X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Casius
    • Dec 2006

Re: RICK OWENS

Ah, thanks man! So it looks as though I could still stick with my XL (probably good for sizale time!) for the hooded one.
    I wanna see you sportin that white one though!
    "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• AX-OV
      • Feb 2008

MAN, I came across these on some Japanese site. Has anyone ever seen these????? I WANT THEM..probably japan special edition :(..

Comment

• Chinorlz
        • Sep 2006

damn that hooded asymm zip jacket is ill as a pill but the price.... and its not even full-on leather :(

What happened to the days that a Rick (all) leather jacket was under $2k at full retail :(

ah well....

www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]

damn that hooded asymm zip jacket is ill as a pill but the price.... and its not even full-on leather :(

What happened to the days that a Rick (all) leather jacket was under $2k at full retail :(

ah well....

[/quote]

Yea, it's somewhat hard to swallow....I know it takes just as much to construct it (maybe even more) but still, kinda crazy. It looks forkin' awesome though!

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• glamroots
            • Jun 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]the new yorker article mentions the history of the RO LA exclusive. its now w Maxfield. Owens did it so he could sell the clothes up front for 50% and stay alive.
            [/quote]

its true that Maxfield has the LA exclusive on the RO mainline... other stores have carried DRKSHDW and Lilies in the LA area, though I can only think of Barneys now. Maxfields pricing seems in line with other US stores carrying RO but is higher than in Europe. All to be blamed on the poor US dollar right now and the import duties to the US. I'm sure when Maxfield figures out their retail cost it includes all the taxes they have to pay in addition to the cost of the item... so if retail is about double of cost, its kinda like the customer pays double import tax on the item... and then has to pay local tax on top of that. Also, Maxfield has a seriously loyal Rick customer base/following, and they pre sell much of his line before it hits the store, or within days of it hitting the store because they call everyone

Comment

• glamroots
              • Jun 2007

[quote user="glamroots"]

has anyone seen this jacket for sale in size M?

[/quote]

on another note... looks like i found the jacket i was seeking. suppose to ship next week. anyone familiar with vat on items shipped into the US?

i also saw this jacket in the brown suede and some greyish color... anyone else?

Comment

• bakla
                • Oct 2006

glam, nice pickup. You should be able to get the VAT refunded if you request a VAT form from the company that sells it to you, if they don't remove the VAT to begin with. If I'm not mistaken, it's anywhere from 14 - 17% added, depending on whether it's full price or not (all my overseas purchases seem to vary with the amount of VAT removed, depending on whether I bought them full price or sale), but I'd defer to more experienced posters if they have definite info.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

I'm curious if anyone has seen that nylon flight jacket from SS08 yet.
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• JohnFG
                    • May 2007

I tried it on today ... together with the new SS08 light leather jacket - I fell in love with immediately.

Comparing the two, I for sure would go for the leather version!!!

The nylon one is only 250 Euro below the leather one and (from my pov) not worth the price (approx 1200 Euro -if I remember right).

"Oh my good: to much leather jackets are already waiting for me to take them for a ride...and now there is this very soft light one I adore.
                    Need to check which of my leaher jackets maybe needs to go to another good SZ home..."

JF

Edit: here is a link to the leather version: http://www.mindtrive.com/img/1311_owe_top_d.jpg

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

i think aka picked up that one on mindtrive or a slightly diff. version when he was on his last special agent mission
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• JohnFG
                        • May 2007

... it's so thin and soft that you don't even know that you're wearing it :)

JF

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

sort of like a lamb skin condom [:$]

Comment

• JohnFG
                            • May 2007

[quote user="philip nod"]sort of like a lamb skin condom [:$]
                            [/quote]

... that's exactly how it feels !!!

JF

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

i'd like a box then

Comment

• JohnFG
                                • May 2007

that's 15 to 20 K$ then :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎