• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Piffen
    • Aug 2007

Re: RICK OWENS SS09

[quote user="Heirloom"]

The sales are poor cause there hasn't been a real winter, so everyone are slow with the season shopping, which makes the stores panic and sale out too quick too much, and that combined with having too little creativity put into their assortment considering the pricetags makes people less keen on buying the rare pieces (they'd hurry if they knew they'd never find anything like it) and shop like crazy on sales instead.

Black Market is the only business that is growing now, which would be because they have a wilder assortment, so that people will have to buy it in season to get their hands on what they want

I'm sure things would go better if they went more adventurous.

[/quote]

You're talking about R.O. a/w 08 and P&F? Do you mean they're marking down a/w 08, that s/s 08 could be used in winter time or perhaps that they put all the a/w 08 stuff out at once? I don't get what you're saying. [76]

Wouldn't it be strange for P&F to buy anything but what they bought? I'd say they bought what you'd expect them to buy considering their store profile.

Black market carry brands that are known to most scandinavians and brands that on top of that are cheaper.. But they depend on those brands being sold at retail, my guess is that a store like P&F are trying to create a hype in order to sell Eton and Marc by Marc Jacobs or whatever they're carying, by bringing in R.O., I don't think they depend on the R.O. being sold at retail, or sold at all for that matter.. Sweden isn't ready for Reeeijk O'. Someone please prove me wrong.^^

Comment

• Piffen
      • Aug 2007

[quote user="bestial"][quote user="Piffen"]

Hmm.. They told me the leather jackets sold well, wasn't it only those nylon jackets that made it to the sales?

Does JUS even carry the main line? I thought they only carried Drkshdw?

I don't think there's a market for this stuff in Sweden, especially not now when stores are closing due to poor sales.. But time will tell for sure.

[/quote]

Well, could be, I wasn't there when the sales started, but the week before I copped a tank top and left like 4-5 hanging together with the nylons one leather and a striped tee, can't really say how much they had in the beginning of the season. It's only my bias of stores getting in small shipments. But I guess they could've carried the whole line and had RO haning in the whole store for what I know.[73]

And yeah, your right, JUS only carries DRKSHW, but I mostly had in mind that JUS also have other brands, and that I think they carries the more out of reach designs, wasn't really talking specifik about RO (which would be the case in this thread, but felt it was more of an overall Sweden-suckifucki-store-question).

[/quote]

Haha, no, they had a very limited stock but if they sold all leathers but one before sales time I'd say they did very well since they bought quite a few. Surprised that's all that was left one week before the sales started, they didn't even haveany of those sportswear trousers left? Good job. Perhaps there'sa market after all, haha.

Haha, yeah suckifucki-store-question 4-sure. I think JUS suckifucki very much. They buy some nice mens, but most of their stuff is boooring, at least to me, which is kind of sad since they certainly have the potential, and I suppose, the ambition. Perhaps they live in fear. All hail Darth Sidious!

Comment

• Re: RICK OWENS SS09

Sorry. typing hastily. What I was talking about was earlier seasons which has made both Leshop and Nitty Gritty close. The winter has been warm, so people have been slow on shopping winter clothes, which makes people wait for sales, and then shop like crazy. the stores are afraid they won't sell enough so they start the sales earlier to get rid of everything, and it's a vicious circle. I'm hoping this season will sell well, cause if we all get together, we could get P&F to make some more adventurous orders. I told them about this place, and to keep track of what people here like, and mentioned some friends in the sthlm neighbourhood who likes RO.

Comment

• Piffen
          • Aug 2007

[quote user="Heirloom"]Sorry. typing hastily. What I was talking about was earlier seasons which has made both Leshop and Nitty Gritty close. The winter has been warm, so people have been slow on shopping winter clothes, which makes people wait for sales, and then shop like crazy. the stores are afraid they won't sell enough so they start the sales earlier to get rid of everything, and it's a vicious circle. I'm hoping this season will sell well, cause if we all get together, we could get P&F to make some more adventurous orders. I told them about this place, and to keep track of what people here like, and mentioned some friends in the sthlm neighbourhood who likes RO.
          [/quote]

Gotcha.

Hell yeah bro, show em the love!

Comment

• Re: RICK OWENS SS09

YA!

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

do you still have this xl you speak of by any chance? don't know if anyone has called dibs/shown interest.

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="soultek"]^ yep, that's the one I want. at 3.4k I'm looking pretty hard at the similar S/S one for 1k less. This picture make the leather look shinier than the one i saw at the NYC store. Might be the flash or a different leather treatment.
              [/quote]

What's your size, soultek? Got a black RO leather in XL for sale at less than half of this (haven't posted it yet).

[/quote]

Comment

• Avyer
                • Dec 2007

[quote user="kunk75"]

do you still have this xl you speak of by any chance? don't know if anyone has called dibs/shown interest.

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="soultek"]^ yep, that's the one I want. at 3.4k I'm looking pretty hard at the similar S/S one for 1k less. This picture make the leather look shinier than the one i saw at the NYC store. Might be the flash or a different leather treatment.
                [/quote]

What's your size, soultek? Got a black RO leather in XL for sale at less than half of this (haven't posted it yet).

[/quote][/quote]

http://stylezeitgeist.com/forums/thread/120917.aspx

Not sure if he's still got it or not, but there is the thread for it.

Remember, be here now.

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

much obliged

Comment

• the breaks
                    • Sep 2007

There's no way that thing will fit you [72]
                    Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

agreed. hoping the ny store has xxl in stock.

Comment

• Magician
                        • Jul 2008

Has anyone else seen the Diesel sneakers that are a pretty direct copy of the Rick Owens trainers?

pretty damn obnoxious.

Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

yea it has been discussed in this thread a few times, check back some pages

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• soultek
                            • Feb 2007

[quote user="kunk75"]agreed. hoping the ny store has xxl in stock.[/quote]

NY store only carries up to XL, although XXL jackets have existed in the past. Karlo said some of the jackets this season are more generously cut in the shoulder area.

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

thanks. going to try the shirt-collared jacket with the back slit tomorrow.

Comment

• Magician
                                • Jul 2008

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

yea it has been discussed in this thread a few times, check back some pages

[/quote]

hah. thanks. Sorry to be such a newb.

Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎