Page 418 of 419 FirstFirst ... 318368408409410411412413414415416417418419 LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,360 of 8363

Thread: Rick Owens

Took a few random shots at the event.
    https://imgur.com/a/hSyg2
    Box was fun. Just two huge freight containers. Inside was the store was nice. They were demoing the Birkenstock oil and cream and Michele was there. Tons of food and drinks. The Birkenstocks themselves are OK. Same material as you can get from the mainline, as far as I can tell, besides the ponyhair model. Sadly, the pony sheds like crazy. Didn't see anyone selling the socks, but I should've paid more attention inside the Box where they probably were. The moisturizers are nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    Goths gotta go to the beach too
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Rick Owens x Kielh's goth ninja sunscreen?
    ...bombing the bass, blasting the beat

Quote Originally Posted by ian+ View Post
    Rick Owens x Kielh's goth ninja sunscreen?
    Rick Owens x Aésop
    "Subhuman" piss scented moisturizer and hand balm
    Limited Edition of 1000
    Comes in wooden box with felt cover
    and unnecessary small silver detail
    750,-
    "The only rule is don't be boring and dress cute wherever you go. Life is too short to blend in."
    -Paris Hilton

Quote Originally Posted by Ahimsa View Post
    Goths gotta go to the beach too
    This obviously depends on your location but I'll probably pick up a pair of just the basics for this reason. I wear my boots walking through the mountains and all throughout the city but living on an island there are times you just say "fuck it" when it comes to sand, torrential rain, and slopping through inches of water due to typhoons. Come summer I often just wear my bathing suit and cheap sandals when riding my bicycle or whatever out to the beach. It's about time to upgrade to something that doesn't threaten to fall apart and has actual traction.

Quote Originally Posted by croatoan View Post
    This obviously depends on your location but I'll probably pick up a pair of just the basics for this reason. I wear my boots walking through the mountains and all throughout the city but living on an island there are times you just say "fuck it" when it comes to sand, torrential rain, and slopping through inches of water due to typhoons. Come summer I often just wear my bathing suit and cheap sandals when riding my bicycle or whatever out to the beach. It's about time to upgrade to something that doesn't threaten to fall apart and has actual traction.
    This is obviously marketed at the same people who buy the Givenchy logoed plastic slides.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

How Mr. Rick Owens tunes out the noise:
    MR PORTER takes an exclusive peek inside the iconic designer’s “Futurist Superman’s castle” in Venice

Source: https://www.mrporter.com/journal/my-...eLkeAL7JHJmAkQ

Quote Originally Posted by mamooon View Post
    How Mr. Rick Owens tunes out the noise:
    MR PORTER takes an exclusive peek inside the iconic designer’s “Futurist Superman’s castle” in Venice

Source: https://www.mrporter.com/journal/my-...eLkeAL7JHJmAkQ
    Lido is fantastic. Rick's one of my idol.

Oldie, but goodie - a great essay on Les Deux Cafes, Michele Lamy's Los Angeles restaurant.

https://www.theparisreview.org/blog/...a-star-turned/
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Hey, I have a question maybe someone can answer.

Does Rick Owens outerwear only have the signature knit sleeves on the underside, or has Rick ever used leather on the underside, and perhaps a different material on the outer arm - like fur, different kind of leather, textile?

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone help identify the season on this geo jacket? Olmar and Mirta, made in Italy. Predates the season codes (RU7769LC 09). Pockets on outside have Velcro closures with fabric tags. RY zips. Black fabric strap inside from armpit to armpit.

https://imgur.com/a/XIKvnFo

Quote Originally Posted by haydn View Post
    Can anyone help identify the season on this geo jacket? Olmar and Mirta, made in Italy. Predates the season codes (RU7769LC 09). Pockets on outside have Velcro closures with fabric tags. RY zips. Black fabric strap inside from armpit to armpit.

https://imgur.com/a/XIKvnFo
    pretty sure its ss10 and its unwashed calf which is thin and kind of crappy.

Default GQ interview: Rick Owens is Still There by John Jeremiah Sullivan

"Fashion fades, only style remains the same." -Coco Chanel

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
    -Bruce Lee

Thanks for this — it's a good read.

Indeed, thanks for posting this link, it's a good and interesting read!

I've only been following Rick's work for the past five years or so but I've become interested in his earlier stuff. I recently bought this jacket from Stag and I'd love to see more from that period. I know that the menswear collections from Wishbone, Exploder, and Stag were only shown online at the time but they're not in the archive on his current site. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by supercilious View Post
    thank you but I still don't see any of the menswear collections from '07 or '08 up there

Quote Originally Posted by Halibut View Post
    thank you but I still don't see any of the menswear collections from '07 or '08 up there
    he didnt do runway for men for 07 or 08 or ss09 , first runway just men was fw09 crust, a little googling will get u everywhere...