Page 2 of 419 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick Owens

Default Re: RICK OWENS

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

just read a short article on rick in one of the recent GQ (UKedition?)... said he started off in the fashion business as a guy who did fakes of versace clothing!!! they'd give him a coat to copy and he would do the patterns for it. hahaha.

Gotta give it to him, he's come a long way.

From the Lilies line. Lilies fabrics are pure heaven, but I'd be so afraid for them, they seem extremely delecate.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

new ss07 mens collection pictures are now up on http://www.owenscorp.eu/
    i'm really liking what i see...

The new F/W 07-08 Mens collection is up on the site and it is a must see. Check it out http://www.owenscorp.com/#

FUCK - there goes my money.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Where's carrying Rick Owens in London? I can't stand Brown's mark-up and Liberty's are a bit hopeless...
    the extraordinary metamorphosis of one black liquid into another

Rick Owens is seriously stepping up his level of creativity and quality. Those last few jackets are genius to the look, and if anything like his last collection, beautiful to the touch. I can't wait to see this in stores.

[quote user="PrinceOfCats"]Where's carrying Rick Owens in London? I can't stand Brown's mark-up and Liberty's are a bit hopeless...
    [/quote]

Those are the only two I can think of (I liked Liberty's buy much better actually). I'm surprised DSM and Library don't have him. And you know what I say, if you are really prepared to clunk down a bunch of cash, why not make a trip out of it? Your ticket to Paris + RO prices there will probably equal RO prices in London.

P.S. And there is always YOOX, and a seller called threedifferent on Ebay.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Liberty didn't seem to have it when i was there last weekend. specifically looked for it.

I'm not so sure about that aw collection...it's definately not my thing, but even so there are some dodgy looks there. Those bigfur boots?! Surely not.

Like everyone stated before I really like this collection but there are some things I would change. The first thing I would change is making the fur collar on the first leather jacket all black instead of the black and white. It is looking a little too pepe la peu for my tastes.Also like Johnny said, I would get rid of those Chewbacca boots.

[quote user="Johnny"]Liberty didn't seem to have it when i was there last weekend. specifically looked for it.[/quote]

I asked about this. They will be carrying it, it just hasn't come yet, apparently. (Also they only ordered one size of each Demeulemeester piece. Why? Why? Why?)

absolutely stunning.

[quote user="PrinceOfCats"]

[quote user="Johnny"]Liberty didn't seem to have it when i was there last weekend. specifically looked for it.[/quote]

I asked about this. They will be carrying it, it just hasn't come yet, apparently. (Also they only ordered one size of each Demeulemeester piece. Why? Why? Why?)

[/quote]

To make you buy it at retail for fear of it being gone, of course,

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

They sold out of the double-layered waistcoat in small and medium about a day after the new collection hit the floor, so their fiendish plan is looking less fiendish and more stupid... but I guess I can make another detour while I'm in Paris buying my Rick Owens.

well, until seeing that aw collection, i'd never felt the need to pick up any owens stuff. now, though... i fucking want all of it.

[quote user="explicit"]well, until seeing that aw collection, i'd never felt the need to pick up any owens stuff. now, though... i fucking want all of it.
    [/quote]

I honestly couldn't agree more.. ahaha awesome stuff

This is the cardigan that Faust mentioned earlier in this thread. Gentry at A. kindly took a picture for me. $590. Beautiful but I'm not sure if I could pull if off, nor whether it's part of my style...and with the arms cut so slim like that, how in the world does rick does fit into them?!?

Has anyone else besides Albert shortened their rick owens t? I'm thinking of getting rid of a couple of inches, but dunno if the hem will look the same.