Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • upsilonkng
    • May 2010

Word of warning for all you Molino owners... Lenny Kraviss is wearing it in his new video, and being the tru-commerical "rock" artist that he is, this video will be tied in to.. the NBA all star game and eventually pringles or shampoo or whatever and he'll be wearing in all those 1/2 time shows I would imagine. So buy it now.. sell it now whatever you do just know that That jacket is about to change context for good.
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

it's good that this song is really original and doesn't sound like the Red Hot Chilli Wankers.
    Sorry........

Comment

• magic
      • Feb 2009

i like Jade movies, but do i need to wear XXX?
      Focusing on object details

Comment

• upsilonking: come on, you can brely see the jacket, and only the hardcore rick fans will see that he's wearing a rick jacket.

Comment

• KingNC
          • Nov 2010

^ I agree.

seriously? it's not even obvious to the regular person what he's wearing. his sunglasses are even more prominent to the neutral observer. plus NBA fans have their eyes on the highlights of Kevin Durant, CP3, Kobe and company in that video and his music just supplements it.

at the end of it the Mollino will remain the Mollino

Comment

• upsilonkng
            • May 2010

I hope so, it wasn't on my list so I don't really care or have anything invested but... I only noticed because it was on the pre-game, w/ the entire tnt bball crew, just lenny talking about his inspirations, life, kaka etc... he was wearing basically that whole outfit and I'm not sure if you've noticed this but usually when huge bands decide on a look for their first single/video, they pretty much hold to it for every award show, broadcast, tour etc... think coldplay for whatever that last album was, U2..basically every album since they went big..etc so even if it's not obvious to you now I believe in 6-12 months it will hurt your eyes.
            But he looks cool in it, I actually think he looks pretty cool in most of his clothes, looking every inch of a truly talentless rock star, like the mixed version of Tommy Lee w/ about 1% more class.

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

your post lengths are the same as MBD's except I have no idea what you're ever going on about

Comment

• upsilonkng
                • May 2010

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                your post lengths are the same as MBD's except I have no idea what you're ever going on about
                Mollino, Lenny Kravitz endorsement,soon to be eyesore.
                short enough?

Comment

• michael_kard
                  • Oct 2010

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
                  I hope so, it wasn't on my list so I don't really care or have anything invested but...
                  Really? If you seriously think Lenny Kravitz can make you dislike your own clothing, I would say you don't really like it to begin with.
                  ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                  Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Lane
                    • Aug 2010

I dunno celebrities can at least allow others to perceive you as "buying into that look" because of a celebrity popularizing it. They kind of distort the aesthetic because their wealth allows them to just buy anything they please. I think that would be a legitimate concern...however unavoidable. I do agree that if I have love for an item a shitty rockstar can't take that away from you.

Comment

• copacetic
                      • Nov 2010

Wasn't Lenny spotted on the street in NYC with Rick wedges? I don't think those took off with the hoi polloi.
                      And "When the prince has gathered about him
                      "All the savants and artists, his riches will be fully employed."

Canto XIII, Ezra Pound

Comment

• michael_kard
                        • Oct 2010

A person who looks at you and assumes you're buying into a celebrity-endorsed look clearly doesn't know you, or anything else related to your look for that matter... And thus their opinion is automatically reduced to an interesting post on the strangers' reactions thread.
                        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• upsilonkng
                          • May 2010

I'm trying to look at the big picture here.
                          1. you like what you like and no one can change that...
                          it's a nice sentiment but I'll be honest and others should be as well. Separation is important that's why you gravitate towards the outer edges, no one is born wanting asymetrical diapers.
                          2. would you want your gf wearing that RO biker that Lohan made famous? or a knock-off? I don't.Great jacket? no doubt. But there are many many great jackets so... And if you don't think h&M, 21 forever aren't looking at music videos or people magazine to knock off stuff...
                          3. the less I have in common w/ Lenny the better.
                          And the thing I'm pushing is, Lenny is not just going to wear it once a lot of celebrities have cool jackets that they get photographed in doesn't bother me at all. (Jude Law??) But once a big rockcock uses it as part of their custume for that album it's fucked. Maybe forever.. but then again his album will go gold, it's not gonna be "thriller" so Mollino won't become the thiller jacket but it still will in my mind bring that jacket down.

Comment

• michael_kard
                            • Oct 2010

I have no clue what Rick jacket Lindsay Lohan was wearing. In fact, I don't even know how she looks like, as I simply don't pay attention to those things; that's the bigger picture for me.

What's known as celebrity culture does not concern me in any way and I think that it's main audience is from a different demographic - people like Topshop customers or, in other words, people who might wear something for a while because it's hot and then move on. This has been discussed before a few times. Now, saying that you wouldn't wear something because it has fallen into this trap is in fact a way of admitting that its position is really there, part of a temporary trend.

And I'm sure Leny is a cool guy, just like you and me.
                            Last edited by michael_kard; 02-18-2011, 10:33 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• upsilonkng
                              • May 2010

Lohan= Victoria Beckham in ur country. So yeah she does nothing but get drunk and remain in tabloids when americans buy groceries, she on many magazine etc.. so you can't not know what she's wearing. I believe Victoria also wears this same jacket in many uk magazines. I'm sure topshop has a knock off of it as well. Maybe you don't buy groceries, maybe you don't participate in those mundane things...
                              I don't care or buy celebrity culture but I am aware... there's very little you can do to get around it.
                              Don't know if Lenny is cool, but he's not good at making original music or art so that's how I judge him, as purely a commerical entity.

Comment

• kunk75
                                Banned
                                • May 2008

lenny probably wants to sell his mollino cause some goober on the internet just bought one

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎