X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by veos View Post
    agreed, real shell just does not crease like that. these days too many people just use cordovan and horse leather interchangeably
    First thing I noticed as well. Way too fine of wrinkles on what are supposed to be brand spanking new footwear lets me know they are not shell. Yes, true they never said "shell cordovan" on their description, but the way the description is written, it is certainly constructed to fool folks into thinking that "cordovan" and the few tanneries in the world that really create shell cordovan are one and the same.
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• stemcell
      • Jul 2011

Originally posted by veos View Post
      agreed, real shell just does not crease like that.
      I'm not remotely an expert on cordovan, but this was my immediate first thought as well.

Comment

• Nomadic Planet
        • Dec 2012

yesterday Rick and Michelle were at the Paris store for a book signing event. Went there to buy the book, get an autograph, chat a couple of minutes with the Dark Lord and his wife. I even had him speak some words in spanish (cause rick's mom is mexican, so is mine).
        took some shitty pics with my iPhone, which I posted on the RO Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/rick...99201628235463

(I hope I got that link right, not sure about how to copy-paste a whole post link from FB).

Comment

• Nickefuge
          • Nov 2014

*sighs*

"The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
          -Paris Hilton

Comment

• ian+
            • Dec 2011

A documentary by Jan Sharp detailing the early lives and collections of Rick Owens, as well as his wife and muse, Michele Lamy.

...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

I have the DVD . Didn't know it's online now. Been trying to stage a screening in New York of it forever.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ian+
                • Dec 2011

Great work, where did you get the dvd from?
                ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ian+ View Post
                  Great work, where did you get the dvd from?
                  Amazon, believe it or not!
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• oscarperress
                    • Nov 2015

I am not too sure if this is right thread, but it said it was a thread for all things Rick Owens, so thus I find my self here. I was wondering whether any body here could give me a hand in identifying the season of this jacket, I have tried to do the tag code thing but am still at a loss and everyone I have talked to so far has estimated but I was wondering whether any one could give me the specific season! Any help very much appreciated (Also I apologise for the poor image quality)

Here is the link to the folder of photos:( as I could not quite crack the method of uploading them)

Access Google Drive with a Google account (for personal use) or Google Workspace account (for business use).

Comment

• ashamed
                      • Jan 2011

between 2002(probably earlier) - 2005 the details didnt really change too much ei. the grommets on the arm pits the neck guard buttons the breast pocket still present and the completely working cuff buttons (as opposed to the 3 functional and 2 non functional).. there was always a pretty large collection outside of what was shown on the runway and not so much documentation (as far as i know) of the extent of what was available.

outside of an educated estimate I would be surprised if you could find for certain which season its from. my guess would either be trucker or more likely moog as the most of the mens things i have seen from moog have these exact grommets. later than 2005 you start to see the brand code in a way that makes it easier to date, (that being said the exact buttons used here are present on some things i have seen from drake 2007 but its not from that season.)

edit:
                      actually as a second thought im almost certain its from queen 2004

Comment

• oscarperress
                        • Nov 2015

thank you very much for your help! i suspected that it was pre 2007, but its nice to have a much more cemented idea! I find it super fascinating to learn about all the specific, technical details that are used to identify the pieces, they are like lil clues left behind for a trained eye.

Comment

• MSMMode
                          • Oct 2015

Question:
                          If you had a album "How do you feel" by Matthew stone still in it's original packaging, would you open it to hear the wonderful sounds while lamy it croaking in the background or would you keep it not to mingle with its value, and let it collected dust

Comment

• Nickefuge
                            • Nov 2014

It’s a record. Listen to it.
                            "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
                            -Paris Hilton

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MSMMode View Post
                              Question:
                              If you had a album "How do you feel" by Matthew stone still in it's original packaging, would you open it to hear the wonderful sounds while lamy it croaking in the background or would you keep it not to mingle with its value, and let it collected dust
                              I would flip it like a Supreme hoodie.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Jeroenr
                                • May 2016

Originally posted by Nickefuge View Post
                                It’s a record. Listen to it.
                                Yeah, why not listen to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰