NEW YORK 10013"

Comment

• goldsamxo
                          • Jan 2017

*Editing post after event*

One of the weirdest run events I've ever been to. Met Rick & Michelle, got some advice on college from Rick and Michelle kissed me, so sweet & nice. But man, the event was handled so oddly.
                          Last edited by goldsamxo; 04-29-2017, 09:26 PM.
                          Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                          Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• PurpleJesuss
                            • May 2014

Originally posted by goldsamxo View Post

But man, the event was handled so oddly.
                            can you elaborate?

Comment

• goldsamxo
                              • Jan 2017

Originally posted by PurpleJesuss View Post
                              can you elaborate?
                              So this is from my personal experience of what happened. Got there around 6:15, wasn't far back in line at all. People were let in for the VIP event. 7 rolls around and the first couple people in line go in (maybe around 30), and I'm right up at the door. Wait till about 7:30 where one of the workers comes out & says Rick won't be able to sign anymore, but you can go in to purchase if you'd like. My friend Rachel wanted to see the store anyways, so we went in. We saw the stairwell with people past it, so we walked up it & randomly sat along the wall. I know a friend who works there, and asked him what's going on, and he had no clue but said we could meet him. Waited till about 8:15 when we finally got into the line & slowly moved until we met him around 9:30.
                              Amazing guy, Michele was lovely. Just the event was handled oddly in my opinion - still lucky we tried though, since we got to meet them.
                              Also - there was no air-condition and I sweat like a pig roast.
                              Originally Posted by Latoya Sizemore View Post

It would be great if one cane wear little bit loose T-shirts with some great prints like marijuana leaves, cannabis, weeds etc.
                              Most of the youngsters will like to wear fashionable and chill clothing, which give a great looks to youngsters.

Comment

• maybe
                                • Apr 2017

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                                Ok so apparently DRKSHDW is now being produced entirely in Moldova. I guess I’ll stick to older seasons and the second hand market now. :/

(Picture by Ad Lau from the Rick Owens Buy/Sell/Trade Facebook page)
                                From the look of it, not everything from the SS DRKSHDW run is Moldovan made. A significant portion (if not all) of the shirts, hoodies, and jackets are still made in Italy. Those cropped drawstring pants and a pair or two of other pod shorts are made in Moldova.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎