X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • philip nod
    • Aug 2007

Re: RICK OWENS

HA. what a way to wake up...i have this on hold at A...its really sick. i tried on that two tone at barneys yesterday, also sick, but more a show piece less something you could wear everyday
    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
      • Oct 2006

i thought i saw it there on the table by the register or something similar.
      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• bakla
        • Oct 2006

[quote user="ddohnggo"]i thought i saw it there on the table by the register or something similar.
        [/quote]

It was on the table closer to the door. I approached it, fingered the hood, my eyes widened and I backed away and said to myself, "if I don't eat lunch now, I won't have any lunch money left.... for a month." It was 6 pm.

Comment

• DHC
          • Jul 2007

[quote user="bakla"][quote user="ddohnggo"]i thought i saw it there on the table by the register or something similar.
          [/quote]

It was on the table closer to the door. I approached it, fingered the hood, my eyes widened and I backed away and said to myself, "if I don't eat lunch now, I won't have any lunch money left.... for a month." It was 6 pm.
          [/quote]

[86] Damn, that's is one sick piece though. I'd love to get my hands on that thing.

I heard yesterday that Maxfield has the exclusive in Los Angeles and that is why Barney's BH doesn't carry the line. Can anyone confirm this? Man, they need to start exercising this exclusive right by pumping up their timid buys if this is true.

Originally posted by Faust
          fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

sounds like bullshit. why would you give an exclusive to anyone?
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
              • Aug 2007

the new yorker article mentions the history of the RO LA exclusive. its now w Maxfield. Owens did it so he could sell the clothes up front for 50% and stay alive.

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

Thanks Pniddy. I seriously questioned the fact just as Faust did. Typically, exclusive rights are given because a retailer will do huge buys as well, which hasn't been the case here. On top of that, Los Angeles being such a large geographic sphere, it really makes one question the plausibility of such a claim.
                Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Casius
                  • Dec 2006

What's the above jacket going for at A?

I'm also surprised Maxfield has the exclusive on RO items and I do agree they could start being a little more adventerous with their buy if that is truly the case. Not to mention they upcharge all of it! Kind of messed up if you ask me...

Barneys does carry Lillies though...or did...not sure about SS08.

Also, can any of you A goers shed some light on the FA08/09 buy?
                  "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

tons of leather for the fall buy is what i remember from weeks ago.

jacket is 2150 i think.

cas, which do you prefer. white/black diagonal blistered leather at barneys (which is 2750, ouch) or hoodie nylon/leather

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

I prefer the black hooded cotton/leather for sure! The only thing about it is it's kinda crazy it's only a few hundred less than a full leather jkt....but either way, it's one of the better jackets this season hands down.

I like the two tone joints but I think you might get tired of the look after a bit. The jacket above on the other hand can work for years to come (probably looks dope with some CCP/MA+ too).

The white jacket I like is the all white standard leather. That's fresh.

Comment

• AX-OV
                        • Feb 2008

I don't think MAXFIELD ups the prices on Owens stuff. Everything I've seen there is the same as Atelier, and Barneys Beverly Hills, (which just got some new DRKSHDW in!!) The Flagship store in Paris is where RICK himself up's the prices, haha. The Hi Top Trainers were ?830, and ?749 at L'Eclaireur. I bought mine at L'Eclaireur. RICK store didn't have my size :(. But if you think about it, I'm sure the prices are higher because people are more likely to buy items from the RICK OWENS store in PARIS, because its the RO store..i dunno maybe....What do you think?

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

i think the above is actually a nylon/cotton/leather trifecta w the majority being nylon.

i got the white blistered leather which is super fresh and the one from the catalogue, which has helped me make up my mind to keep it, the only other white i saw was the suede. does standard leather mean non blistered?

Comment

• Casius
                            • Dec 2006

No, I totally agree that most are more willing to buy RO at the RO flagship if not just for the whole Owens' experience (I mean, he has a statue of him holding his member in there....).

The only reason I say they upcharge is because a lot of the things I have got from them have been $10-15 more than at A. Now this is pretty minor but they definitely tend to feed into the fact they have a big celebrity client base.

So does this mean Barneys in BH is carrying RO again? Just DRKSHDW? I'm so confused now....lol. I'm gonna call to see what's up.

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

i think the above is actually a nylon/cotton/leather trifecta w the majority being nylon.

i got the white blistered leather which is super fresh and the one from the catalogue, which has helped me make up my mind to keep it, the only other white i saw was the suede. does standard leather mean non blistered?

[/quote]

Yea, that's my favorite jacket in white. Pnid- How's the sizing like this time around?

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

white leather fit perfect in a S. the hoodie fit better in a M. i could wear the S but was tight in the shoulders w a double layer shirt on. the M, go figure, was just the slighest bit more comfortable almost unnoticeable, but enough for me to think that is the correct size and would be layerable. and jo jo confirmed and he's got quite a good success rate w these things, so i put it on hold (until I get paid again ((or get my lunch money as bakla put it[86])) which who knows when will be[:^)])

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎