• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eat me
    • May 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    They are all tall and roughly 46.
    Hey thank you Faust. Weird, I would expect them to be 38 UK (48), if they are taller than 6"0. Do you happen to know the waist size as well?

Comment

• galia
      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by swami View Post
      Its just that as much as he likes it or not or even wanted it he is become a kind of a major influence on a certain part of society.
      Its very easy for lots of people to idolize someone they admire and like you said a smart person with a thinking mind does not need to be influenced by their idols but lets face it most kids are.

With great power comes great responsibility no?
      my point is exactly that idols don't have such a huge importance at all. peer presure, bad or indifferent parenting, social context, values etc are much more influential. it's just much easier to blame celebrities than rethink our modus vivendi as a society. if anything, the "negative idols" some young people chose is to be seen as a visible symptom of their problem, if indeed there is one. not the cause

Comment

• mononon
        • Sep 2009

most runway models i think are a slim 48 and their waist usually is around 30-32. hard to make sense of it, since they are all 6' +...
        calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• kuugaia
          • Feb 2010

^^

Comment

• Chant
            Banned
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mononon View Post
            most runway models i think are a slim 48 and their waist usually is around 30-32. hard to make sense of it, since they are all 6' +...
            No, listen to The Boss : models are 46 and samples are 46. It was like this in each and every showrooms I've visited.

Comment

• cjbreed
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by galia View Post
              my point is exactly that idols don't have such a huge importance at all. peer presure, bad or indifferent parenting, social context, values etc are much more influential. it's just much easier to blame celebrities than rethink our modus vivendi as a society. if anything, the "negative idols" some young people chose is to be seen as a visible symptom of their problem, if indeed there is one. not the cause
              ya'll are being silly. its a damn article called getting fit with rick and rick says to get fit - "hey, try steroids. worked for me!"

its irresponsible because he said it in a public forum. famous or not famous. a guy has a sick body and basically says "all roids baby. f*ck yeah shit is the bomb yo" in a national (international?) publication. its irresponsible. keep it simple man. don't overthink the social implications of "celebrity influence". sheesh.

seriously though, steroids work. its true

dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Magician
                • Jul 2008

I really enjoyed the article.

It's hard to imagine that steroids were the most destructive substances he was using....
                Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magician View Post
                  I really enjoyed the article.

It's hard to imagine that steroids were the most destructive substances he was using....
                  his point exactly. he was just sharing what worked for him, and taking care of your body is less damaging than abusing it with substances.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by eat me View Post
                    Hey thank you Faust. Weird, I would expect them to be 38 UK (48), if they are taller than 6"0. Do you happen to know the waist size as well?
                    That I don't know. Looked like a 30 to me.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
                      No, listen to The Boss : models are 46 and samples are 46. It was like this in each and every showrooms I've visited.
                      mononon is stuck in the pre-Hedi Slimane era. haven't you heard - 46 is the new 48.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

i know not everyone lifts huge weights but it is tough for me to fathom a 36 inch chest.

Comment

• Castor
                          • Nov 2009

^^^The Julius, Rick and Ann runway presentation makes it very believable. I bet the models are generally a 36. Skinny boys.
                          Originally posted by DRRRK
                          The bridge from Dior to CCP being Rick Owens.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Wiggles View Post
                            Hey, does anyone know if Rick is making this sweater in a version with sleeves? LVR only has the vest for pre-order, thought someone on here could enlighten me
                            Hey there,

the store I'm buying for has both the sleeveless and the long sleeve version of this sweater ordered in black - feel free to contact me, we're accustomed to deal with international customers!

Comment

• Addicted
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2010

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                              not even. risks are way overblown, believe me. i took ungodly amounts for 10 years. the smoking and obsessive workouts, I do believe, render rick my soul brother.
                              Everything in moderation.

Don't you get small as hell coming off of them though?

I don't know much about them, i'm afraid of needles (pretty lame) only reason i've kept it natural the whole time haha.

Comment

• tricotineacetat
                                • Aug 2009

Funny, now that I think about it, I always felt a bit lost in Rick's more voluminous cuts, particularly the bottom half of his silhouette.

With his cropped length, dropped-crotch trousers, I tend to look like an awkward toothpick. It looks a bit better when I try similar styles in women's DRKSHDW or Lilies (even the women's flat zip up boots work better with their slightly slimmer-cut last than the men's), which lead me to the impression you better be a fit dude to wear the men's properly :/

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎