X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Venus in Furs
    Banned
    • Aug 2009

i just recently got a hammered lamb stooges from exploder, which was apparently supposed to be one of the best iterations of lamb leather. must say, pretty disappointed with the quality of the leather. feels on par with superdry or some shit, not all that nice.

Comment

• premierminister
      • Jul 2008

Sleep like Rick... for 1.250 GBP

Comment

• kunk75
        Banned
        • May 2008

yes, even i am not that much of a fanboy. i got a sheet set from the same manufacturer for less than a third of that price

Comment

• Dane
          HAMMERTIME
          • Feb 2011

They do make mighty nice sheets...but as mentioned, they can be had for $250 on ebay, etc. Nice colour tho.
          i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Shucks
            • Aug 2010

Originally posted by mrbeuys View Post
            I have to say I don't experience the same problems with my stuff. I mean, I have a LOT of rick, so I don't wear the shit out of one thing on a daily basis, but I have had combats and trainers for 3-4 years and they are still holding up, all my leathers are still great apart from normal wear. Seams on pants open, but it's an easy fix. The unstable cotton stuff falls apart, but it's kind of in the name. A friend of mine buys almost identical stuff to me and his pieces disintegrate within weeks. Either I am lucky or a more careful wearer...

you've gotta agree that the soles are bullshit, though. either like eraser-type (NON-)durability (new geobaskets and f/w boots), or split soles (previous seasons sidezips/combats), or upper coming loose from glued sole (various styles).. etc etc

that is just SHIT construction, not fragility due to use of precious materials och complicated design or overly careless useage... so yeah, dear rick, sort this shit out.

Comment

• Marlon
              • Sep 2011

Comment

• BSR
                • Aug 2008

funny how all the pieces are ugly, tacky and unwearable taken one by one, and how he manages to look so fucking good in this outfit
                pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• Dane
                  HAMMERTIME
                  • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                  funny how all the pieces are ugly, tacky and unwearable taken one by one, and how he manages to look so fucking good in this outfit
                  the snakeskin jacket is a bit ott, but I still rather like it...just not $7500-like it.
                  i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• BSR
                    • Aug 2008

you must admit that you and i would look like uncontrol wearing the snake jacket even if we had the $$$$$$$

lenny does shitty music but looks great to be honest
                    pix

Originally posted by Fuuma
                    Fuck you and your viewpoint, I hate this depoliticized environment where every opinion should be respected, no matter how moronic. My avatar was chosen just for you, die in a ditch fucker.

Comment

• cjbreed
                      • Feb 2009

^its true. and regardless of whether it is a celebrity or not it is an interesting photo/waywt. and man those boots are complicated

OBJECT DYED LINED, ONE-PIECE, PROSTHETIC"U"SOLE BOOTS
                      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• Dane
                        HAMMERTIME
                        • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BSR View Post
                        you must admit that you and i would look like uncontrol wearing the snake jacket even if we had the $$$$$$$

lenny does shitty music but looks great to be honest
                        fair enough.

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

sometimes i wish i had my ccp boots back :(

Comment

• Marlon
                            • Sep 2011

Originally posted by DRRRK
                            ^OMG, Lenny is wearing Rick! Or is it that Lewis is getting bald? Did you care to read the first page of the forum? Fuck, I thought my entrance here was retarded.
                            Yeah well you need to improve your sarcasm.
                            First message but i'm on the forum for quite a moment now and i don't give a damn about the number of messages.

Posted this here cause its the first person i see wearing the snakeskin stooges. Even if its Lenny. Just wanted to share.

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by premierminister View Post

Sleep like Rick... for 1.250 GBP

Re...re....re....REVERSE STITCHING! AGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Not that I would ever lose touch with reality enough to indulge but what the fuck, Rick? I thought we discussed the overdyed blue denim and the reverse stitching.

I think I've said my share about Rick's quality over the past few years. My concern is that as his operation grows and he wears himself thin (furniture, eyeglasses, beach towels, bedding), the quality will continue to decline in a bad way.

We've seen that as a typical growing pain for companies that are expanding when they can no longer maintain certain standards as a company grows enough to meet demand. And Rick doesn't really have much room to slide, unfortunately. I can respect the entrepreneurial spirit of a brand for every person and market but it can't be easy to personally oversee all of that.

I've been happy with the quality of outerwear and leathers (though I don't have any from the past AW season). The rest...let's just say I've steered away from the basics a while back.

I really live in my clothes and I won't buy something after a bad experience (with the exception of Rick's boots/sneakers, which I've just learned to stay on top of). There are too many other companies out there who do better basics for much, much cheaper.

Much of the labels we discuss here aren't really built for rough trade. Kind of the nature of materials and construction to a degree. So I keep some pieces for when I know they'll be worn lightly and indulge in the stuff that I can beat the shit out of and I know it'll last.

It has been said before I believe but the best, recent pair of jeans I've ever owned in terms of quality are Odyn Vovk. Made in America and seem to take on lots of abuse at the typical places of wear and tear.
                              My suggestion is just to find those brands that do consider quality and support them.

I just think the last thing Rick has in mind when designing is whether or not people feel like they're getting their money worth.
                              I'm guessing it's tough to keep grounded whenever you're selling 'beds' that retail for as much as the average automobile and selling 'ashtrays' for the price of a really, really good bicycle. Or two.

That is just not a world that most people live in, admittedly. I'd like to think that he has a soft spot for those who have been buying his work for years but I don't get the feeling that Rick is very sentimental or nostalgic.
                              Originally posted by mizzar
                              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                                • Nov 2007

baller boots on lenny!
                                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰