Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbeuys
    • May 2008

Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• curiouscharles
      • Jan 2008

rick owens [x] minecraft?

-

Comment

• Crowzer
        • Feb 2011

Ahaha funy and cute one.

Comment

• guidier
          • Apr 2012

the best rick ever

Comment

• shdws
            • Sep 2011

Hmmmm.

That's heaps good cause I hate small hoodies tbh, they suck it hard, it needs to be loosey goosey. My drkshdw one is borderline not big enough, I know most of the Rick hoods are small, that's why I was curious about this particular one.
            Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• viv1984viv
              • Feb 2008

shameless request for some help:

I'm writing an article that will reference rick, I know he is particularly sensitive to the movement of the body and also concerned about giving the wearer a feeling of luxury and comfort.... are there any interviews where he mentions this directly?
              Notes from the Vomitorium - The Nerve Of It -

Comment

• michael_kard
                • Oct 2010

I wrote an essay on Rick that was based almost completely on interview material, and can't think of anything explicitly saying that other than this:
                The style "is sweet but kind of creepy," he said. "It's about giving everything I make a worn, softened feeling. It's about an elegance being tinged with a bit of the barbaric, the sloppiness of something dragging * and the luxury of not caring."
                ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• I cant find the quote now, but I remember him mentioning the reason why some of his sable fur jackets have the fur on the inside is to create a more selfish kind of luxury, which is to keep for yourself, and not flaunt for everyone to see. I thought that was really nice.

Comment

• viv1984viv
                    • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
                    I cant find the quote now, but I remember him mentioning the reason why some of his sable fur jackets have the fur on the inside is to create a more selfish kind of luxury, which is to keep for yourself, and not flaunt for everyone to see. I thought that was really nice.
                    yes this is the exact quote I'm thinking of - of hidden luxury for the wearer...

Comment

• blacktulip
                      • Nov 2011

"I try to make clothes the way Lou Reed does music - minimal chord changes, and direct. It is sweet but kind of creepy. It's about giving everything I make a worn, softened feeling. It's about an elegance being tinged with a bit of the barbaric, the sloppiness of something dragging and the luxury of not caring. At Revillon, I felt it isn't about displaying one's wealth, but rather giving the woman a selfish pleasure. It is about using sable as the lining under a very humble jacket, the luxury is all hers."

Fuck writing an essay about Rick Owens! =D
                      "Silicon is a gas"

Comment

• viv1984viv
                        • Feb 2008

Originally posted by blacktulip View Post
                        "I try to make clothes the way Lou Reed does music - minimal chord changes, and direct. It is sweet but kind of creepy. It's about giving everything I make a worn, softened feeling. It's about an elegance being tinged with a bit of the barbaric, the sloppiness of something dragging and the luxury of not caring. At Revillon, I felt it isn't about displaying one's wealth, but rather giving the woman a selfish pleasure. It is about using sable as the lining under a very humble jacket, the luxury is all hers."

Fuck writing an essay about Rick Owens! =D
                        Aha +rep to you Sir. Is that in the big book? Imma need sauce to go with that...

Comment

• mrbeuys
                          • May 2008

"I DON'T know if it's possible for someone of this generation to create an identity the same way I did," says designer Rick Owens.

"The design world is so saturated that it's [impossible] to be accepted on your own terms."

Nothing super new really...
                          Hi. I like your necklace. - It's actually a rape whistle, but the whistle part fell off.

Comment

• interest1
                            • Nov 2008

clodhopping in the garden of earthly delights

BETTER FOR SHAPING A FIG TREE THAN A SAND CASTLE

sain't

Comment

• Patroklus
                              Banned
                              • Feb 2011

most gay bois have st8 crushes on like nancy sinatra or jem
                              but i have a st8 crush on interest1

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

/\ Christopher, I will give you one more chance, although something tells me it will be useless.

1) Read the noob thread about the rules of this forum.
                                2) No self-promotion, please.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎