Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theaddict
    • Apr 2008

Ricks womens stuff is always muuuch nicer than the mens imo...
    Last edited by theaddict; 12-21-2009, 02:36 PM.
    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• it's not really hard to top a cotton long sleeve shirt and baggy trackpants imo. i'm getting so bored of the ratio of interesting vs basic design in ricks mens collection.

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

I love all the asymetric cut out womens leathers...and the good thing for women is that almost everything is totally wearable for them...

Comment

• absolutely agreed. I love that a woman is never forced to show something she doesn't want to show in his garments. They can all be layered to either reveal tactfully, or synchronize to cover up completely.

Comment

• theaddict
            • Apr 2008

haha, WORD!

Comment

• move_ment
              • Feb 2009

I just love this guys illustration style.

PORTRAIT OF RICK OWENS AT APARTMENT GALERIE BERLIN by ROBERT KNOKE

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                it's not really hard to top a cotton long sleeve shirt and baggy trackpants imo. i'm getting so bored of the ratio of interesting vs basic design in ricks mens collection.
                true....

then again just going by what i see and am able to touch. i think there's good stuff out there , just most stores/people want to keep buying the track pants and standard leather jackets.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

You know something interesting is happening when artists start painting portraits of fashion designers.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

well he does have an extremely striking face

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by galia View Post
                      I've met the guy and he has painted some other designers' portraits (I think Ann was one of them). He said he paints those designers who have inspired him. Something is definitely in the zeitgeist.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hobo
                        • Jul 2009

Originally posted by galia View Post
                        His wife has an even more striking face. She rocks! Maybe your guy should paint her. I'm not sure if Rick would be inspiring anyone without her!!!
                        "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." — Oscar Wilde

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by hobo View Post
                          His wife has an even more striking face. She rocks! Maybe your guy should paint her. I'm not sure if Rick would be inspiring anyone without her!!!
                          Funny to see my dear friend Robert's work finding it's way into Stylezeitgeist, something that kinda happened along the way for a while now. In the completeness of all people portrayed, yes, there are quite a few fashion designers that were open to participate in his portrait series (Ann Demeulemeester, Nicolas Andreas Taralis, Gareth Pugh, Olivier Theyskens and a few others), but there were also just as many artists and musicians among his choice, such as Terence Koh, Patti Smith, Peaches, The Kills, Casey Spooner, Jonathan Meese and a few others.

There's a little bit of coverage on Robert's art in a recent Purple issue as well as in i-D from a year ago or so... as well as his facebook group you're all more than welcome to join!

Comment

• galia
                            • Jun 2009

maybe you could make a post about it in the culture or media section?
                            I'd be interested anyway

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

/\ Hum... Want to go back home sooner than expected ?

Comment

• midnight
                                • Mar 2009

Originally posted by darker shades
                                Second that........and if you are a lean or skinny framed lad, rick's womenswear are rocking on
                                Funny this should be brought up. I just took a look at the new photos of the womens precollection / palais royale on the ro gallery and really hope the mens is on par. I love the blistered and kangaroo leathers so much. From what i've seen so far of the mens stuff elsewhere i'm not too excited, but it's always hard to tell until it hits the store.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎