X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • michael_kard
    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
    Lohan= Victoria Beckham in ur country. So yeah she does nothing but get drunk and remain in tabloids when americans buy groceries, she on many magazine etc.. so you can't not know what she's wearing.
    I know I'm taking this too far... But, you're wrong, I can not know what she's wearing, and it's been this way with every single celebrity, no matter where they're from. Simply put, I'm not interested in what celebrities wear just because of their elevated status. You seem to be particularly obsessed with the impact they have on all things fashion, but it's simply not there if you don't give a shit about it.
    ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
    Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Venus in Furs
      Banned
      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by upsilonkng View Post
      Don't know if Lenny is cool, but he's not good at making original music or art so that's how I judge him, as purely a commerical entity.
      Are you? How bout you put your resume up here; Should it fail to live up to my expectations, I may reconsider wearing any items that you own.

Honestly dude, why let someone else ruin something for you. It's stupid to change your mind about something just for the sake of being different.
      If I didn't wear things because someone else made it look like shit, I'd have nothing left in my wardrobe.

Rick's commercial appeal will wane and people will move onto something else, then you'll have it to your own little minority again.

Btw, people who make a point of showing how alternative they are are far worse than those indulging in celebrity culture

Comment

• Inxight
        • May 2008

Really, this attitude is the flip side of the same coin, and it doesn't matter in the least. Person A sees celebrity X wearing a garment and decides they need to kop it (or one as similar as they can get), or person B sees same garment on celebrity X and thinks they won't ever kop or wear it again if they already own it (or one similar). Either way, you're still letting celebrity culture determine what you wear! Where is the individual in all that?

Comment

• Fenix
          • Aug 2010

This topic seems to come up repeatedly in conversation and in these forums. Honestly, I just don't understand it.

Numerous celebrities wear Rick. Some much worse than Lenny in my opinion but that's not the point. Oh, and sorry Michael for being more tied into media than you. I must have forgot to close my eyes this time.

The point is, this is driving revenue for the designer. It's publicity, marketing, it creates a buzz, and starts discussion. At the end of the day, the designers we love or love to hate need to make money to survive and this is beneficial to them. Don't worry, Rick will never be affordable enough to be completely mainstream.

If you want to have something a bit more obscure(Obscur), why not support the up and comers like Zam or Jona? I hope they are lucky enough to get more publicity and start making the money they deserve.

Sorry for the long post. I'm just a bit tired of reading or hearing about why Brad or Jude aren't cool enough for CCP or Harnden or why Lenny, Jay-z, or Kanye just killed the Molino.
          Originally posted by hausofblaq
          Grow up.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

the median age of the drive of this page must be under 19
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

^why do you say that? I am selling my stooges now that YOU"RE wearing yours.

Comment

• syed
                • Sep 2010

^ I think he meant in terms of the celebrity-centered debate.

Wear what you want to. So what if some celebrity is wearing it? You like what you like. Let us not forget "Another aim of this community is to divorce fashion from consumerism and celebrity culture."
                "Lots of people who think they are into fashion are actually just into shopping"

Comment

• Fenix
                  • Aug 2010

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                  the median age of the drive of this page must be under 19
                  Care to expand upon this?
                  Grow up.

Comment

• t-bone
                    • Dec 2009

Originally posted by Johnnyfenix View Post
                    I think he means that most people get over this reactionary response to the mainstream appropriation of their favorite musicians/artists/designers once they get out of high school.

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

i think he means everyone sounds like a fucking asshole.

Originally posted by Johnnyfenix View Post

Comment

• mrbeuys
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                        I think he just likes to make twitter size statements. Don't ask for expansion
                        You can still be an asshole at 40. Trust me, I know.
                        Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Fenix
                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                          Well, this is at least fitting...
                          Grow up.

Comment

• mononon
                            • Sep 2009

lenny has been wearing rick for longer than most people on this board, so it's nothing new. i don't get the hate, he wears it well and looks good in it. simple as that.

if this was justin beiber or someone like that, maybe you would have a point

but overall, anyone with money and somewhat into "trends" or fashion is pretty much fair game, esp. since Rick is a pretty big name in the business.
                            calvinc - "Found this place and omg the people here are so cool and they dress super ultra mega well!"

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
                              I think he just likes to make twitter size statements. Don't ask for expansion

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                                • Nov 2006

zzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzzZZZZzzz

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡