X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Re: RICK OWENS SS09

RO hi-tops are a complete rip off Nike AF1 and Lanvin are glorified Converses. Please; designers don't innovate much when it comes to sneakers.

PS: I wikipedia-ed John Mayer and this still doesn't ring a bell, not having television was the best decision I ever took (yrs ago).

Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Fuuma"]

RO hi-tops are a complete rip off Nike AF1 and Lanvin are glorified Converses. Please; designers don't innovate much when it comes to sneakers.

PS: I wikipedia-ed John Mayer and this still doesn't ring a bell, not having television was the best decision I ever took (yrs ago).

[/quote]

2nd.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

he dated jessica simpson...

"not having shopped in a supermarket in the last few years was the best decision i've made"

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

buyinga big flatscreen tv was the best decision I ever made [H]

to bea biton topic, does the nyc store have the dual layered, twisted l/s t-shirts? I'm looking for one in a dust or drkshdw colour.

oh and do they have the knit gloves? guessing those are quite pricey there?

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

buyinga big flatscreen tv was the best decision I ever made [H]

to bea biton topic, does the nyc store have the dual layered, twisted l/s t-shirts? I'm looking for one in a dust or drkshdw colour.

oh and do they have the knit gloves? guessing those are quite pricey there?

[/quote]

TV set <> Television

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

yes, they are all interpretations of existing models, often admittadly so. hedi was always in chucks, not his own designs.

and the margiela army trainers piss me off to no end. i have never seen one iota of difference between his and the real deal ones.

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="Fuuma"]

[/quote]

2nd.

[/quote]

Comment

• Diego
                • Aug 2007

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

does the nyc store have the dual layered, twisted l/s t-shirts? I'm looking for one in a dust or drkshdw colour.

[/quote]

They do have the twisted l/s tee in drkshdw and black.

Comment

• Re: RICK OWENS SS09

I spoke with a guy in store in sweden that just started stocking rick owens, and made it very clear that they should contact me when it's time to order new stuff, cause i didn't find anything outof interest. Swedes are so scared of taking in the more designed stuff. all they had was basic wear such as ls t-shirts, and parka coats. I didn't see any of the interesting stuff :( I'm so annoyed. Why would anyone pay 500 euro for a stripy sweater when you can find one in the same quality for less than half of it? If they decide to take in expensive items, shouldn't they at least make them alluring with alternative design? Everyone thinks that creative designs sell harder, but at those prices, it should be the only thing keeping people to buy them. What's your opinion?

Comment

• hiro
                    • Jul 2008

Was at Barneys the other day and tried on a couple of the Rick winter coats (wool). They fit strikingly well for the ectomorph body type (signature slim arms and high armpits). I'm usually a s-m in most jackets and the L was the best fit for me. Really amazing pieces, but hefty price tags too ($1700-$1800). Not sure if it's been mentioned in this thread yet, but I'll try to dig up some pictures.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

the thingis w that wool jacket, you think the L is the best fit, but while the arm holes feel looser, the fit through the body goes to hell. stick w your size, i know it doesn't make any sense.
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                          • Nov 2007

I'm the proud owner of the bottom half of this look.
                          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• the breaks
                            • Sep 2007

[quote user="Heirloom"]I spoke with a guy in store in sweden that just started stocking rick owens, and made it very clear that they should contact me when it's time to order new stuff, cause i didn't find anything outof interest. Swedes are so scared of taking in the more designed stuff. all they had was basic wear such as ls t-shirts, and parka coats. I didn't see any of the interesting stuff :( I'm so annoyed. Why would anyone pay 500 euro for a stripy sweater when you can find one in the same quality for less than half of it? If they decide to take in expensive items, shouldn't they at least make them alluring with alternative design? Everyone thinks that creative designs sell harder, but at those prices, it should be the only thing keeping people to buy them. What's your opinion?
                            [/quote]

I was very surprised to find RO at NK when I was in Stockholm last month. They didn't have anything particularly exciting but it was cool to see his stuff being sold in our neck of the woods. Need to visit again soon ;)

Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Magician
                              • Jul 2008

Hey, I want to pull the trigger on one of the DRKSHDW t-shirts from yoox and was wondering if anyone can guide me size-wise. (Small v. medium)

I'm about a US 38, and I have some Margiela outerwear that fits perfectly in a 38. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of experience with the sizing on these higher-end brands.

Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• pipcleo
                                • Jan 2007

hanging crotch sweatpants look great

could live in those

sit nice with the boots too

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰