• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by rilu
    thanks for the info, Dane! no, i was just curious in which context it appeared, so maybe you can say a bit about that? i mean, was it just a part of some photo collection, or was it a part of some concrete exhibition, project, etc.?
    It was a part of his Pitti Uomo project.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ittalidaa
      • Aug 2009

ode to elegance, photographed by mario palmieri
      even more intriguing than the work or persona of a designer is the atmosphere that surrounds what they do. azzedine alaïa, olivier theyskens and rick owens at revillon chose a personal object that represents their vision. mario palmieri photographed each in their original environment.
      a magazine curated by haider ackermann

http://cotonblanc.tumblr.com http://lacollectionneuse.tumblr.com

Comment

• michael_kard
        • Oct 2010

Those boots are so weird. Is he wearing them in the photo?
        ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
        Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• ErnstLudwig
          • Oct 2011

US World War style boots? not really weird

Comment

• KingJulien
            • Oct 2011

What are generally considered to be Rick's best seasons? I realize that's a really broad question and I may not get a straight answer, but I wanted to take a retrospective look without going through every show.

Comment

• Hiddenaway
              • Jan 2012

Originally posted by KingJulien View Post
              What are generally considered to be Rick's best seasons? I realize that's a really broad question and I may not get a straight answer, but I wanted to take a retrospective look without going through every show.
              That is kind of a loaded question but I know for me, STAG, CRUST, and EXPLODER are by far my all time favorites with STRUTTER up there as well.

Comment

• jogu
                • Jun 2009

my faves still creatch from both the guys and the girls stuff for that season , but i always prefer summer clothes to winter stuff

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

there's only a handful of shows to go through and every collection is worth looking at
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• mrbeuys
                    • May 2008

I honestly don't like to think about it in seasons so much. i am today wearing stuff from Creatch, Strutter, Anthem and Limo and it's all good and it all belongs together. Look at it as one continuous arrow, seasons are just snapshots along that path.
                    Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• Lane
                      • Aug 2010

I think his womens was consistently better as opposed to mens, especially since he seems to borrow from womens when he does the mens collections.

best seasons really gonna depend on what you like from ricks offerings, but you can find something of value in a lot of them.

I liked the more rugged ones

Comment

• interest1
                        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post

. . .Look at it as one continuous arrow, seasons are just snapshots along that path.

Very poetic, mrbeuys.

Makes me wanna throw on a Rick leather party hat & dance the conga.

Leather party hats Rick commissioned a couple years back from artist, Kristin Mariani

Runway conga, RO style.
                        sain't

Comment

• Shucks
                          • Aug 2010

^lol.

those mantis pics are great. u've shown them before but they never get old.

Comment

• almroth
                            • Jul 2008

at the moment I'm so frustrated with the overwhelming lack of quality I've experienced, I'll probably stop buying rick. everything I own eventually becomes shreds, and I don't even have to wear it daily. obviously I'm not talking about the stuff that's supposed to shred, but they're whoring that "it wasn't me" card for literally everything. oh, and certain boots... glue and show off stitches? impressive, really. makes me want to throw cash at them.

obviously I'm bitter because no one else offers what rick does. it's such a shame, because when I buy something, I want it to last longer than a day or two. he should get his shit together instead of sipping coffee in his 5-story building talking about furniture couture.

Comment

• mrbeuys
                              • May 2008

I have to say I don't experience the same problems with my stuff. I mean, I have a LOT of rick, so I don't wear the shit out of one thing on a daily basis, but I have had combats and trainers for 3-4 years and they are still holding up, all my leathers are still great apart from normal wear. Seams on pants open, but it's an easy fix. The unstable cotton stuff falls apart, but it's kind of in the name. A friend of mine buys almost identical stuff to me and his pieces disintegrate within weeks. Either I am lucky or a more careful wearer...
                              Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• almroth
                                • Jul 2008

honestly, I have no idea. I don't have heaps of rick, but I haven't experienced the same thing with any other designer I like. truth be told, the reason I'm bitching is because it's worth bitching about. I have plenty of friends that have experienced the same thing. perhaps he'll read this and look into quality control procedures that actually works or something. clothes don't hold forever and they're supposed to be worn, and I'm well aware of that fact.

but yeah, this sucks. If I could afford heaps, I would definitely try that.
                                Last edited by almroth; 03-19-2012, 06:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎