X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • AKA*NYC
    • Nov 2007

Re: RICK OWENS

[quote user="hanajibu"]I think he's been friends with Kembra Pfaler for years, so I don't think it's accurate to include Rick on the VHOKB bandwagon.
    [/quote]
    I figured as much, but does that mean he needs to put her on his t-shirts? I have no problem with KP or VHOKB except seeing them on Rick's tees. On a similar note Julius referenced industrial music in the current collection. While I actively listen to the stuff to this day I was embarrassed to see the all-too-obvious references plastered across t-shirts, etc. Anyway, JMO.
    LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• hanajibu
      • Jan 2007

Agreed. If I have to have a print on my Rick tee, I'd much prefer his long Wagner quote from F/W 2007. (I think Julius did a take on this for S/S)

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="AKA*NYC"][quote user="hanajibu"]I think he's been friends with Kembra Pfaler for years, so I don't think it's accurate to include Rick on the VHOKB bandwagon.
        [/quote]
        I figured as much, but does that mean he needs to put her on his t-shirts? I have no problem with KP or VHOKB except seeing them on Rick's tees. On a similar note Julius referenced industrial music in the current collection. While I actively listen to the stuff to this day I was embarrassed to see the all-too-obvious references plastered across t-shirts, etc. Anyway, JMO.

[/quote]

Julius should just discontinue anything remotely dealing with the English alphabet, and do it promptly. Besides, isn't it better to wear a band tshirt anyway, if you really want to fly the flag?

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sbw4224
          • Sep 2006

This is fantastic - the sheer, slim arms combined with the rough denim looks great. I wonder how it'll hold up, though? Either way, I'd like to see a men's version!

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

[quote user="hanajibu"]Agreed. If I have to have a print on my Rick tee, I'd much prefer his long Wagner quote from F/W 2007. (I think Julius did a take on this for S/S)[/quote]

Me too, that was the best one I've seen!

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="AKA*NYC"][quote user="hanajibu"]I think he's been friends with Kembra Pfaler for years, so I don't think it's accurate to include Rick on the VHOKB bandwagon.
              [/quote]

[/quote]

Julius should just discontinue anything remotely dealing with the English alphabet, and do it promptly. Besides, isn't it better to wear a band tshirt anyway, if you really want to fly the flag?

[/quote]

I couldn't agree more. I love wearing band t-shirts and don't think I'll ever stop.

Comment

• Casius
                • Dec 2006

Looking through those pics, I honestly didn't have any clue who those things were....all I know, is they scare me.

Rick is taking the drkshdw for women to a whole 'nother place though. The asymmetrical jackets in denim for women are fucking amazing and the ribbed jeans he did for this Spring for women are so sick. I would love to see him dabble a bit with the menswear like he does the womens.

I would be down for an asymmetrical jean jacket.

"because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                  • Oct 2007

Damn, I'm actually kinda liking what I'm seeing from Drkshdw as much, if not a slight more than the mainline. Maybe it's because it seems very Exploder to me, which is easily one of my favorite all time collections.

But yeah, it seems like he's doing a continuation of Exploder for Drkshdw and progressing into something else with his mainline (which is also great, and I can't wait to see what kinda awesome shit we get for the menswear side when it hits the stores).

Comment

• Casius
                    • Dec 2006

I think you have to remember that a lot of time he uses his mainline items in the drkshdw photos. I think those big hooded coats you see in the shots are actually from mainline...but, I could be wrong.

Comment

• CommieRabbit
                      • Oct 2007

Quit trying to crush my dreams ok? [70]

Comment

• Casius
                        • Dec 2006

[quote user="CommieRabbit"]Quit trying to crush my dreams ok? [70]
                        [/quote]

Haha, sorry. I didn't mean they wouldn't be coming out though! I'm sure it's a F/W08.09 piece, he just mixed it in with the drkshdw stuff. Trust me, I'm stoked he's doing those big hooded jackets again this fall because I missed out on the one from Exploder.

(Also, the last look for STAG has the same jacket but in a blistered leather!)

Comment

• Casius
                          • Dec 2006

Some of the sickest Women's RO pants....

..love the pleating.

Comment

• kira
                            • Mar 2008

[quote user="Casius"]

..love the pleating.

[/quote]

how much?????[75]

Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

so i can start saving now...
                              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Casius
                                • Dec 2006

[quote user="kira"][quote user="Casius"]

..love the pleating.

[/quote]

how much?????[75]

[/quote]

Well, in the Barneys catalog, they are listing them for $980. :(

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎