Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mononon
    • Sep 2009

that is a tough piece to work with, since it is very very thick and heavy. i own it too and understand what you mean, since the sleeves are way too long and basically just get in the way of doing everyday activities. i remember hearing that you should remove the length from the shoulder area of the arm IIRC... but honestly, it's a risky piece to tailor imo.
    calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Acid, Bitter and Sad
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by DamageX View Post
      You can get a protective sole placed on with taps at the heel. You can do it at the Firm Shoe Repair if you are in New York City:

Map

They look like this:

Sole Protectors

That's what I did and my shoes have been in great condition for over a year with pretty frequent use.
      Thanks Mark!

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

yep, they have to shorten the sleeve length from the shoulder. I dunno what's wrong with your tailors. Everything can be tailored...if you want to make the sleeve slimmer that's a bit more complicated and depends on the sleeve construction. Are there buttons and Zippers or just a ribbon and so on...

Originally posted by mononon View Post
        that is a tough piece to work with, since it is very very thick and heavy. i own it too and understand what you mean, since the sleeves are way too long and basically just get in the way of doing everyday activities. i remember hearing that you should remove the length from the shoulder area of the arm IIRC... but honestly, it's a risky piece to tailor imo.
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Catfood
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by nicelynice View Post
          None of the tailors (including a "leather tailor") in my town (Seattle) will touch my Rick Owens leather, made from heavy lamb - they either say it will damage their machines, or that the seams are glued, and don't want to deal with that.

I've got the Stooges biker, and I want to slim the sleeves a bit, especially around the cuff, so they're not eating my hands all the time. Anyone have any experience with getting this done on a Rick, or any other leather? Possibly know a local tailor (Vancouver? Portland?) that could help me out, or is this something I could take measurements for and send somewhere?
          Go to a few high end boutiques and ask who they use for alterations, that is the easiest way to find someone good in my experience.

Comment

• ngoa
            • Oct 2009

in paris they can do this for sure. rick owens uses a tailor that can also alter the heavy, stiff hammered leather jackets. im sure some other tailors that high end boutiques use can do this too as mentioned above by catfood.

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

I understand that regular tailors might not want to touch heavy leather, but a leather worker should be able to do it. afterall, someone does make these jackets, so obviously they can be sewn, you just need the right machinery. I'd just try asking other leather crafters or some cobblers might do alterations as well, they should have the tools to work on boots so heavy leather shouldn't be a problem.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

the Black Teflon Don Rick Ross shouting out the Dicked Out Don Rick Owens

dope song though "Rick Owens on me, bombers for my whole army"
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• nicelynice
                  • Oct 2009

Thanks for the replies, I'm gonna keep calling around. I'm moving to Tokyo this July, as well, so if anyone knows someone in Japan who might help me out, I'd appreciate that as well. I love the jacket, spent awhile tracking it down in this heavy lamb, so I'm willing to wait to find the right person for the job.

Unfortunately, I don't think that I can make the sleeve any shorter, due to the nature of the shoulder construction, which extends into the sides:

While I'm taking pictures, my current inelegant solution is imply to halfway cuff the sleeves while if I'm holding something, so that the sleeves don't come off my cuff and knock it out of my hand (please ignore my pajamas)

Comment

• Fade to Black
                    • Sep 2008

Rick is very very pricey in Tokyo.
                    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• swami
                      • Jul 2008

Your best option would be to slim the arms down at the cuff so they are narrow enough to bunch up at your wrist And since you have zippers you can easily undo them to let your sleeve out.

That should be easy enough to do no?

Comment

• cjbreed
                        • Feb 2009

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• jgan85
                          • Apr 2008

could anyone comment on which season and/or leather jacket model RU3755LP corresponds to?

thanks!

J
                          ________
                          The big bang theory forums
                          Last edited by jgan85; 04-05-2011, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

just learned bergdorf is picking up rick for fw2010 onwards...
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• merkuri
                              • Sep 2009

^i don't know how to feel about that...

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                                just learned bergdorf is picking up rick for fw2010 onwards...
                                Yep, a serious WTF from both sides.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎