X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnny
    • Sep 2006

Re: RICK OWENS

I had a weird experience with Rick Owens once, which wasn't as bad as its sounds....read on. I was in Paris this summer, and went to the Palais Royal shop. There were no people there other than the sales assistants and....what appeared to be Rick standing motionless on a shelf (about chest hight off the floot) behind the till/sales point. I assumed that it was some kind of plastic or wax model of him, which would have been weird enough. But I'm sure it was him! The thing is, no one was looking at it/him - all the sales assistants were just going around doing the usual, not even acknoweldging his/its existence. I was so freaked, that I didn't want to ask. So i just pretended to be cool, walked around a bit, looked at a few slouchy tees,occassionally glancing up, surreptitiously, at the Rick, thinking...what the feck is going on here, and whay the feck am I not asking what is going on here.....and then I just left, with a merci au revoir. Actually now that I'm writing this, it sounds so implausible I wonder whether it actually happened.

Comment

• klangspiel
      • Apr 2007

you didn't poke? :)

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

I dunno if youre joking or not, but thats a wax model standing on the window sill

haha Rick standing there motionless and shirtless would be pretty funny though [74]

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Johnny
          • Sep 2006

No, not joking. Is it really? I'm relieved in a way, although I feela bit silly!So there is a full size wax model of him in the window?! What the fuck for?To my mind that's only marginally less weird, and considerably more egomaniacal,than if it were him.

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]To my mind that's only marginally less weird, and considerably more egomaniacal,than if it were him.[/quote]

hahaha thats true :D

who knows, hes an odd guy, he probablyhas one at home as well

"AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

[quote user="Johnny"]To my mind that's only marginally less weird, and considerably more egomaniacal,than if it were him.[/quote]

hahaha thats true :D

who knows, hes an odd guy, he probablyhas one at home as well

[/quote]

it's so he can practice blowing his brains out

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• therapysessions
                • Jul 2007

Really? I checked them out at A and they just feel so freaking cheap to me. Totally not worth dropping a grand for an oversized tongue. Lanvin trainers with the patent leather toe interest me a lot more.

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

I actually would say they are way more expensive than Lanvin's sneakers. The quality of leather is fantastic, the side zip incorporated into the side is a costly detail, and the stitching/paneling detail on the shoe is pretty intricate. The only thing I would say looks a little weird is the foxing on the shoe and the crepe sole but other than that they are quality.

With all that said though, I am opting for the Lanvin's as well. [75] Price to quality ratio is nice on them and the look is a little less extreme compared to the RO sneakers.
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Komakino
                    • Sep 2007

Casius

Komakino has them in black white - only three left 41, 42 and 43

Campbell

For purchasing information please email campbell@darklandsberlin.com

Comment

• Komakino
                      • Sep 2007

I heard they have now a life size statue of him in the shop.

Campbell

For purchasing information please email campbell@darklandsberlin.com

Comment

• Honey~Blade
                        • Sep 2006

Alittle off topic, but I just had a look at Julius S/S 08 today and the footwear looks fantastic! They did some RO combat boots (with the larger tongues) retakes which looks really great. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post pics but I definitely will if I get the go ahead. Either way the pics will be in the official site and japanese blogs in the near future.

I think they're pretty sweet at 81900yen? Less than $800?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Haha, yep! They have a wax life size figure of Rick at the Jardin du Palais Royal flagship. Threw me off when I first walked it. They had a cloak wrapped around him.

The SAs don't seem to mind and find it a bit entertaining because of people's reactions. One girl even said that one day she thinks that Rick may get up there himself and stand for a while just to freak people out.

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• bakla
                            • Oct 2006

[quote user="Jun"]

Mr. Owens is in town baby! I think it's his first visit ever since he left for Paris awhile back.

He's going to visit us at work this week with his 'wife'. I'll definitely be star struck ;P

[/quote]

His 'wife'? What's with the caps? I thought he was straight. And where exactly is he visiting you? I'm afraid I'm uninformed about where you work.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

he probably put it in quotes because she's his SO and benefactor? RO is in town to receive some award apparently and stopped by a few places since he was in town. i guess he hasn't been in nyc in 6 yrs?
                              Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                                • Oct 2007

[quote user="bakla"]

His 'wife'? What's with the caps? I thought he was straight. And where exactly is he visiting you? I'm afraid I'm uninformed about where you work.

[/quote]

I remember in an interview he said he is/was Bi.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎