• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by polishmike View Post
    Don't forget that everyone is also a dj.
    not me. i defer to mike_n on this matter.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• pierce
      Banned
      • Aug 2009

"pretty small cannon of interests"

I thought the same, but if I started on how frivolous people can be and why, it could run for pages.

I actually liked Antonio and his honesty in the end, he just seem like your average gay guy running away from the small town. It seemed to had an effect on him though, his struggle with good/evil definitely caused by the rejection by his home town.

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by pierce View Post
        "pretty small cannon of interests"

I thought the same, but if I started on how frivolous people can be and why, it could run for pages.

I actually liked Antonio and his honesty in the end, he just seem like your average gay guy running away from the small town. It seemed to had an effect on him though, his struggle with good/evil definitely caused by the rejection by his home town.
        I didn't watch the Antino vid to be honest. As I said I'm not saying people aren't profound, I'm saying the medium and topic make it hard for them to be.
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• move_ment
          • Feb 2009

I agree Fuuma. He seems an interesting character, but in the end all he's doing is wearing someone elses vision and trying to make it come off as his own. It's more just his personality and experience aligning with a brand.. like all of us here.

As a concept, I think the site would be more interesting if it was dedicated to people who wore their own creations only.

Comment

• move_ment
            • Feb 2009

good point, it would be a hard task.. sourcing worthwhile individuals that is.

honestly, when people ask about my clothes, the conversation always turns slightly awkward especially if they have no interest in the topic (they always bring it up first)... and talking conceptually in public about clothing choices would probably leave one leading a very lonely life

Comment

• Nikov
              • Nov 2008

there are tags on that site which you can use to filter it for fashion designers only. a cursory glance at the results indeed seems to bring the word carnival to mind.

oh, and RZA is on that site as well, which I thought was pretty cool.

Comment

• DRRRK
                • Aug 2009

Originally posted by move_ment View Post
                good point, it would be a hard task.. sourcing worthwhile individuals that is.

honestly, when people ask about my clothes, the conversation always turns slightly awkward especially if they have no interest in the topic (they always bring it up first)... and talking conceptually in public about clothing choices would probably leave one leading a very lonely life
                This seems to be our fate. When I try to make clear that I do not buy fashion in the sense of "the latest trend" but just want to support my own style few people seem to understand the difference. I avoid to talk about prices but somehow end up passionately justifying myself having spent so much money on clothes. I should try to avoid the entire topic in the future.

Comment

• MikeN
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by wire.artist
                  "fucking amateurs dude" it would be a carnival I'm afraid.
                  "You didn't think I was rolling out of here naked!"

Comment

• pierce
                    Banned
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by DRRRK View Post
                    This seems to be our fate. When I try to make clear that I do not buy fashion in the sense of "the latest trend" but just want to support my own style few people seem to understand the difference. I avoid to talk about prices but somehow end up passionately justifying myself having spent so much money on clothes. I should try to avoid the entire topic in the future.

I'm the same. Alot of my male friends are into fashion to a certain extent, but we are too man to talk to about it other than, "where did you get the shoes". Girlfriend though is a design assistant (pattern cutter) for a major label so we can have talk about things. Its interesting, while she works in the industry, herself and all her colleagues consider the fashion industry as the mcdonalds of clothes design. McDonalds is abit strong, but you know what I mean. She though does respect Rick Owens to an extent and also of course Margiela. Her true goal and most of her colleagues is to work designing costumes for stage.

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by wire.artist

"Hey, careful, man, there's a beverage here!"
                      biglebowskisoundboard

oh man i needed a laugh
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                        • Mar 2009

Photobucket
                        merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                          • Nov 2006

oh yes, they are that good my friends

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Rick and I have been kicking around a small project, making exclusive tshirts for SZ members only. At first Rick was up for it, thinking it would be fun. However, in the end he decided against it, thinking that it would be a bit too self-indulgent on his part. These days he tries to speak solely through his work and to get away from the online media world because it can become too overwhelming. He told me that he would rather see SZers wear the work he creates for his collections it's the best compliment he can get as a creator. He sent his love to all of you and he knows that you are his true fan base.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• awesome! you should've told him to do better quality wedges while you were at it.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                                Rick and I have been kicking around a small project, making exclusive tshirts for SZ members only. At first Rick was up for it, thinking it would be fun. However, in the end he decided against it, thinking that it would be a bit too self-indulgent on his part. These days he tries to speak solely through his work and to get away from the online media world because it can become too overwhelming. He told me that he would rather see SZers wear the work he creates for his collections it's the best compliment he can get as a creator. He sent his love to all of you and he knows that you are his true fan base.
                                damn. talk about too good to be true. thanks for trying though.
                                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎