X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • J_J
    • Apr 2008

Re: RICK OWENS

something else I was thinking about was, instead of getting the $$ beforehand, I could text message you the price right on the spot with proxy fees and everything included and you can say y/n... the only problem would be the time difference :P

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Give this girl a chance. Her 2 minute assessment is probably not very accurate. Let her go back when she has an hour or more, and look at everything carefully. Then you can get paranoid.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

like i said, be my guest, prove me wrong. i don't know JJ, but i prefer to play Indiana Jones myself.
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• jak1
          • Dec 2007

the RO sizing is all over the map .. and same for quality.. Olmar and mirta deals are probably great if you are there is person.. but, as I have seen with yoox and a certain NY discount store.. sizing is random from piece to piece.. the the quality of leathers is a wide range.. I would rather pay 25% more and get the right item.. or buy in SZ classifieds if the precise measurements and details were available.. otherwise the flexibility would lead to uncertainty in my opinion.. .

Comment

• Chinorlz
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

the river came up w a DrKshdW s/s green tee....looks like you gotta straight buddy...drkshdw white pants, waxed jacket, l/s sheer, and s/s pearl t..

well, i only got two pair, ccp overlock, fencing, drkshdw green tee, RO white leather, RO black leather...

damn, you cleaned me out!! or is that a full house :)

[/quote]

This is a tough call... but I think the 4 of a kind leather beats a Rick full house?

I guess I should call it a night and go work the street until I can get enough money to get home.... Vegas claims another soul!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

I pm'd sent.

P.S. Pnizzle-rizzle, I think the Olmar & Mirta factory is in Italy.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• laika
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Actually, if you can
                also explain in the Rick Owens thread why you see him as campy, I would
                like that as well. [51]

[/quote]

Well, for starters, we have the words of the man himself. From the hintmag interview:

Editors seem intent on waving the goth banner over you. Do you hate that?

It doesn't bother me, but sometimes I wonder if they know my
                aesthetic is more camp than gothy. I'm just a big drama queen, but more
                queen than drama. My look is about an appreciation of teenage angst
                without actually having the angst. It's more objective than personal. I
                just ran across an article about Serge Lutens, the guy who did the
                make-up for Shiseido ads during the 70s and 80s. I was thinking I
                really want to know this guy. Or be this guy. We have so many of the
                same aesthetic touchstones. He was really into J.K. Huysmans, who wrote
                Against the Grain, in which the main character Des Eissantes locked
                himself in an ivory tower collecting Gustav Moreau paintings, ivory
                snuffboxes and perfumes. I love the idea of an obsessive and sickly
                queen tucked away in his silk-lined bedroom.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

I still don't see how he manifests it with his clothes though. [72]
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

hmm...well, that doesn't bode too well for the argument that Rick's clothes are an extension of his persona. [76]

I'll say more later, but I wanted to mention that I started liking Rick a lot more when I realized he was being campy--that he has a sense of humor--and not just another uber-serious dark lord. My appreciation for Nick Cave developed out of a similar realization.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

drkshdw white jeans (i think these are it) that a lot of forum members love

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

drkshdw white jeans (i think these are it) that a lot of forum members love

thanks Joey.........I have these Jeans in Dark Blue, which i am wearing right now..........I like these, but dont think i can bring myself to wearing a pair of white Jeans......... this is one of the things i can appreciate on someone else but cant see myself wearing.

[/quote]
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

holy shit. those actually look really fucking good!!!!

I can see why you are kicking yourself about em Cas.

Do they fit true to size (for those that have tried em)? Maybe have to resort to the land of the rising sun.....

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• AX-OV
                            • Feb 2008

STILL looking for the damn RO heels.. anyone know anyone?? Buying them from the store in Pairs is a bit much for me right now. USED would be perfect.. LES wont let his go :(... speaking of.. Where has Les been?

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

holy shit. those actually look really fucking good!!!!

I can see why you are kicking yourself about em Cas.

Do they fit true to size (for those that have tried em)? Maybe have to resort to the land of the rising sun.....

[/quote]

Yea man, they are dope. I might have to go through Japan land as well....

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• xcoldricex
                                • Sep 2006

whoa. nice! i was just abou to look for some grey denim too

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎