• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soultek
    • Feb 2007

Re: RICK OWENS SS09

[quote user="philip nod"]

so looks like nobody else has an e pinion bout the leathers this season....and i think this is just an elaborate way to get me to post a what will you be wearing in the fall, and it almost worked.

[/quote]

Went to the store today. I liked it alot. I thought the leathers looked as good as anything I've seen from Rick--not at the level of CDiem or some of the associated lines (or CCP for that matter), but pretty good. I thought it at least looked equal or better than the leather from SS08 and FW07. My thing with leather is that it shouldn't look or feel cheap and plasticy, and the current FW season leathers don't feel or look cheap IMO. I think I might be picking up the matte black leather medium collar jacket myself in the coming weeks.

Anyone notice the white leather wallet with goat-eye cockring?? that shit was nutz (pun intended)

Comment

• Re: RICK OWENS SS09

[quote user="curiouscharles"]did you manage to spot the price heirloom?
      [/quote]

530 euro I think, either 530 or 550. not sure. it was BEAUTIFUL, the knitting wasn't like ordinary stretch knit, the texture felt more like zigzag or "crepe" especially on the sleeves, if it makes sense. then there was an assymetrical strap in the back which was fastened at the collar and waist so you could fasten the front if you put it in front of you while putting it on. hard to explain, but it gave a very balanced and dynamic look to the drape, without it being too loose or in the way.

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

I liked the wallet, soultek. [Y]

The price on the cardi sounds about right.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pipcleo
          • Jan 2007

[quote user="soultek"][quote user="philip nod"]

so looks like nobody else has an e pinion bout the leathers this season....and i think this is just an elaborate way to get me to post a what will you be wearing in the fall, and it almost worked.

[/quote]

Went to the store today. I liked it alot. I thought the leathers looked as good as anything I've seen from Rick--not at the level of CDiem or some of the associated lines (or CCP for that matter), but pretty good. I thought it at least looked equal or better than the leather from SS08 and FW07. My thing with leather is that it shouldn't look or feel cheap and plasticy, and the current FW season leathers don't feel or look cheap IMO. I think I might be picking up the matte black leather medium collar jacket myself in the coming weeks.

Anyone notice the white leather wallet with goat-eye cockring?? that shit was nutz (pun intended)

[/quote]

the quality of the leather has definitely decreased these last 3-4 seasons. no question about it.

fabrication is another story

Comment

• jak1
            • Dec 2007

I saw the same 3400 leather jacket.. the one that looks like it is from a mad maxx movie with the the velcro opening pocket on the back.. they have a black and a brown version.. the collar has wool inside.. I like the big open collar.. the leather was good but not great.. the design and fabrication is amazing... seems rather odd that the arm holes are only big enough for calista flockhart or lara flynn boyle... but, if I had 3400 laying around.. i would consider buying it.

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="soultek"][quote user="philip nod"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

say what?

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

[quote user="jak1"]I saw the same 3400 leather jacket.. the one that looks like it is from a mad maxx movie with the the velcro opening pocket on the back.. they have a black and a brown version.. the collar has wool inside.. I like the big open collar.. the leather was good but not great.. the design and fabrication is amazing... seems rather odd that the arm holes are only big enough for calista flockhart or lara flynn boyle... but, if I had 3400 laying around.. i would consider buying it.[/quote]

[86]

i think the leather quality is quite nice, shiny and slightly textured. but since pip is the resident downer i'll believe him

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• AX-OV
                  • Feb 2008

PONY TRAINERS Everyone has been waiting for!
                  NEW GRAIL
                  OSTRICH ones are DOPE!

Comment

• justine
                    • Jan 2007

[quote user="Eternal"]

[/quote]I am a witness, saw it too.

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

The crepe sole will forever = cheap for me. [N]
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

ostrich boots are 6100 [89]

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

did you get that jacket (the one i posted) or another one?
                              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

thats the one. well photographed.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎