X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Originally posted by mononon View Post
    no not that one. i think that is ghettoalazar's pair. the one i am talking about is just basically the heel part and it was replaced/resoled after being beat up. i need a pic to show to a cobbler of what i want done, since i have reached the second layer already.
    OK, try these

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• mononon
      • Sep 2009

perfect. exactly the pics i was looking for! thanks for the quick replies mr. beuys
      calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• mrbeuys
        • May 2008

Originally posted by mononon View Post
        thanks for the quick replies mr. beuys
        My pleasure, I am seriously procrastinating and anything that keeps my from finishing my client presentation is welcome. Cue me sitting here until 4am.
        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by merz

this I like very much. more so than the current stuff dare I say.
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• stretcheroo
            • Nov 2009

XL Mollino in Dust

If any of you come across this jacket in your travels--online or otherwise-- please let me know. AW 09. Thanks in advance.

Comment

• sargon97
              • Jan 2009

How can you tell the Guidi made RO Combat boots?

I've seem at least 3 versions of which I assume the earliest is Guidi, not sure about the one with white stitching or the flat soled ones.

Comment

• sargon97
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by stretcheroo View Post
                If any of you come across this jacket in your travels--online or otherwise-- please let me know. AW 09. Thanks in advance.
                What finish are you looking for?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
                  How can you tell the Guidi made RO Combat boots?

I've seem at least 3 versions of which I assume the earliest is Guidi, not sure about the one with white stitching or the flat soled ones.
                  I am not sure they make them, but they provide the leather.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• stretcheroo
                    • Nov 2009

Originally posted by sargon97 View Post
                    What finish are you looking for?
                    not sure what the finish is called -- the pictures are available at zekka.com in the blog. thanks for looking around.

Comment

• sargon97
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by stretcheroo View Post
                      not sure what the finish is called -- the pictures are available at zekka.com in the blog. thanks for looking around.
                      Hammered lamb.

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                        • Sep 2008

How do you guys think Rick Owens fits into the current zeitgeist? To me he's an avant garde designer, but as it comes to his designs, he doesnt follow trends or anything, right?

And how do you guys think he stays fresh all the time? Lately I get the feeling that he's just repeating his menswear season after season (since FW07 or something), with just minor changes.
                        His womanswear at the other hand seems to get more of a change in silhouet, but stays true to Rick Owens, you know? Or maybe thats just the colorpalette that he uses.
                        What you guys think?

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by beyondthemeans View Post
                          How do you guys think Rick Owens fits into the current zeitgeist? To me he's an avant garde designer, but as it comes to his designs, he doesnt follow trends or anything, right?
                          I am not the most knowledgeable on Rick Owens, aside from admiring his stuff here and what I can see in stores don't own any...but what (i think it's you?) laika once said about him being the ultimate postmodern designer I'd agree with as an accurate statement, especially considering his overall presentation of himself molded into the statement made through his work.

i think there is something reliable and comforting about a designer who's found their voice and doesn't shift too much from season-to-season....just as Yohji could be counted on for the typical black blazer + trousers with minor detail adjustments , the same could probably be said w/ RO and his comfortable casuality in dusty tones. I hope he continues experimenting more w/ the tailoring side and branch out his Helmut Berger vision; his Neil Young is pretty much perfected at this point.
                          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• sargon97
                            • Jan 2009

I thought I read somewhere that Guidi used to make RO shoes, but now I can't find it. Probably incorrect at any rate.

Comment

• DANSER
                              • Nov 2008

i dont think they make his footwear

Comment

• beyondthemeans
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Fade to Black View Post
                                I am not the most knowledgeable on Rick Owens, aside from admiring his stuff here and what I can see in stores don't own any...but what (i think it's you?) laika once said about him being the ultimate postmodern designer I'd agree with as an accurate statement, especially considering his overall presentation of himself molded into the statement made through his work.

i think there is something reliable and comforting about a designer who's found their voice and doesn't shift too much from season-to-season....just as Yohji could be counted on for the typical black blazer + trousers with minor detail adjustments , the same could probably be said w/ RO and his comfortable casuality in dusty tones. I hope he continues experimenting more w/ the tailoring side and branch out his Helmut Berger vision; his Neil Young is pretty much perfected at this point.
                                Thanks for the reply man. I'm taking this designer research class where I do research of Rick Owens. This helped me a lot!

I was thinking as well that he is almost the brand himself, he is, but I mean his appearance and who he is (at least how he puts himself out there). Allthough, I read in an interview that he said something like he makes clothing for people with features that he doesn't have, but like to have.
                                Also, I kind of question sometimes if it's really that he can do just minor changes to existing designs because the are as great as they are already, or that it might be some kind of marketing thing. I met him a couple of times and twice he told me to go to his shop and check out some of his clothing, while I didn't even give the slightest suggestion for him to say something like that.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎