• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: RICK OWENS

nice Khiev!

I've wanted to pick up a bunch of RO tees in the past... and had ample opportunity to get them for $100-185ish here and there. My main issue is their sheerness. Also the vintage fabric is a bit of a dilemma. It's what makes the shirt so perfectly soft, but it seems to get stretched easily (and irreversibly).

So do you wear two at a time? wear them as undershirts?

The idea of wearing a $300 tee as an undershirt even for comfort is something I balk at a bit, and two at a time... $600 in tees just so nipples won't show is a bit crazy too!

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• khiev
      • Nov 2006

no, I've never worn two at the time and I dont wear undershirts. The reason I bought them is because they're so much better this season, just beautiful. Like any other cotton t-shirt they stretch, but not irreversibly so since like all cotton t-shirts, they also shrink back. But seriously, it's a night and day difference, just ask Gentry at A, we both agree that they're better. I've never tried wearing two at the same time, do you mean just like how those dior models wore them in this pic? If so, then yes I have worn them like that before, but it was light short sleeve t under dark long sleeve t.... I don't see how short sleeve under short sleeve would work. Do try them out though, see if you like them, and then post some pics [:D]

Comment

• khiev
        • Nov 2006

[quote user="Servo2000"][quote user="khiev"]Here are some of the reasons why I want to cut my rick owens t from last s/s season: I just received my rick owens t from A. today and I was very very pleasantly surprised- rick owens has addressed all of my little quirks and created the perfect t! Not only is the t-shirt shorter (as in more in proportion for those who arent over 6ft), it's also features a narrower cut around the body, making the t-shirt bunch much more nicely at the bottom. In addition, the trademark twisted seam at the back has been improved upon, this time creating much more of a 'swerving' effect around the body. The t-shirt has simply been improved upon so much more, and it drapes that much more beautifully now. It's seriously the nicest t-shirt I've ever owned and I've already placed another order for two more t-shirts.
        [/quote]

Does anyone have any pictures of this / know how much they cost? I'm always looks for good plain shirt with a twist that work for people who aren't like eleven feet tall (no offense, tall people).

[/quote]

Yes, it's $250 at A.

Comment

• een
          • Sep 2006

i often wear them doubled-up, or with an american apparel summer t underneath (i cut out the ribbed neck and leave unfinished on the aa)

Comment

• khiev
            • Nov 2006

sounds nice, we demand pics!

Comment

• Chinorlz
              • Sep 2006

mm, I may be going to nyc this weekend. I'll of course be doing my requisite stopoff at A. May give them a try then!

I was really really hoping that my last trip to nyc before i head out to berlin would include a peek at the new LUC/MA+/CCP but it doesn't look like that'll be happening.

Just gonna have to wait until I hit europe to check em out I guess then.

Thanks Khiev. I'll see what they got!

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• een
                • Sep 2006

"
                sounds nice, we demand pics!"

umm. best i could find on short notice. no big deal, but you get the idea

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

I dig!

If this season's RO tees are as nice as people make em out to be. I may very well be stocking up with a few. Anyone have an idea about his Paris store prices? Cheaper?

Comment

• khiev
                    • Nov 2006

Good stuff, thx for the tip guys.

Good decision to hold on that ccp buy A. who knows if luc/ccp/m.a+ will entice you even more.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

yeah... damn tempting but things like that will come around again. They always do. Better to hold off and see what else comes around right?

Comment

• khiev
                        • Nov 2006

found a couple of pics from the man himself

Comment

• khiev
                          • Nov 2006

The guy is so build and his stuff looks way better on him than any of his runway models. Maybe we should all get this buff to pull off rick owens, hahaha... for a man his size, it looks like he wears pants around sz.30 or EU46... that's pretty crazy, I'd be happy if my lower body was as well balanced as his, unfortunately I have athlete legs.

Comment

• deuxmille
                            • Nov 2006

[quote user="khiev"]

[/quote]

Dot... Dot... Dot...

I will say it again (maybe it's the first time publicly)... the cut on his pants is horrible in general!

The jackets and tops are lovely though :D

Comment

• Chinorlz
                              • Sep 2006

This look fucking rocks.

Comment

• Johnny
                                • Sep 2006

What about the high heel boots though?! They are seriously dodgy!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎