• Show
Clear All
  • merkuri
    • Sep 2009

the kangaroo leather is pretty special IRL

Comment

• empaulio
      • Mar 2009

I love blistered leather, I got a women's jacket from FW as i wasn't keen on the styles he did for guys.

Comment

• Sion
        • Mar 2009

Hey guys! Just bought my first leather, the new bauhaus! I cant wait for it to arrive, but I need some advice on how to treat it. Ive read somewhere that you shouldnt hang your leathers with a hanger? Does it loose it shape or is it ok to hang it?

Is there anything else I should know on the topic? What to do and dont with a leather jacket?

As I said, first leather piece ive ever owned except shoes, so please dont come down hard on me, I just want to know, the do's and dont's.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

If the leather is super soft (IIRC it isn't on this one), use a hanger with wide shoulders. You don't need to do anything special to leather.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mrbeuys
            • May 2008

Originally posted by Sion View Post
            Hey guys! Just bought my first leather, the new bauhaus! I cant wait for it to arrive, but I need some advice on how to treat it. Ive read somewhere that you shouldnt hang your leathers with a hanger? Does it loose it shape or is it ok to hang it?

Is there anything else I should know on the topic? What to do and dont with a leather jacket?

As I said, first leather piece ive ever owned except shoes, so please dont come down hard on me, I just want to know, the do's and dont's.
            Mate, sure there are dos and don'ts but to be honest, I am putting mine on a hanger, I wear it in the rain, I hang it over chairs. It's a pretty sturdy piece of kit, so don't worry too much about it. The only no no for me is to put it on something like a square chairback, because it will dent your shape. Other than that, don't worry too much.
            Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Sion
              • Mar 2009

Thanks for the replies. One year ago I never thought Id buy a leather jacket, then I found this forum.

SZ slowly takes over your brain and changes you forever...

Comment

• kbi
                • Feb 2009

Lol, come on. Buying a leather jacket isn't really a huge change is it? =)

Comment

• Sion
                  • Mar 2009

No, it isnt, I just never thought I would see myself in one. And I was kinda kidding.

Comment

• sphoxx
                    • Nov 2006

People overestimate the delicacy of rick's jackets. I semi-regularly toss mine in a hot water soak with a big glob of leather lotion mixed in then machine dry. Shape and texture and everything come out perfect every time.

Comment

• merkuri
                      • Sep 2009

i keep my leathers in the tabernacle at the local church.

seriously though, i wish i could stiffen up my leather jackets, they have gotten too soft and stretched a bit too much.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by sphoxx View Post
                        People overestimate the delicacy of rick's jackets. I semi-regularly toss mine in a hot water soak with a big glob of leather lotion mixed in then machine dry. Shape and texture and everything come out perfect every time.
                        Seriously? I washed one of mine and the leather is ok but the silk lining definitely doesn't like contact with water.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• sphoxx
                          • Nov 2006

^^

Hmm, I've got the cotton/acetone lining so I guess that's why it doesn't mind the drink.

Comment

• rxrxr
                            • Dec 2009

Agree.
                            But never thought about mixing leather lotion to wash with.. hmm

Comment

• MikeN
                              • Nov 2007

I can confirm that this man beats the shit out of his dick skin, and it looks better and better each time he does it!

Comment

• peterpan
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2009

please post R/O current season.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎