X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ionn26
    • Feb 2007

Re: RICK OWENS

Actually like Cas says and Atelier mentioned..RO does have different version of the leather.. .nothing really is as stiff as the CCP leather. The stiff leather for RO.. my problem is that when you touch it if feels like a leather that is made in China(ie the leather comes from China but it is made in Italy), thats where I have issues with the stiff leather.

I also have the soft one.. and it was from 2-3 seasons ago called blistered lamb.. and it is truly soft and VERY VERY nice to take travelling with you, because it is light weight, and has the leather look with a shine to it.. and buttery soft... my fave leather so far.

Comment

• jj.still
      • Dec 2006

wondering if someone has seen this jacket in reality.

from RO site..

Comment

• Casius
        • Dec 2006

jj- read a few pages back, I'm pretty sure Albert (Chinorlz) mentioned seeing it and that it's maybe one of the best jacket buys from RO. I'd love to check it out too, hopefully someone picks it up in the States.
        "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

yeah they have it at RO Paris (well... they did about 3 weeks ago) and it is definitely one of the best buys this season! I don't know why it's so inexpensive. It's a very large and substantial jacket.... probably one of the nicest "deep winter" coats I've seen around!

With that one and the fur collared one, you'd be set for ages. I too am hoping maybe someone in the states picks up that piece... I'd consider picking it up at that great price! I'm damn near certain it'd be a piece that Barneys would get... but I could be wrong hehehe

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chim
            • Dec 2006

well i'm happy to announce that I have finally joined the Rick Owens club. I originally bought a soft washed calf black jacket from matches, but it came with holes in it so that got returned. They had a stiffer rick owens in stock in an olive color, so I went ahead and grabbed that one to see if it was any good.

As someone who's handled both, I must say that both jackets are equally phenomenal. The soft black calf leather was unbelievably soft and fit like a sweater, and would have been ideal in traveling environments. However, this new stiff calf (or horsehide?) jacket is pretty unbelievable. The leather has much more texture and substance to it than the softer version, and to my surprise doesnt feel like a cheap made in china leather at all. It has a phenomenal sheen and really rich depth of color to it. The sleeves actually still bunch up, but looks way cooler because it holds its shape even when you take it off. It looks unbelievable zipped up (i kind of looked like a sausage in the soft calf) because its more structured (and SLIGHTLY more forgiving in the chest). When I wear it up it is very reminiscent of some of Carol's stiff structured pieces.

My favorite part of the jacket is the quality of the leather used. The back is one SOLID piece of leather with 4 darts that shape the jacket. The front panels are two solid pieces of leather joined by the zipper, and the sleeves are formed by two long pieces of leather sewn together at the ends. It has MINIMAL detailing, but yet the fit is fabulous and looks incredible.

I've owned various leather jackets and this one has got to be my favorite. Thanks for introducing me to such a great designer SZ.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

Very nice Chim! Glad you're stoked on it and I would love to see a picture if you get a chance. I wanna see what the color looks like. [:)]

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Congrats, Chim!
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                  ventiundici
                  • Dec 2006

man I'm really hoping they have this jacket at the RO store when I go there, my favorite from this season

/ end random daydreaming ;)

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

Mike, I'm sure you'll find it there! It's a nice and simple looking jacket, I like that. Also digging the neckline on it.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Good choice, mike. The jacket is perfect, simple, but the quality of leather speaks for itself, and the nice steel chunky zipper gives it just that tiny little extra something that will turn people's heads (sometimes even without knowing why).
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chim
                        • Dec 2006

Here is a pretty bad picture, I'll try to get some detailed closeups. The grain in the leather is phenomenal. Color is pretty accurate, it is a rich deep olive color.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

fits you very well! i like it.
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

That does fit you great and I love the color, very nice and subtle hint of olive. Congrats.

Comment

• winQ
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2006

Glad the new leather worked out chim.
                              I'm in the same boat as chim and ordered the one from matches, mine was
                              in perfect condition, but I have to voice my complete dissatisfaction
                              of the soft RO leathers.

Am I the only one underwhelmed by the soft ro leather? The leather is
                              so thin and fragile. In comparison, the stiff calf leather is MUCH more
                              substantial, it even feels better to the touch (imo), and is a leather
                              jacket I can probably wear for years and it'll age nicely as well.

On the other hand, the soft leather will probably self destruct
                              after a seasons wear. the leather itself feels flimsy and almost
                              pleather-like to me. I can't believe RO charges $2k retail for that
                              piece of junk.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Faust and Cas, exactly my thoughts. I also really like the cuff details :)

chim, looks very sharp!

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎