X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: RICK OWENS

Just like the RO high heel boots! I don't think any other store in the US stocks those and A sells those like hot cakes. heheh They definitely seem to have a wide variety of customers. Most stores buy the safe stuff, they buy the 'cool' stuff. :)
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
      • Aug 2007

[quote user="Casius"][quote user="Faust"]Barneys RO buy is beyond awful. I think their buyer is blind.
      [/quote]

Interesting, what's thier buy like?

Philip- I'm not sure of the style code/name. I got those pictures off a Japanese website. :)
      [/quote]

cas-could you reveal your source?
      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="Casius"]A few more;

[/quote]

I got my black one and its actually this one. I dont know if the LVR pic is off the same, if it is they managed to make the collar look very skinny compared to what it is. the problem I have with it is that it looks pretty sloppy worn open :P

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• CHRIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Casius"]I definitely agree about A. A's Rick Owens' buy was pretty good, except I'm surprised they didn't pick up more leather jackets. I'm still after that moleskin bomber they have though....so nice![/quote]

It's funny how aesthetic works for different people. For example, take that Ann Demeulemeester shawl collar vest that Atelier sold out of within a couple of weeks. That thing was just screaming at me off the runway - and yet, except Komakino, I don't know of a single other store that bought it. Bizarre.
          [/quote]

madison barneys didnt have them? the one in beverly hills did. oh, and fred segal. but then again, fred segal doesnt necessarily select good pieces, they just buy everything.

Comment

• Casius
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="CHRIS"][quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="Casius"]I definitely agree about A. A's Rick Owens' buy was pretty good, except I'm surprised they didn't pick up more leather jackets. I'm still after that moleskin bomber they have though....so nice![/quote]

It's funny how aesthetic works for different people. For example, take that Ann Demeulemeester shawl collar vest that Atelier sold out of within a couple of weeks. That thing was just screaming at me off the runway - and yet, except Komakino, I don't know of a single other store that bought it. Bizarre.
            [/quote]

madison barneys didnt have them? the one in beverly hills did. oh, and fred segal. but then again, fred segal doesnt necessarily select good pieces, they just buy everything.

[/quote]

Chris, your talking about the Ann piece correct, not RO?

Comment

• CHRIS
              Banned
              • Dec 2006

yea, im talking about ann. they even had the white vest with black piping!

one of the SA's that works there has a penchant for RO and pulls it off better than anyone i've seen! you should go check him out, haha.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

haha, really? I actually havent seen too many stylish SA's there the few times I've been. I wish they would carry RO; I might have to make a trip up to SF to see what they have.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

[quote user="CHRIS"][quote user="Faust"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Nope. Neither did on in Boston.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                    ventiundici
                    • Dec 2006

completelyirrelevant observation: whenever I read Rick Owens' name somewhere, in my mind I pronounce it like a french person would [^o)]

I think I began doing that when I was wondering how it would sound in french and it stuck in my head

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

LOL

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

So I tried on the RO trainers today and they are so dope! I didn't however like the color (darkshadow) so I passed, but with the zipper half zipped and the tongue tucked into pants, they look fantastic! I just can't do the tongue-out-of-the-pants look, it's just not me. But otherwise, I'm impressed with them.

Time to start seeing who has black/white...

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

you mean, rriq oeveen trainers?

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

you mean, rriq oeveen trainers?

[/quote]

i'm lucky i just took a piss before reading this

Comment

• Tiger
                              Banned
                              • Sep 2006

Mr. Owens is in town baby! I think it's his first visit ever since he left for Paris awhile back.

He's going to visit us at work this week with his 'wife'. I'll definitely be star struck ;P

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

or atleast struck [73]

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎