• Show
Clear All
  • Farkhanyassin
    • Jan 2010

I feel you!

My combats just shit on me just now.

Small crack on the crepe sole

Voila! The side comes off like butter!

Going to my usual cobbler to see what he can do.

BTW: Where do you get the PFW tickets. Just want to know because I'm planning of going to the F/W '11/12 shows in Paris January.
    MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Arcane
      • Jul 2008

^Good ol Slick Dick.

Half of my crepe sole fell out of my right sneaker this weekend and let a big hole, 2 cm diameter. I'll let a cobbler do major repairs and hope the shit holds together. Going to take some photos and send to Slackdickovencorp and tell them they are shit.

I will also point out that I won't buy any more Dick
      Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
        • Jan 2010

As much as I hate the quality of it, I still love Rick. It would be great if Rick started doing slimmer boots like CDiem and Julius does.
        MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• Arcane
          • Jul 2008

Well, I see your point but I am sick and tired of paying hundreds of dollars for clothes I have to repair within a couple of months. I mean, it's not only the fucking shoes. I've had pants, tees and sweaters repaired within a couple of months as well. NOT FUCKING ACCEPTABLE!
          Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• Farkhanyassin
            • Jan 2010

I can second on the sweater statement.

I've had a hole in my new cape to be repaired at the tailors after only a month of use.

And it's not like I go jungle trekking or some shit like that.

I really hope the new arrivals are going to be top notch.
            MOSLEM PRIEST

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

my RO sneakers are on their 4th sole. My crepe-soled boots have had the bottom layer crazy glued back on 3x. This is why I never pay retail. It hurts a lot less that way, though the issue shouldn't present itself in the first place. Something seriously wrong that the sole on my doc martens remains intact after 19 years.

Comment

• LeOn
                • Jun 2008

Mine 2 weeks after... worn maybe 5/6 times

Comment

• akward rick... AKWARD.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

wow, this blows.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mononon
                      • Sep 2009

i've owned three pair of rick footwear with crepe soles and it's happened with all of them, but only in the heel area. i usually just wear it till that happens than bring it to a cobbler to add a rubber heel to the problematic area and that usually lasts for months (so far 5+ months!)
                      calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Servo2000
                        • Oct 2006

I mean aside from the leather completely blowing out inside one of the shoes (milk classic sneaks) while trying to put them on (I have almost lined one of my shoes with masking tape at this point) the soles remain impeccable despite considerable wear.
                        WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• MikeN
                          • Nov 2007

Never, ever saw the appeal of crepe soles in footwear, period. Would never buy.

Comment

• beardown
                            rekoner
                            • Feb 2009

Crepe is actually an ideal substance for soles if the formula is good. It's just that Rick's formula isn't.
                            I've got a pair of Clark desert boots that I use for yard work and random days that are 4 years old with very little sign of wear, no breakage and they're very soft and grippy.
                            It's a natural gum but when you add pigment to it (to make it black) I imagine that messes with the durability and flexibility.

As far as the aesthetic, I like the way it makes boots look a little more casual. But some of the soles rick I've heard referred to as crepe, is more like a rubber with a crepe texture.
                            I've had both and I've talked about them a little bit...the true crepe is a gummish, squishy, eraser type substance and the other one is a stiffer rubber with a fake/similar texture. Referred to as 'crepe' in the product descriptions though.
                            The stiff stuff tends to break off and that looks like what the soles are made from in Fark's case.
                            Originally posted by mizzar
                            Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MikeNouveau View Post
                              Never, ever saw the appeal of crepe soles in footwear, period. Would never buy.
                              Agreed.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

first or second dick I bought was a sleeveless cardi from a. wore it once. huge 4 in pull through the shoulder. karlo told me it was part of the aesthetic. that the clothes will fall apart and I should be cool with it. so I am.
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎