Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickefuge
    • Nov 2014

There’s one thing that’s starting to annoy me about the construction of some RO garments. On one hand, I think it’s a nice little act of rebellion to treat all silhouettes equally, e.g. same inside pockets on all jackets, buttons on all pants etc. But on the other hand, this is also what frustrates me sometimes.
    I think there are pieces where the actual garment should’ve been taken into consideration some more. For example, why should a down jacket have the signature high and narrow armholes? It’s not practical at all, but it’s a characteristic all RO jackets have, so it must be this way. Same goes for some fabrics that just don’t work with certain pieces or could work if the garment itself was altered (reinforced seams on stress points etc.).

What do you think?
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I know what you are saying. I don't understand why the sleeves have to so damn long on everything. But that's Rick's vision. And I am sure sales are lost because of that. I kind of respect that.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
        There’s one thing that’s starting to annoy me about the construction of some RO garments. On one hand, I think it’s a nice little act of rebellion to treat all silhouettes equally, e.g. same inside pockets on all jackets, buttons on all pants etc. But on the other hand, this is also what frustrates me sometimes.
        I think there are pieces where the actual garment should’ve been taken into consideration some more. For example, why should a down jacket have the signature high and narrow armholes? It’s not practical at all, but it’s a characteristic all RO jackets have, so it must be this way. Same goes for some fabrics that just don’t work with certain pieces or could work if the garment itself was altered (reinforced seams on stress points
        etc.).

What do you think?

I don't know if this is the case but im sure some production people might know.
        lean manufacturing and lean principles, where it increases the quality and the efficiency of the product when parts of a garment, such as button fly, types of buttons, inner pocket construction etc are all the same across sizes and across seasons etc as much as possible
        in such a case you do not need to make a new pattern or teach production people a new way of making an inner pocket every season.
        as such production is more efficient in terms of time, better in quality because the repetition by the same people minimizes mistakes etc...

A lot of car manufacturers do this, and Toyota perfected this philosophy to become the most successful car company around
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

That does make sense.

"Rick Owens – the Toyota of fashion"
          "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• uihasissues
            • Jul 2017

Rick would die ! If he heard that lol

Comment

• HOCHIMINH
              • Nov 2016

Not sure what is going on with QC of newer products lately I read some posts here and there about it having gone downhill then right when I got back home I noticed that the sole of my Tractor Dunks was beginning to seperate from the body of the shoe itself. Not mad...just sad.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by HOCHIMINH View Post
                Not sure what is going on with QC of newer products lately I read some posts here and there about it having gone downhill then right when I got back home I noticed that the sole of my Tractor Dunks was beginning to seperate from the body of the shoe itself. Not mad...just sad.
                Honestly, it's always been all over the place, from fantastic to mediocre.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                  • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  Honestly, it's always been all over the place, from fantastic to mediocre.
                  my kiss boots broke on the first wear, the pressure crushes the sole in a way where it balloons out and rips, and im in no way a big boi
                  Originally posted by unwashed
                  Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                  Originally posted by Ahimsa
                  I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• haydn
                    • Feb 2013

Any idea what year / season this drkshdw jacket is from?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

I think it's like from four years ago. I love that jacket, but can never find it.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• julian_doe
                        • Mar 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        I think it's like from four years ago. I love that jacket, but can never find it.

I might be wrong, but I think that this may be from Moody or Faun. SUCH a sick jacket.

Comment

• Auswahlaxiom
                          • Dec 2015

Originally posted by haydn View Post
                          Any idea what year / season this drkshdw jacket is from?
                          That waxed version is from Sphinx, FW15. I've seen people describe it as the "lung" jacket so try that as a keyword. There's also one in size 48 on eBay that's been there forever.

Comment

• haydn
                            • Feb 2013

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline
                            my kiss boots broke on the first wear, the pressure crushes the sole in a way where it balloons out and rips, and im in no way a big boi
                            What part of the sole? Kind of shitty if it’s a design flaw.

I haven’t worn mine yet, but I see Marc Jacobs running sprints on the runway in the red version on Instagram.

Comment

• haydn
                              • Feb 2013

I saw a Rotterdam leather jacket (padded version from Sisyphus) and noticed that the zips weren't raccagni, but rather Rick Owens branded on the back. I haven't seen this before - but also haven't purchased anything with a zip from Rick in the past year. Is he manufacturing his own zips now in house?

Comment

• supercilious
                                • Apr 2014

Originally posted by haydn View Post
                                I saw a Rotterdam leather jacket (padded version from Sisyphus) and noticed that the zips weren't raccagni, but rather Rick Owens branded on the back. I haven't seen this before - but also haven't purchased anything with a zip from Rick in the past year. Is he manufacturing his own zips now in house?
                                More than likely they are still Racagni, but with custom pulls

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎